Help! Family Against Me Growing Hair Because Of Headlice

Guest Jagjeet

Guest Jagjeet

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh

I don't want to hurt the fundamentals of Sikhi and what the Shaheeds did. I want to keep growing my hair even though I have headlice but my family say cut it, you can grow it when your older etc. I then said I might not get chance again dunno when swaas will run out and they just laughed really. I hope Vaheguru does Kirpa and doesn't let this influence me. I will never cut my hair! Even though I said I could just try treatment for head lice they still don't understand. Hair is my organ.

I don't want to hurt the fundamentals of Sikhi and what the Shaheeds did. I want to keep growing my hair even though I have headlice but my family say cut it, you can grow it when your older etc. I then said I might not get chance again dunno when swaas will run out and they just laughed really. I hope Vaheguru does Kirpa and doesn't let this influence me. I will never cut my hair! Even though I said I could just try treatment for head lice they still don't understand. Hair is my organ.

There are ways to treat it without cutting it. Go get Shampoo probably the best way.

Head lice are easy to treat. Your family is using head lice as an excuse to not let you grow your hair. Go buy head lice shampoo and say you will use that. Guarantee you they will come up with a different excuse.

You say you want to honor the shaheeds. The shaheeds of Sikhi also had a lot of people telling them to cut their hair, and they never did. Best way to honor them would be to ignore your family, and keep your hair. At the end of the day, it's your life and you make the final choices. Your family will try and influence you, but whether you keep your hair or not will come down to you and how much you really want to honor our shaheeds

Guest KAUR

That is one of the lamest excuses our community uses along with ichy scalp to get their children to cut their hair. Veerjee as the users above have suggested head lice is one of those problems that can be solved quite easily. I remember being young and getting this problem quite a couple of times from my classmates or even my cousins back in India, and my mom used to sit me down and take them out one by one. I never had to cut my hair or anything for such a minor problem, and trust me my kes are upto my knees. There are many treatments for this. If no one is willing to pick them out, maybe grossed by it or something, then simply go to your local pharmacy and get a lice shampoo. The pharmacists are well aware of this problem and will prescribe the best one. First solve this problem, and then get a huge poster of Bhai Taru Singh Jee and hang it in your room, so not only you get inspiration everyday for keeping kes, but also your family! :) Rest leave upto Guroo Saahib!

Don't do it over such a small thing. In world war II Singhs fought in the French trenches riddled with disease and other ills and Sikhs fought proudly with big dastaaran and full kesh. Go get head lice shampoo and treatments and wash your hair multiple times a day until it's completely cured and then clean your entire room/house or wherever you live and keep it clean (especially dastaran and clothes).

You are on the right path, brother. Please tell your family that you will always be a true Sikh and never stray from the path.

It is really sad to hear that your family wants you to cut your hair. I pray Waheguru grants them some sense.

Their are heaps of anti lice treatments available. Please use them and get rid of the lice.

I don't know why you guys are suggesting using a shampoo that kills head lice - Sikhi teaches you that it is wrong to harm other life deliberately and using a shampoo is a deliberate act to kill head lice.

You should only pick them out one by one and then put them in the garden.

when you start wearing a dastaar you rarely get headlice. i walked through school in a hairlice pandemic never got them once. only time i got them was when i was 2years old in india when my kesh weren't covered. just comb them out and get their eggs out! or use shampoo. make sure you keep your kesh clean and wash them when they get dirty. comb them twice a day.

I don't know why you guys are suggesting using a shampoo that kills head lice - Sikhi teaches you that it is wrong to harm other life deliberately and using a shampoo is a deliberate act to kill head lice.

You should only pick them out one by one and then put them in the garden.

Lol