Panv Pyare & Olympic Torch

ks55

WJKK WJKF

Gravesend gurdwara is going to make history by having the olympic torch come to its ground and Gurdwara in the next couple of weeks - 20th july to be exact.

ISSUE IS

PANJ PYARE are going to witness and pay homeage to this torch -- is this manmat - or Gurmat?

is this in line with sikh teachings?

is this what the pnaj pyare were installed by Guru mahraj for?

is this a mockery and beadbi or or teachings and heritage?

please raise your concerns DIRECT and your thoughts on here please...

http://www.gurunanakdarbar.org/contact-us.html

more details:

http://www.gurunanakdarbar.org/images/pdf/olympic%20torch.pdf

I can't see any reference to Panj Pyare being present in the links you have provided. Where did you get this information from?

However, if it is true, I am sure that their intentions were good, but presence of Panj Pyare would be very very wrong. The punj pyare are the roop of Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself. Can you imagine Guru Sahib doing something like this? Guru Sahib is malik of the three worlds, he would not be involved in any such trivial worldly event!

Sure the torch coming outside the Gurdwara Sahib is fine, but there should certainly not be Panj Pyare!

Look at the attitude of Guru Sahib's Sikhs let alone Guru Sahib himself:

(Sant Baba Bishan Singh Ji Muralewale)

Baba ji had such a good lifestyle and had reached a great spiritual state that once on the night of Diwali, a few Gursikhs asked them to come outside and see the candles and lights the sangat had lighten. Baba ji gave them the following reply: "For many years now I haven't looked up to see the ceiling of this room. I haven't seen the moon, the sun or the stars. Why do we need to see these lights of the universe? Let me stay here and see the light of Waheguru in my heart, the lighter of all of these lights."

Its awkard, really? whats next? panj pyares and wimbeledon cup or panj pyares and 20 20 international world cup. People are really becoming creative eh?? we start branding our panj pyares and start selling the concept to public? i just wonder whats next? Anyway, whoever is doing it, what did they say? whats their reasoning?