Missing- Pardeep Singh

So sad news. Its reasons like this why we as a community need to be supportive of each other, whether your mona or Amritdhari, we need to support each other like brothers and sisters. A simple smile or kind gesture, which takes a second can lift many souls.

So true. A stranger's acknowledgement on the street with a nod of the head, or even a smile, like you said, is enough for someone of a sensitive disposition facing tough times to feel a little bit better. It really does help more than anyone could ever imagine.

This is so sad.

I think a fair few of us feel that we need more social type, outreach work amongst ourselves.

We can be a 'tough', stoic people but sometimes this exterior makes it difficult for people to reach out when times are hard because they don't want to appear weak and frankly our people can be quite stone hearted in such circumstances.

Let's all of us remind ourselves to try and be more caring and sensitive to our brothers and sisters pain without becoming effeminate about it (the blokes that is).

So sad reading this, no sikh shud ever get 2 a point where they feel suicide is the only raasta left for them .

its a shame he perhaps wasnt into sikhi stories (i presume), coz wen there is death in ur family, by reading the sacrifices of our shaheeds, it kinda puts our problems into perspective. My thaiya ji told me wen i was a kid, thats how he got over losing his baby boy, just minutes after being born (in the 1980s), and i remember it till today, as my nana ji died last yr from cancer.

Also i was listening 2 a hukamnama recently, on the sikh channel, from bhai amardeep singh, he was talking bowt this too.

But maybe diffrnt ppl handle death in a diffrnt way, so sad 2 c a fellow brother 2 feel this is how he cud escape from his pain. I have gone thru immense internal pain in recent yrs, but reading stories of how Guru Gobind Singh lost 35 members of his family, yet in machhiwara da jungle he still came out with a masterpiece like "mittar pyare nu", and wrote the zafarnama 2 aurangzeb, it makes u think, others have had it worse.

again so sad for the family 2 now have 2 arrange 2 funerals, never nice.

BTW i know it may sound incensitive, but can any of the more educated persons on here explain in sikhi terms, will guru ji bless this unfortunate singh because of what he did? myself havin been internally as close 2 as down in the dumps as a human can get (honestly i have!), its only Kalgidhars shaheedi of his family that built me up.

thanks

So sad news. Its reasons like this why we as a community need to be supportive of each other, whether your mona or Amritdhari, we need to support each other like brothers and sisters. A simple smile or kind gesture, which takes a second can lift many souls.

True, although FAM i thought you were going to say how his act was not an act of gurmat and he was going to hell.