Hazoor Sahib Or Hemkont Sahib?

TuheeTuhee

If I were you, I'd choose Hemkunt Sahib.

Hemkunt is only open on certain times of the year and NRIs hardly ever visit India during the summer but since you are you might as well take advantage of this opportunity to visit Hemkunt Sahib. Hazoor Sahib can be visited anytime of the year.

Vaheguru Ji Ja Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh ||

Before you leave for your trip do an Ardas with full Sharda and Receive a Blessed Hukamnama from our Gurdev Jeo. Do an Ardas to Him to be able to and do a Yatra of Both These Amazing Ithihask Asthans and to be able to get full Laha of Both without rushing through the Yatra. Guru Sahib Maharaj Jeo will surely answer your Humble Ardas. Make sure to get Karah Prasad ready with Full Maryada (including Sarbhloh) as well. Guru Ji Kirpa Karan. I hope Guru Sahib Will answer this Papis Ardasan to be able to go to These Beloved Asthans of my Beloved Father as well.

Bhul Chuk Muaff Karna Ji |

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh ||

Personally having been to both gurdwara sahibs in recent yrs I'd say sri hazour sahib :) stay for least a week :) don't take any gadgets with you either its beyond amazing. Its practically heaven on earth. You will not want to leave; I cried when I left because its just so uplifting. Or go both in sametime. Iv heard of sangat who have done both yathras within a few weeks. But personally even though hemkunt sahib yathra and hazour sahib yathras were both dreams of mine that Guru je blessed me with iv fallen in love with sri hazour sahib so plan to go back next year. Hope that helps

Personally having been to both gurdwara sahibs in recent yrs I'd say sri hazour sahib :) stay for least a week :) don't take any gadgets with you either its beyond amazing. Its practically heaven on earth. You will not want to leave; I cried when I left because its just so uplifting. Or go both in sametime. Iv heard of sangat who have done both yathras within a few weeks. But personally even though hemkunt sahib yathra and hazour sahib yathras were both dreams of mine that Guru je blessed me with iv fallen in love with sri hazour sahib so plan to go back next year. Hope that helps

When you say "any gadgets" what about a camera? lol

I'd love to go to Hazoor Sahib one day. I have been to Hemkunt Sahib when I was a teen and, in hindsight, I loved it. At the time I thought I was going to die, because I'm not really a fan of heights at all.....which is a problem as the whole point of Hemkunt Sahib is navigating a certain section of the Himalayas, lol.

It's probably trite to say this but once you get to the top it's a breathtaking place. People were sobbing not because of sadness (or even joy) but the emotion of the place is so overwhelming that these feelings just pour out of you for no apparent reason. Although the journey up there was, for me, very risky and there were a couple of occasions where I thought I was going to slip and fall.

There's definitely something special up there. WIthout a doubt the best experience of my life so far.

@TuheeTuhee

i remember going hazoor sahib via car from panjab, through rajasthan-Gujarat-Madhya pradesh-Maharashtra (taking 3 days), then eventually we stayed @ hazoor sahib for roughly 3 days, WICKED! I wasnt educated as much in sikhi, as i am now, but id always notice how the place was over populated by nihangs, and how no one was speakin panjabi. OH and i never forget the MASSIVE MASSIVE Haathi (elephants) jus wonderin around randomly, and those massive war-horns. Only annoyin thing was wen u go and do mattha-tek, the lack of patience/manners apnay people have in formn a queue!! Oh and the silly indians who keep throwin fire-crakers/fireworks at your feet and find it funny that u can explode or catch fire.

its only few yrs afterwards that i realised wat i had visited, wen reading the significance of the place (Guru Gobind Singh's Leaving Of The Planet). I have never been 2 Hemkunt Sahib (r we 100% sure now that is DEFINITELY Guru Gobind Singh's meditation place in his previous life btw?).

Personally, slightly off-topic, but the 3 Gurdwaras which always stick in my mind,n r my favourites are;

1)Manikaran Gurdwara (Himachal) SIK!!! (Also the gurdwara in Gurdas maan's film - Ucha Dar Babé Nanak Da)

2)Tarn Taaran Gurdwara (Panjab) - Biggest sarovar of any gurdwara in the world, wicked!!

3)Harmandar Sahib (Panjab) - slightly obvious

Obviously camera :p I meant like don't take your mobile or anything like that. If your a "social network" type of person avoid all internet connect able gadgets to because hazour sahib is really really special so don't let gadgets/internet spoil that when your there. I went with a group of sangat during 300saal smagam and we had 1 phone between us for the whole 10days & it was great because meant all the time we were focused on Bani Simran Sangat and Seva. We hardly ever even used the phone lol