Sign in to follow this  
Guest 51nep

Help! I Need Guidance To The Right Path!

Guest 51nep

WJKK WJKF

Brothers and sisters I need your help, I fear I am leaving the path of righteousness.

I have a muslim friend and he keeps telling me about Islam and it all just seems to make sense.

He told me that Guru Nanak dev ji was a muslim and went to Mecca, is this true?!!

He also said in Islam only muslims go to heaven, but in Sikhism it says you just need to be a good person.

Is any of this true, I need to know before its too late!

Let's see, if I goto England, I'm English? If I goto Canada, I am Canadian? Extremely simplistic view, don't you think?

Contrary to popular belief, Sikhi does not say that one only needs to be a good person. Guru Sahib says numerous times in Gurbani that one must follow the teaching of Satguru to get somewhere. The basic teaching of Sikhi are

- vand shako (share)

- kirat karo (earn an honest living)

- naam japo (lead a righteous and noble life)

I doubt your muslim "friend" is really a friend......but possibly someone just try to convert you. There have been many documentated cases ( not just from Sikhi) of conversions through lies etc.

http://www.whyichosesikhism.com/

Check this website out, and please learn more about sikhi before trusting a non sikh about the principles of sikhi.

WJKK WJKF

Brothers and sisters I need your help, I fear I am leaving the path of righteousness.

I have a muslim friend and he keeps telling me about Islam and it all just seems to make sense.

He told me that Guru Nanak dev ji was a muslim and went to Mecca, is this true?!!

He also said in Islam only muslims go to heaven, but in Sikhism it says you just need to be a good person.

He's barking up the wrong tree, trust me.

If you have a curious mind and have at least 1% affinity for the faith you've been born into, take time this month to read about Sikh history. The fact that you don't know that Guru Nanak Dev Ji wasn't a Muslim is an absolute disgrace.

Forget the internet for a few weeks. Go to the library and take out some books on Sikh history beginning with the birth of Baba Nanak. Then you come back and tell us what you've learnt. No wonder "Abdul" is taking you for a ride!

As for heaven, I can't wait to see the faces of our Islamic friends when they really do get to the "other side". Wish someone would get me a camera for that moment!

• Like 1

WJKK WJKF

You should tell your muslim "friend" Gurbani says heaven is the same as hell. And us Sikhs (if we practice sikhi properly) go to Saachkhand, a place much higher than Heaven.

Hasn't he told you they believe there are 40 virgins waiting for them in their heaven? How is that pure or heavenly? So they control themselves their entire lives just to engage in all that when they die?! What was the point in that self control is that's where it gets them? Sikhs call those actions lowly and like dust. We engage in pleasures much higher through the dasam duar with Vaheguru which is something a muslim will never understand. And yes that is why sikhi is all about being a good person and living your life truthfully.

You need to learn about your own religion. There is no use calling yourself a Sikh if you do not know much about sikhi.

u dont even no u GURU JI went to mecca , he ent tere bcz he wanted to tell those muslims , that god is not in a stone heis everywhere , and there is nohell or heaven , everything is here , reincarnation . go to sikhiwiki.com and learn some stuff . and tell da muslim to leave u alone and that u r a sikh , bcz of muslims our women get gang raped bcz of muslims our religon little childrengot killed bcz of muslims oou gurduaras got burned and beadbi , we had so many wars with muslims and we wer da good guys , they jus wanteed to convert every1 , did u forget that they kill 2 of our GURUS , and they prohpet mohammed molisted little girls , thas who u wanna call ur father a guy who molest litte girls .

On second thoughts I think the OP is a troll. Seems fishy to me. Look at the tags. Someone genuinely conflicted wouldn't have tagged the thread in such a manner. Our OP is probably down the mosque as we speak.

Guest 51ngh

On second thoughts I think the OP is a troll. Seems fishy to me. Look at the tags. Someone genuinely conflicted wouldn't have tagged the thread in such a manner. Our OP is probably down the mosque as we speak.

Naa I reckon he's being proper serious as hes probs stressing cuz his parents will be saying one thing nd this muslim *removed* would be chatting breeze in his ear.

This "friend" of yours is lying to you bro. Ditch the liar and learn about sikhi truly nd then you'll know da truth. Sikhism's the proper path, you should do kirtan like every day nd then you wouldn't be in this mess.

Guru Ji went to mecca not as a muslim but as the TRUE messenger of God.

Dont be a coward tell him to become a Sikh instead.

• Like 1

waheguru ji.................he's probabaly convincing u to convert to his religion...................that's for sure...he seems to be a good speaker and you a good listener....it seems like he speaks and you are impressed.......the problem here is your lack of info of your own "unique" and the best religion.........

ask him questions about the lackings in his religion......

1. what will he get when he gets into the heaven? - good food, meat, servants, apsara, life full of leisure and pleasure....ik kaam te vikaran bhari life ...............wait for his answer and then tell him you don't want any of these things.......because these can be bought by money even on earth.......and then ask him what will heaven have for you apart for these things............?

well...these are just the communication skills......but you can effectively use them only if you have enough knowledge of your own religion.........

tell him why Guru Nanak Dev ji went to mecca..........there are couple of sakhis on this.....one when guru sahib went to do namaz with king and his vazir and the other one when mecca moved in whichever direction guru sahib moved his charan..............i am sure you know these sakhis........as we have been listening these since childhood......

2. tell him a gursikh doesn't care about heaven or hell, even mukti......coz heaven is at the foot of a gursikh.....as a member said above...a gursikh only logs for sachkhand.......for a gursikh heaven is on earth while he's alive if he has his Guru's charan preeti....sikh asks for nothing else than guru sahib's charan preeti....

raj na chahon, mukt na chahon,

man preet charan kamlare

3. tell him about the shaheeedis of our Guru sahiban and other sikh shaheeds.......tell him the sakhi of bhai Taru Singh ji, Baba Banda Singh Bahadur, Bhai Mani Singh ji, tell him about Guru Gobind Singh ji and panj pyare......there are endless.........Sikhism is the answer of every religion......

4. ask him muslims thing that allh resides in the sevenths akash......but for sikhism, Guru ji made it easy because God is everywhere...you don'y need to go to satwe aasman or heaven for that.............we don't have to do any killings to get mukti.............sikhs have equal rights for women.....so kyom manda aakhiaye, jit jame raajan...

there so much......you read book on Guru Nanak Dev ji's physical life.....and give him one to read ad then talk.......

Tell him Sikhism teaches us to sacrifice our self and family for religion , not killing others.......

Stand up and give him answers....don\t just keep listening to him.......interupt him, ask questions and then explain the point from sikhism point of view and give examples by telling sakhis.....

you can read many sakhis under sakhi section on this site..........

waheguru ji bhala karan

here are sum links iv uploaded a while ago, scroll down on the first link, until u get to the "rebuttals" to islam etc.. (all documents are inclusive with quotes from quran and haditths.)

the second link is from the first link if u scroll down etc. and its just to get u started..

1. http://www.scribd.com/SikhSangat

2. http://www.scribd.com/doc/39555532/Rebuttal-to-10-Challenges-for-Sikhism-1

i suggest to you, that you say to the muslim guy, yea, islam is a beautiful religion. but i cannot bow down to a religion that says "its ok to have women of the right hand" aka sex slaves, and that its leaver (mohammed) justifies a child marrage.

here are some links for you..

READ THEM.. AFTER READING THESE, NO MUSLIM WILL EVER BE ABLE TO SAY CRAP to you :)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39555486/Introduction-to-Islamic-Hygiene <<- this is the jokesest one...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39555369/Slave-Girls-as-Sexual-Property-in-the-Quran

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39555362/Why-Did-Mohammed-Get-So-Many-Wives

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39555369/Slave-Girls-as-Sexual-Property-in-the-Quran

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39555478/How-the-Vatican-Created-Islam <-- How-the-Vatican-Created-Islam, it cud be true!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39555392/Tafsir-jizya <<--- from a saudi arabia approved web site translation of quran.

ULTIMATELY, they can say what they like.. we as sikhs can never bow to a religion that says these things in their holy book.

lastly, guru nanak dev G did go to mecca. its in bhai gurdaas Gz vaara. they went there, and go into mecca with their writings (gurbani) under their arm, which the muslims thought was the quran.

guru G went there to see whats reely islam all about. they went there, and stayed there for a lil while. the locals didnt want Guru G to go from there as the locals believed that godhimself spoke through guru nanak dev G. in mecca, and to all muslims, guru G was known as pir nanak shah. so, guru G stayed there for as long as they felt right. then wen guru G was gona go, the locals said leave somthing here in mecca to remember you by.. so guru naanak dev g left their jore (shoes) there. and the keeper of the main mecca place, then kept guru Gs jore in the kabba. so the entire muslim population for a while, was worshiping guru nanak dev Gs feet!. then when the keeper of the ka'abba duty was over, after a number of years, he took guru nanak devv Gs jore home with him. you can still see the jore to this day with the muslim guys family.

please, dont worry. all the answers will come to you. have sharda in guru G. and do ardaas that you get the soji. :)

fateh

• Like 1

WJKK WJKF

and, heaven and hell are not perminent places.. as per sikhi. if u be good, you get rewarded in heaven. if bad, u get lashes in hell. then u get chuked back into the cycle of life. and have to get outta it again.

we aim to have no karam whatsoever. so we skip the que, (as we have nothing to be weighed out by dharam raj, so dharaj raj dont know what to do, and just lets you through.) we must go through heaven, and mearge with that singular jort. god. heaven n hell are not permimant places. which uni are u in??

what else makes sense to you that he is saying?? read and hear stories of converted people and why they converted out of islam.

btw, lets not forget in islam, womrn are worth 4 cows. and only half worth of a man

• Like 1