Matha Tek

Guest Hss

When we stand in front of guru ji, I see people stand there and say/pray before they matha tek at the gurdwara. What must/should/can u say? Is there any right or wrong.

Start with Vaheguru je ka khalsa vaheguru je ke fatehjeee thank you for blessing me with your dharshan mahraji! You'd say vjkk vjkf same way you would if you was to go to your parents house as the gurdwara sahib is Guru jes court:) . Then just say whatever is in your heart but don't ask for materialistic things. Ask for strength in your gursikhi jeevan; strength to become a better person; strength to do more seva/simran/sangat; these are just examples but hope you get the point. Also to your Q of if its wrong or not. Personally I think its perfectly fine long as its from your heart and not for show to others in sangat. In a way its like your going into guru jes court and just explaining how you feel or what you feel you need help with in order to build/strengthen your jeevan.

When we stand in front of guru ji, I see people stand there and say/pray before they matha tek at the gurdwara. What must/should/can u say? Is there any right or wrong.

waheguru ji kuch vi ardas karo, jithe vi karo, jiwein vi karo, koi marji shabad varat lawo.....ik sharat te dilon pyaar vali kareyo........jin prem kiyo tin hi prabh paayeoo...................jadon prem cho ardaas nikladi hai taan rang hi hor hunda......you'll feel the pyaar for guru sahib........and this pyar might make your eyes wet......

you say the first thing thay comes into ur head... waheguru knows u best so theres no way u can giv ehim a wrong answer... just go for it and take ur tyme, waheguru always does this with us.

Khalsa Ji

There is only one language that Guru Ji asks for , that is the language of love. Whatever you say , say it with Pyaar.

Whaheguru.

gurbani is the only ardaas you need. gurbani has the ardaas inside there. that is the true aim of a sikh's ardaas,

>any<thing else is mun mut. :)

andthing you ever need to say to guru G is in bani.. take hukamnama, and guru G will tell u what ardaas to do.. so do that !

:D

although, it will defeate the object of doing ardaas cuz, "har, antarjami, subh bidh jaanai!.. (hau kis pehe aakh sunaayaae)"

and, tan mun hoae nihaal ja gur dekha saamne, well.. u only get nihaal if u have nothing in ur mun! this is what a gursikhs aint shud be.. to say, guru G, u know whats in my mun, i dont need to ask anyhting, you will provide. (please provide).

on a more 'personal' pov, i.e. a less 'one with god' approach, do a veechaar in ur heart, imagine the people who are most caring, most compashinate, and can 'provide' for you, take these qualities and see guru G as that (i.e. the best you can), then explain the problem. most of the time, people think that they need xyz, and do ardaas for xyz, but in dong that ardaas, they cut themselves off from the greater amazingness that they would have been given.. basically, gods redy to giv u gems, but u think u need amber. gems are more priceless than amber, but we think we need amber. (hope u get this metaphore)..

question. do we know better than our guru, or the other way round? :)

beauts question!

ardaas is most powerfull thing in sikhi. andwill always come true. in this life, or the next!!!! so u myt have to take an extra janam cuz u always asked for stuff that u thought u needed in a previous janam. like u ask for a kid what u fizically cant hav cuz of xyz complication, so u take another janam, and giv birth, n die. (sad times.) - maybe a bad joke : /

so careful what u wish 4!