Having a Guru Granth Sahib in your house.

I bet you half of the gyani don't have a hair wash every morning. When I do get bit older I would like to buy my own house and bring Guru jee in it. I just want to ask the sangat for experience. If you do bring it home do you have to have a nishan sahib outside. Also how many people do you nead to do parkash and sukhasan. Can you just have a tape playing keertan through out the day in mahraj kee's room. Why do you need someone at home everyday when mahraj jee is in your house?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Khalsa mero roop, thanks a lot for asking this question....i was actually thinking of asking it myself...so now i can just read the replies.

but now...i figured out...i would never be able to have Guru Sahib's parkash at my home. (i don't fullfil the requirements)

But then again...i am happy with Gurdwara, so i know there is proper respect. I can carry on with Gutkeh and Pothian. rolleyes.gif

@khalsa mero roop
I bet you half of the gyani don't have a hair wash every morning

oh my god , how do u know that , r u antaryami ,hahahahahaha

btw i know singhs in this forum who take bath twice a day and that too kesi.

Wicked Singhs take hair bath twice a day thats fabulous, who are them singhs? I wish i Could do that but I don't really have mush time. no.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Mr. Singh,

Its not about the principles but about respect for Guruji, instead of bringing a saroop of Guru Granth Sahib ji home, why don't you get sanchis, or gutke with english translations, bringing SGGS's saroop home is out of respect, and shardha, and I think only singhs/singhnia with high avastha should do this, who can follow the proper protocols.

If you truly regard Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, the king of kings, your only support to lead you to the almighty, then SGGS should be given utmost respect, first of all taking amrit is a secondary protocol of keeping SGGS, I think one needs to learn more about amrit, and what it means, and why was there ever a need for it.

If you say, you can have proper satkaar, follow all the protocols, etc. etc. Then you don't need to follow the hukam of Guru Gobind Singh ji? Why do you think he made amrit, is it "too deep" for some of us, or are we simply blind to the entire message? He made the Khalsa for a reason, if we already knew about the entire philosophy of how to keep proper satkaar, etc. etc. from Guru Nanak Dev ji, then why was there ever a need to pick up shasters?

Bhul chuk muaf.

I think only singhs/singhnia with high avastha should do this, who can follow the proper protocols.

you are wrong ,

u just mentioned guru saheb as king of kings, thats right.

so king can only come to your house as guest for few days (i.e. Akhand paath).

As i mentioned king has his own palace (gurdwara).

so if u can build huge gurdwara , with granthis , keertanias , sevadars, as kings staff,

where every day morning and evening sangat comes for guru saheb's darshan, then u can bring guru saheb at home.