why sikhism isn't for me....yet?

curioustoknow

Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Guru Gobind Singh Ji as n30singh beautifully put are the divine nirgun Avtars of Waheguru.

Nirgun or Sargun ?

I know his accent is British so it's hard to understand for us Americans lol, but it's worth trying to listen to.

You're in trouble now.

120th day? How did you come up with that figure? Is it in dharma?

Gurbani is not fact book so it does not have that kind of information about 120th day soul entering the womb. According to indic knowledge, they say its around 120th day..We don't have to accept this figure as the post in question is regarding sri guru nanak dev ji taking avtar.

Couldn't it be that Guru Nanak was born, but then freed himself? That's what the whole meditating by the river thing was about. Self-liberation.

That deliverance of mool mantra in the river from vahiguroo was maharaj leela- play an act showing importance of nirgun vahiguroo and importance of shabad guru in form of mantra....!!!!

Gurbani is not fact book so it does not have that kind of information about 120th day soul entering the womb. According to indic knowledge, they say its around 120th day..We don't have to accept this figure as the post in question is regarding sri guru nanak dev ji taking avtar.

That deliverance of mool mantra in the river from vahiguroo was maharaj leela- play an act showing importance of nirgun vahiguroo and importance of shabad guru in form of mantra....!!!!

You dodged the question man. You made up the 120 day thing. It is not a Sikh teaching. Stick to gurmat. If it had nothing to do "her" question, then why mention it?

Guru Nanak meditated by the river to attain self-enlightenment. I'm not sure is your reply is applicable to what I am saying. Forget semantics and just say what you mean.

I'm sorry I didn't understand this

And who says that the laws of nature are so strict? You know science can prove how Egypt suffered during Moses `time, and they say they can explain away everything through nature, but the miracle was the God had planned for those months so far in advance that he used the laws of nature to complete his will...

Just an interesting point, except for the bible there is no evidence at all to suggest Jews were ever in Egypt

You dodged the question man. You made up the 120 day thing. It is not a Sikh teaching. Stick to gurmat. If it had nothing to do "her" question, then why mention it?

I didn't dodge anything dude. Reincarnation is a indic concept does that make anti sikh teaching now? Gurmat does not reject things just because its indic concept. It would be different thing if gurbani talks it when soul enters the body but gurbani does not talk about it nor it rejects the idea of 120th day. The 120th days are somewhat accurate is not because its some ancient concept but soley on merit - these things are confirmed by famous saints in Sikhism.

Guru Nanak meditated by the river to attain self-enlightenment. I'm not sure is your reply is applicable to what I am saying. Forget semantics and just say what you mean.

You are looking at sikh dharam by wearing protestant christian lens rather than traditional indic lens. Satguru nanak dev maharaj didn't "attain" enlightened, they were avtars and they were already enlightened. You should read divine miraculous sakhiya around guru nanak dev ji birth and before satguru maharaj ji went to the river.