Im Scared Now!

RebelSingh

Think the person in the Sahki is in question, I very much doubt it’s the same Bhai Gurdas Jee who wrote the Vara, though I tend not to listen to stories on Guru Jee or Bhagats that arent from Guru Granth Shaib or a solid source like Sant Isher Singh Jee.

Though Sakia do play a part in our development in understanding morals and a good character, again,

1. These are open to debate due to ones intelligent development

2. Personal opinions shaped by education, people and literature, as you can see for yourself this forum is full of a 100 different opinions for the same story and action.

That’s why the moral code is very simple/clear.

Also on the flip, even if you haven’t heard one Sakhi in your life, been highly educated or educated at all both can Meet Vaheguru, all that is needed, is to follow the teachings of someone who has practically passed through Bav Sagar in too Niijh Ghaar, there called Sants, Sadhus, Bhagats Gurmukhs, Brahm Giaanis in Guru Granth Shaib.

maadho sathasangath saran thumaaree |

O Lord, I seek the Sanctuary of the company of Your Saints;

mil sathasangath param padh paaeiaa aatham raam rehiaa bharapoor</strong> |1| rehaao |

Joining True Congregation, I have obtained the supreme status. The Lord, the Supreme Soul, is all-pervading. ||1||Pause||

Rebel Singh Jee wrote, ‘’Sorry MATE first of all i dont kno wat ur going on about, we r from england, in england we call each other mate, its called being polite, so thats ur fail MATE, not mine. 2nd of all, im not gona come on this site n brownnose any1, not u or the mods.BTW(By The Way), wen all the english sikhs on here read ur comment, they r gonna laugh u into the ground ‘’

Rebel Singh jee I am afraid, I actually am living in England, in the UK, and was already living in the UK, long before you were probably born! I don’t just live in the UK, through Guru Maharaj’s apar bekhshish and kirpa I even own more than one businesses here and have been employing more local born persons than your fingers could count. No one calls me mate and I call no one mate. Everyone who I deal with who is a Sikh whether in real life or the internet gets called by either their name or as veerjee/bhenjee/matajee/ pitajee etc. This is how those who groomed me into Sikhi way back, taught us as THE polite and loving way for Sikhs to talk to each other and it makes complete sense. Those who are none Sikhs get called by their name in most cases.

In my business and personal life, even English white lads are taught by me not to call me mate but they call me either ‘brother’ or ‘dad’, because I show them the love of a dad. This is a fact. On Father’s day I get messages of love on my mobile from English lads calling me dad not mate! Those England born Sikhs who read my comment, if they are truly into Sikhi they will not laugh me into the ground but you, for being ignorant of some of the basic rules of Sikh sabia-char that one gets tutored in, very early on, in our grooming to be Khalsas. No one is asking you to brown nose anyone. You are being advised to rethink of differentiating between talking as some ordinary person and talking using chardikela Sikhi terminology. That sakhi you quoted is making a very important point about the importance of not just living by the nominal rules of Sikhi but letting Sikhi filter down into our rehnee behnee kehnee and sehnee.

If you do not understand what I ‘’ am going on about’’ then print out what I originally wrote and show it to some learned gyani nearby and he will explain it better. I like to see some of your humility on display rather than your ego in the way you express yourself. Let your talk show that you are a loving and relaxed person who knows how to engage in a humble and kind manner. Not a person with a gora mindset of always wanting to be right and being on the attack with sharp, dry, unbothered attitude responses.

I did not come to England many decades ago to get trained to call others mate, but rather to share the tradition of our Khalsa dharam with others and the beautiful terminology we have that makes language so much more bhinni-ras.

TO ALL SIKHSANGAT users, especially the english ones, can someone please inject sum reality to this "Humkire" bandah! i honestly cannot believe this person is tryin tell me about "humility" when he's accusing me of, if im not mistaken, "a Gora mindset", TEL ME where is your humility/ego control! YOU humkire r a joke, straight up, to start an argument about how upset u r, because i called u "mate". Look my friend first off all i aint middle class like quite a few sikhs nowadays, we r not all frm rich areas/families, sum of us r from workin class families and actually talk street level and talk the local slang. If ur gettin offended by the word "MATE", then its jus laughable, pappu syndrome is well under swing here. DAMN

oh n by the way, if ur insinuating that im sum gorah coconut, there u r very much mistaken, ive learned a lot of our history, speak decent panjabi, im NOT as spiritualy connected like u seem 2 b, but that dont make me inferior. Whether or not u liteally said im not barabar(equal) to u, u r givin that impression. personally i have NEVER not heard sikhs/pakistanis/bangalis/blacks say "mate", everyone friggin does, its part of the linguo. oh n the fathers day comment u made is soooooo soppy, its jus funny.

why dont u try typing in the word "MATE" into the search engine above, n see how many times ppl use that word on this forum, u ARE definitly makin a prat out of yourself, BIG TIME!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TALK SENSE TO THIS GUY! coz 'meri mathh mari gaye iss bandeh de naal'. ALSO THANKS for ruining this thread which was about bhai gurdas ji

Rebel Singh Jee wrote, ‘’Sorry MATE first of all i dont kno wat ur going on about, we r from england, in england we call each other mate, its called being polite, so thats ur fail MATE, not mine. 2nd of all, im not gona come on this site n brownnose any1, not u or the mods.BTW(By The Way), wen all the english sikhs on here read ur comment, they r gonna laugh u into the ground ‘’

Rebel Singh jee I am afraid, I actually am living in England, in the UK, and was already living in the UK, long before you were probably born! I don’t just live in the UK, through Guru Maharaj’s apar bekhshish and kirpa I even own more than one businesses here and have been employing more local born persons than your fingers could count. No one calls me mate and I call no one mate. Everyone who I deal with who is a Sikh whether in real life or the internet gets called by either their name or as veerjee/bhenjee/matajee/ pitajee etc. This is how those who groomed me into Sikhi way back, taught us as THE polite and loving way for Sikhs to talk to each other and it makes complete sense. Those who are none Sikhs get called by their name in most cases.

In my business and personal life, even English white lads are taught by me not to call me mate but they call me either ‘brother’ or ‘dad’, because I show them the love of a dad. This is a fact. On Father’s day I get messages of love on my mobile from English lads calling me dad not mate! Those England born Sikhs who read my comment, if they are truly into Sikhi they will not laugh me into the ground but you, for being ignorant of some of the basic rules of Sikh sabia-char that one gets tutored in, very early on, in our grooming to be Khalsas. No one is asking you to brown nose anyone. You are being advised to rethink of differentiating between talking as some ordinary person and talking using chardikela Sikhi terminology. That sakhi you quoted is making a very important point about the importance of not just living by the nominal rules of Sikhi but letting Sikhi filter down into our rehnee behnee kehnee and sehnee.

If you do not understand what I ‘’ am going on about’’ then print out what I originally wrote and show it to some learned gyani nearby and he will explain it better. I like to see some of your humility on display rather than your ego in the way you express yourself. Let your talk show that you are a loving and relaxed person who knows how to engage in a humble and kind manner. Not a person with a gora mindset of always wanting to be right and being on the attack with sharp, dry, unbothered attitude responses.

I did not come to England many decades ago to get trained to call others mate, but rather to share the tradition of our Khalsa dharam with others and the beautiful terminology we have that makes language so much more bhinni-ras.

Bhai Shaib where do I start, do you know mannerisms are not a indication of your respect towards a person, many people during the times of Guru shaibs were considered abrupt and cold, yet there avastas where of Sants, I think startling peoples character has nothing to do with Sikhi or furtherment of one’s personality, as for respect, as long as people aren’t being obnoxious or rude then people have the right to act/talk how they want.

''Bhai Shaib where do I start, do you know mannerisms are not a indication of your respect towards a person, many people during the times of Guru shaibs were considered abrupt and cold, yet there avastas where of Sants, I think startling peoples character has nothing to do with Sikhi or furtherment of one’s personality, as for respect, as long as people aren’t being obnoxious or rude then people have the right to act/talk how they want.''

Mat Pulo Rai

This is not about mannerisms but something deeper. As for a rare number of people being abrupt and cold but true Sikhs in Sikh history, that abruptness and coldness is never deeper than the crust. Because SGGS makes it clear ''miteth nivi Nanka gun changayaia tat'', that being just one of a multitute of shabads in SGGS that stress not just on the importance of paying attention to our inner hidden attitudes towards others but also our mannerisms. Sikhi is complete and does not neglect or over look anything mannerisms or not. Sikhi starts from the outer and penetrates the core and also starts from the core and transforms the outer.

My intention is not to find fault etc but it is important for us to be able to sharpen each other like iron sharpens iron. It helps us to learn to receive help from one another. In the west there is an ongoing problem with correction where people start feeling patronised, dominated and attacked the moment you try telling them a tiny thing. I am afraid this disease is slowly spreading too amongst our youths of today, as we see western programmes, go to western schools and become indoctrinated in the western way of communication which can be very manmat.

I remember when I was 7 years old and wrote to the secretary of the Katong Gurudwara in Singapore for tracts and books on Sikhism. That was in 1964. The secretary did not just send me a massive parcel of gutkas, books and tracts that pumped Sikhi powerfully into my soul but also attached a long list of corrections as to how I should have addressed him as dearest bhai sahib, how I should not have put my family surname after the name Singh and so on. I thank God for that till now because from that day I never needed to ever use my surname again , just first name and Singh. And it educated me as to how to talk respectfully to others especially fellow Sikhs. Forty eight years have passed since then but I have not forgotten those corrections! That fact only got reinforced in my life as I got to do the sangat of Bhai Dharam Singh Zakhmi, Gyani Maan Singh Bhaur, Maskin Sahib, Sant Baba Naranjan Singh Patiale wale to mention just a few. It is crucial in Sikhi that we are sharp and watch how we talk, how we address each other, how we think and the direction of our thoughts. Sikh history does not exist to give us excuses for any weakness we may have in our mannerisms.

The right to act and talk in Sikhi is not a liberal free for all. A thorough read of puratan maryada makes us aware that Sikhi jeewan progresses fast when we allow ourselves to be in the bandish of maryada touching every tiny aspect of our living as it unfolds itself in SGGS, DSSGS to educate us in this. I do not have the liberty to stay rude even though I mean no harm by basing it on the rudeness of so and so in Sikh history. Rather I bear the responsibility to realise that everything and anything that emanates from my being has to have the wondrous magical touch of Guru Gobind Singh. This should our aim in our life to help us reach the state of chardikela in our lifes that we so admire in the avastha of others and perhaps hero worship.

And finally, character has everything to do with Sikhi. Gurbani makes it clear '' jinh manas te devte kieh, kart na lagi //''.

In my day to day conversations with people I am constantly haunted lovingly by those beautiful words of Dashmesh Pitajee ''par beti ko beti janoh, par istri ko mat bkhanoh''. Everytime I see a younger lady no matter what her race, this ingrained words make me call her ....daughter. and everytime I meet an older lady I say, mother. Many English people then ask me... why are you calling me daughter/mother/brother etc...... and it gives me a chance to explain about Sikhi and how we keep our thoughts pure by referring to them as such. They really love it and it makes them want to know more about Sikhi.

This Sakhi is not about Bhai Gurdas Ji that was wrote the vaaran and did the seva of writing Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. First of all, the Bhai Gurdas Ji that wrote vaaran was at the time of Guru Arjan Dev ji and Gur Hargobind Sahib ji.

There is another Sakhi about Bhai Gurdas Ji and his vaaran. How he wrote in his vaaran that when guru ji tests a Sikh, the Sikh should not waver. The SixthGuru Ji asked him about this and questioned it, but bhai gurdas ji stood firm. Then Guru Ji sent him to Kabal to get horses and also sent along a chest full of payment for the horses. After he had chosen the horses, he went to get the payment/money/gold from the chest but it was empty. He panicked and thought that the horsetraders will think I was trying to cheat them and I will be humilated and possibly killed. So he sneaked away from the back side of the tent, went to Agra did katha for a king and was much beloved. then guru ji sent singhs to bring him back, saying he is my thief bring him with hands tied. Bhai Gurdas himself made sure his hands were tied the whole way to guru ji. Then guru ji asked him about the "sikh should not waver when guru ji tests him" pangti. Bhai Gurdas Ji changed it to "If guru ji test a Sikh, what can the poor sikh do,"

ANYWAY in the link it says that the Father of Bhai Kirtiya served Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji who became Guru in 1664, while bhai Gurdas JI did akaal chalana in 1636.

IT IS NOT THE SAME BHAI GURDAAS JI that wrote SGGS and the vaaran. Bhai Sahib's vaaran are the kunji to SGGS, how could they have been reincarnated into a bear?

There are many interesting angles to this sakhi whoever that Sikh was who got incarnated as a bear.

First it shows the love of Gurujee towards those who come to His sharan. This Sikh faltered in his previous life but Gurujee did not let his soul be consigned to hell! Rather Guru Jee being as Gurbani says ''Karan krn karm.....''(Cause of causes)through His Divine grace caused that Sikh to be reborn in Gurujee's vicinity so he could be granted mukti. I seriously cannot think of any greater favour and bigger blessing than to be able to come back to be the presence of Shree Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj, or SGGS OR DSGGS or our earlier 9 Mahan Guru Sahibaans no matter in what form. SGGS declares ''raj na chahoo, mukt na chahoo, man preet charan kemlare!'' and likewise numerous beautiful shabads in Gurbani including ''Miter pyareh noo'' where you find that absolutely most exquisite and beautiful line of Illahi poetry ever written in '' yaarh da sanoo sathr changa bhat kerea da rehna!'' This is our DAD, Guru Gobind Singh's love for us that if we love Him and be His, He will never forsake us but will rectify and redeem us no matter what it takes. Sikhi does not take a one janam view of things like the Judaistic based faiths, rather it focuses on God's and Guru's hukum played out according to God's divine 'lila' over many janams. Kabir declares in Gurbani...''janam janam hum tumreh sewak ab to mitia na jai''. There is a very touching story from the biography of Sant Baba Nand Singh Kaleran Wale, about a Sikh who mockingly sneered at someone saying he was more than happy to be reborn even as a dog if that could mean he could be in the presence of the saint and SGGS in his next life, and how that Sikh got corrected in a dream that same night as to how wondrous it would be even to be not just a dog but the servant of such a dog in the unseen zone of ruhaniyaat! Even a fly that can fly into the palms of Shree Guru Gobind Singh Kalgidhar Dashmesh Pita is luckier than all those who do not have the fortune of beholding the darshan of Gurujee. How excited that Sikh's soul would have been when he was rebrought into the presence of Gurujee as a bear is something beyond my comprehension. If today someone came and told me that in my next janam I would exist in the presence of, and have the darshan of Gurujee be it as a bacteria, bee, bear or boar, I would be more delighted and probably die instantly of excitement! Dhan Sikhi and Dhan Guru Sahib and Dhan Khalsa Panth!

Guru Gobind Singh is alive because as Gurbani says He is 'jagjeewan'' i.e the life of the universe. As long as we are His He will not forsake us. I cannot reveal names but I know in real life an amritdharee Singh who is still alive.This Amritdharee man because of many bad karmas, and too many terrible problems ended up taking off his kara, smoking non stop like a chimney, and cutting his hair etc. However two things were happening in the 20 year period that followed where this man kept smoking, stay as mona, etc. Firstly Guru Gobind Singh personally kept coming in his dreams to tell him off and ask him to go straight in his ways. Secondly, this man even though he chained smoked and was mona, without kara, still had a hidden deep love for Sikhi, Gurbani etc that was all mixed up mish-mesh because of his lifestyle. Ultimately, when enough was enough, Guru Gobind Singh personally appeared to this man in his bedroom and did such a miracle that the man instantly gave up smoking after 20 years and is now keeping his hair back and put his kara back on. This happened in May 2010 in England, UK. Even this guy's non Sikhs friends cannot believe how he gave up smoking in just one split second after chain smoking for 20 years. Even they see it as a miracle. I know this man personally so I am telling you a fact of 100% truth, no exxagerations.

Deep, deep, deep, deep, deep inside you gotta love Gurujee with all your heart and be wanting to be His. He WILL come and make you His. I will say it again.......Gurujee is the hope of the hopeless. Hope belongs to Gurujee.