Sikhs And Gangster/black Culture

• 1 month later...

What do you expect, people are naturally going to act to what society is acting like, big musicians now are Drake, Nikki Minage etc and that rubs off on people.

I think the phrases and words on this thread have gone a bit OTT, in the midlands, these words used aren't so 'black' they are just the words of this generation now amongst all races, white, black, chinese etc. I personally use the word 'enit' and phrases such as 'what you saying' occasionally.. but I also have managed to pass two degrees by knowing when to use proper English, and in my job!... So I really don't think you should worry so much about these Sikhs. Most will grow out of it (apart from those from east london).

keep it quiet u grandads, every generation has had slang words and gang culture, makes me laugh so badly how ppl (especially old ppl) cry about street violence etc. LOL im sorry mr veterans, wat about 70's punks? wat about 60's/70's mods? wat about 60's/70's rockers? wat about skinheads? wat about later on with the donkeys/Shere panjab, pak panthers? there have always been gangs, and talkin of slang, wat about the slang of the 60' 70's? all those hippy phrases, like "radical", "groovy", "jivin" etc. anyone with half a brain knows times change and environments change. Words like "init" started off as a down south uk word, which now even my up north cousins use, stop tryna behave like oxford graduate mugs.

Sp spoke "proper Brummie" the pak panther's English is better than most Pak youth spoken English today.