How Can I Stop Expecting From Guru Sahib

mirror

WJKK WJKF,

I am stucked in tough situation. please help me what should i do.

I know that we should never ask for anything form Guru Sahib and we should stay in Guru Shaib Hukum.

But i am not able to apply that thing. There were few things which i always wanted in my life. I kept praying for long time but that didn't happened. People may say that that was for my good or whatever. but i am feeling very much depressed because i have been praying for that for about 10 years. I did what ever i could have done but that didn't happened.

There were 3 things which were most imporatant in my life of which two have failed.

Now problem is my mind is saying that third one will also fail because of other two have failed. I know that may be my bad karamas that i didn't get what i wanted but even though there are bad karamas stopping me from getting something but Guru sahib can revert those as well. But even 10 eyars of praying didn't do the trick and even those things were not that difficult to get if see my friends/relatives.

Now my mind says that there is no need for praying as id anything is my karma i will get it and if not then even pray can't get that. because that way heart is less broken otherwise if we trust that Guru shaib will do thing for us and in the end result is not in our favor then i feel more broken.

But i am not saying that we should stop doing Nitnem or Gurbani but just that don't expect that Guru sahib will fulfil any particular wish. But deep inside mind says that Guru shaib can do anything, so expectacy again appears.

what should i do???

I know that some people will say that if i don't get thing X then but got thing B then thing B will be good for me. But i want toask one thing that can't Guru sahib make thing X good for me if thats not the case earlier.

Please guide me how should i go in life

Whatever we need in life, we should ask from Guru Sahib. No one else gives in this world. Everyone works in this world as Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj's Hukam. As Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj commands everyone acts. Bhagat Dhanna Jatt Maharaj has advised us how to ask and what to ask for. After Bhagat ji met Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj, he only asked for those things, which he needed to keep living in this world. He did not have desire for those things, but looked at them as tools to progess on the path to Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj.

Gurbani tells us, Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj gives us everything and when we don't receive one thing from Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj, then we forget about what Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj has given us. If we only do paath to get things, then why don't we just go to some baba that has shakti to give us everything we want? Gurbani tells us to develop love for paath because then we are singing our beloveds praises. A wife that is very attached to her husband does not care if her husband can provide her with all the worldly things. All she wants is to see him. When her husband leaves, all day the wife sings his praises to come back to her. She is completely engrossed in her husbands sight. Day and night she works in the husband's house completely listening to every command her husband gives her. Even if the husband brings back a gift for the wife, she still is engrossed in her husband's sight. This wife is above pleasure and pain, only the sight of her husband satisfies her thirst.

Ask yourself for the years you asked for something, were you engrossed in getting the things or were you engrossed in singing your husbands praises and doing as he tells to recieve his darshan?

Guru Sahib can give you anything and everything, whether you ask for it or you don't. He knows best when to give you what and how much, so you can either leave it to Him and surrender or keep asking. But its fully upto Him how soon and how much He decides to grant your wishes. Usually when you've fallen at His feet and quit demanding and surrender totally to His will is when He blesses you, and then you realize it was His test. Bottom line, the one and only thing one should ask for is Naam. Rest everything is useless and temporary, because once you get Naam Daat, everything else follows.

Guru Sahib can give you anything and everything, whether you ask for it or you don't. He knows best when to give you what and how much, so you can either leave it to Him and surrender or keep asking. But its fully upto Him how soon and how much He decides to grant your wishes. Usually when you've fallen at His feet and quit demanding and surrender totally to His will is when He blesses you, and then you realize it was His test. Bottom line, the one and only thing one should ask for is Naam. Rest everything is useless and temporary, because once you get Naam Daat, everything else follows.

Completely! When we hit rock bottom and there is nowhere else to go, then a person has no choice but to turn to God. And what happens? He welcomes us with open arms! He doesn't make us feel guilty for not arriving at His door earlier, or he doesn't lord it over us for spurning earlier chances.

If only we turned to Him when the good times were rolling! :biggrin2:

Again, I'm in complete agreement with Mehtab Singh Ji when he says we should ask for Naam di daat. Ask to recite Gurbani correctly, with a pure heart and mind, without doubt and interruption (in terms of skipping days or thinking to yourself "I'll take a rest from Gurbani today").

But I also do feel for the OP. I'm sure you're quite confused and hurting at the moment. Maybe you could look at yourself and honestly decide whether there's some deficiency on your part despite your obvious dedication to God? I do hope your prayers are answered. I'm sure you're not asking for the standard "big car, big house, hot wife". :biggrin2:

On a general note it's amazing how many of us are experiencing the same problems, emotions and situations. I read posts like these and I'm nodding my head in agreement as if to say "Yep, going through that right now" or "Felt the same way a few months back", etc.

Guest dasguruka

WJKK WJKF,

I am stucked in tough situation. please help me what should i do.

I know that we should never ask for anything form Guru Sahib and we should stay in Guru Shaib Hukum.

But i am not able to apply that thing. There were few things which i always wanted in my life. I kept praying for long time but that didn't happened. People may say that that was for my good or whatever. but i am feeling very much depressed because i have been praying for that for about 10 years. I did what ever i could have done but that didn't happened.

There were 3 things which were most imporatant in my life of which two have failed.

Now problem is my mind is saying that third one will also fail because of other two have failed. I know that may be my bad karamas that i didn't get what i wanted but even though there are bad karamas stopping me from getting something but Guru sahib can revert those as well. But even 10 eyars of praying didn't do the trick and even those things were not that difficult to get if see my friends/relatives.

Now my mind says that there is no need for praying as id anything is my karma i will get it and if not then even pray can't get that. because that way heart is less broken otherwise if we trust that Guru shaib will do thing for us and in the end result is not in our favor then i feel more broken.

But i am not saying that we should stop doing Nitnem or Gurbani but just that don't expect that Guru sahib will fulfil any particular wish. But deep inside mind says that Guru shaib can do anything, so expectacy again appears.

what should i do???

I know that some people will say that if i don't get thing X then but got thing B then thing B will be good for me. But i want toask one thing that can't Guru sahib make thing X good for me if thats not the case earlier.

Please guide me how should i go in life

If you want something then GIVE IT. Im sure you're wondering how can you give it to someone if you yourself do not have it but thats not the way im talking about this. If you were to get whatever you desired you would be happy. Or it would give you some sort of fulfillment. Now in sense of giving it that is im talking about is that feeling. Make someone happy in your life. Go do seva at the Gurudwara. Donate to a charity. Make sure you're taking out dasvandh. But above all its his Hukam. If you're doing Waheguru's work then he will do yours. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

dhanaasaree mehalaa 5 |

Dhanaasaree, Fifth Mehl:

chathur dhisaa keeno bal apanaa sir oopar kar dhaariou |

He has extended His power in all four directions, and placed His hand upon my head.

kirapaa kattaakha avalokan keeno dhaas kaa dhookh bidhaariou |1|

Gazing upon me with his Eye of Mercy, He has dispelled the pains of His slave. ||1||

har jan raakhae gur govindh |

The Guru, the Lord of the Universe, has saved the Lord's humble servant.]

kanth laae avagun sabh maettae dhaeiaal purakh bakhasandh | rehaao |

Hugging me close in His embrace, the merciful, forgiving Lord has erased all my sins. ||Pause||

jo maagehi thaakur apunae thae soee soee dhaevai |

Whatever I ask for from my Lord and Master, he gives that to me.

naanak dhaas mukh thae jo bolai eehaa oohaa sach hovai |2|14|45|