Punjabi

Jassika

48 members have voted

1. 1. Punjabi

• I can read, write and speak Punjabi fluently.
    • I can read and/or write little bit but can speak fluently.
    • I can only speak.
    • None of the above.

Singh,

I have got Persian and Sanskrit grammars and software, also Arabic. We need to figure out how to share. for Braj Bhakya or Braj Bhasha, i am afraid no genuine software is available. It is close to "dialects" of Hindi langauge, so learning advanced Hindi can help.

But i have access to couple of books on Braj grammar...i have to scan them to share. I haven't read them myself yet either. The problem is the are in devanagri script, and written in difficult Hindi, so understanding the grammar of Braj wouldn't be a piece of cake.

Once you learn the grammatical rules and stuff, you learn Gurmukhi and Punjabi. I do not see much difference. Panj Pyare were from other parts but that does not mean they did not know Punjabi. Sikhs used to come to Guru Ji from Kabul, Tibet and Barma but they knew the language. I am sitting far far from Punjab but I still know my language. If you read books of Bhai Vir Singh Ji in English you do not find the same love as you do in Punjabi. My Guru Ji chose Punjabi. Read what Baba Nand Singh Ji and other great Gursikhs had to say about Punjabi. If I write it hardly anyone would believe me. So I leave it up to you to do your own research.

"Aarbee Farsee Akhar Na Paray, Mera Sikh Naukree Keyon Karay"

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I love punjabi.. I can speak punjabi fluently and i don't feel shy or anything for speaking punjabi in public like majority of sikh ppls do... I see most of the apanay banday thinks that speaking punjabi brings person down in the society; thus they end up choosing english (western) or even hindi (In india).

Im glad to have friends who are born and raised in california YET they choose to speak PUNJABI with friends..

Learn punjabi.. !!!

GOOD Thread Bijla SIngh .. really good one

i hear so many people have their groups at school and they go around and speak punjabi and are proud of it... and im sitting there thinking... if i could speak it ... i would also be doing that too.... its hard for some one born and raised in america..... havent really gone to india either... (only once.. when i was a baby.. so that doesnt count... cause i dont remember anything)

i can read... write well but when it comes to speakin... arghhhhhhhhh the words just doesnt come out of my mouth... i can understand punjabi very well too.. but da oni problem ive got is that i cant speak it.. :D @

but its very important that we all should try to speak punjabi at home and not english.. and if posb make it a point that when we meet our punjabi friends we speak to em in punjabi.. (hope someone could do that with me, so i will have enough confidence to speak in punjabi) ... :wub:

"Aarbee Farsee Akhar Na Paray, Mera Sikh Naukree Keyon Karay"

Can you please translate tha

If you take tha ion Panjab litteral translation SEEMS TO BE

Do not read Arabic and Farsi, why should my Sikh work :T:

can ypu please translate tha into proper meaniong ?

thanks

bhukll chukk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Do not read Arabic and Farsi
true as most people then thought of these languages to be god's languages and these languages had more influence on people when it came to education. so study of Punjabi was recommended.
why should my Sikh work

"naukree" means being someone's servant like serving someone. Sikh should only serve Waheguru.

Written in Sau Sakhi. you can look into that for more info. I maybe wrong.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh