why sikhism isn't for me....yet?

curioustoknow

There are many planes of life and understanding, once you reach a certain level of understand you may be able to cross over into another dimension where there are inhabitants that reside now, our simple human understanding of life cannot take us to the next"level" that is why we must meditate and come to a greater understanding. We achieve such goals by surpassing or fulfilling life s needs and desires, this is how a monk can life for years without food while the average human being can only survive a few months human addiction is one thing that holds us back from moving on to higher levels and somehow we have to be able to overcome this. Human addiction is simply this...when we are young and going through puberty, the one thing on our mind is pleasing the opposite sex, then once we get through that stage, we want to please our mate, or our friends, or our family...life can be one long string of who to please next. We have to break that string and I have heard said that this is the hardest and ultimate trial before we are able to move to the next plane...I have never witnessed it but I have heard of people disappearing completely because I've you move on to the next dimension you are no longer physically visible. You can see those around you clearly, but its like looking at a piece of paper you can see a wide range however those still on the paper can only see what is around them.

Sorry for my ramble, but this us actually in line with some if the cherokee teachings.there is actually a place where shamans can go to to meditate and actually disappear through solid rock. Like I said,I have never personally witnessed this, but it is a known belief and a progressing science...right now scientists have theorized the existence of 11 different dimensions but are not sure how to travel between them...ironically native Americans have been doing it for thousands of years

Oh and please try not to talk bad about other religions, everyone had a purpose and if everything happens according to Gods will then you are mocking and criticizing God...you can't tell me that most of the inhabitants of the world believe in this story and there's no truth in it, and btw check your story...eve was a gift from God to Adam, he didn't"mess up"and have to create another

Sikhism just doesn't go deep enough for me. I am a total believer in interdimensional beings. Believe that we do share our existence with many other creatures. Which, so far have not been explained to me yet by any sikhs except that they don't believe that. And no matter the reasoning I have given they continue to refuse to believe. As far as I can tell, sikhism doesn't pre date Guru Nanaak. As great a person as he was,I think there had got to be some misconception that just because he didn't talk about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Islam goes back to the creation of the universe and integrates with Jewish and pre Jewish prophets and teachings.

In my opinion the gurus came to expand on the messages previously revealed.and maybe that could be one reason why there is no historical insight in sikhism. I believe that most religions stemmed from the same origins yet were changed by man as time went on. Hinduism, Buddhism, Mayans, cherokee, and loss of other ancient cultures came from one understanding. I feel deeply connected to many people and many faiths, but not modern renditions if those faiths.

Several Muslims like to believe that Islam existed as soon as Adam was created and that Hazrat Muhammad completed it after 124,000 messengers. Gurbani clearly answers all these issues you've brought up. How the world was created, the fact that God is eternal, without birth or death, above the clutches of time and space, etc. everything is detailed. Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj also explains how all those who came to teach the path to God ended up getting themselves worshiped. So the logic that Sikhi wasn't there before Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj doesn't even hold any value, because all that existed prior to that was anyways not what God had commanded His messengers to teach the world. You seriously need to do a deep and indepth study of Sikhi before making claims that Sikhi doesn't teach anything new. A mere translation of Gurbani reflects the kind of revolution that Gurbani sparked back in the day when Gurbani was uttered/recited. All the followers of the existing faiths and creeds of those days were exposed to the hollowness of their beliefs at the risk of death for those who spoke the truth. The point where the knowledge of all faiths ends is where the knowledge of Sikhi begins. Problem is when people hold on to just that one minor point and start claiming "Oh its all the same" rather than proceeding further to discover what priceless gems are there in Gurbani.
I speak or a lot against hatred and racism and I really try to inform people of brotherly love but to be honest some of the sikh ideals, like a requirement to fight...I am so not a fighter and I would stand up for anyone, but when it comes to fighting physically,I am a wuss...sorry I know it seems so menial, but that scares me...
A Sikh is supposed to be a saint soldier, notice how being a saint comes before being a soldier. Since you feel you cannot fight, I am afraid that is just a personal aspect of yours and the pristine ideals of Gurmat cannot be compromised or held accountable just because you choose not to be prepared. As a side note, I would want to suggest you learn some sort of martial art to prepare yourself, no matter what religion you profess.
There are many planes of life and understanding, once you reach a certain level of understand you may be able to cross over into another dimension where there are inhabitants that reside
Numerous Sikh saints have reached levels higher than this.
this is how a monk can life for years without food while the average human being can only survive a few months
Several Sikh saints as well as warriors have stayed hungry for days and have meditated or fought pitched battles.
there is actually a place where shamans can go to to meditate and actually disappear through solid rock.
This is not at all a matter of surprise for devout practising GurSikhs.

Please read, research, study and analyse extensively on Sikh philosophy and history before asking questions.

By the way, have you asked your "Sikh" "friend" yet why he won't marry you?

Mehtab Singh Ji basically u took what I was about to say and made it better. Curious to know, I can easily read a few books on Islam do some research and go on an Islamic forum and state that Islam just isn't going deep enough for me. Really easily. But what is my research based on? A certain period of time which I devoted to it. To find out about a philosophy u have to extensively dedicate ur life to it, maybe all of it. Again ur argument on fighting, if u r a "wuss" thats ur problem. Fighting is not all violent. Again a Sikhs point in life is to become one with God, with no distinction remaining, what u mention about dimensions etc. pales in comparision with that.

Your views on historical insight seem to carry criticism directed towards Sikhi as to why it does not believe in the Abrahamic theory of creation. According to our Gurus we are not the first to inherit this earth and nor was it created in six days. We are a result of gradual changes in the environment etc. This was all done in accordance with the almighty's will. Yet again do the Abrahamic faiths mention dinosaurs, trilobites etc? Do they mention the process extensively through which the earth was created, other than the often repeated "And God said let there be light..."?

Oh and please try not to talk bad about other religions, everyone had a purpose and if everything happens according to Gods will then you are mocking and criticizing God...you can't tell me that most of the inhabitants of the world believe in this story and there's no truth in it, and btw check your story...eve was a gift from God to Adam, he didn't"mess up"and have to create another

You can believe in whatever story you please. But one thing you can't do is force your story on others. If you read Sikh history, the Mughal emporer has for countless years oppressed many to follow Islam. People of the book are not ready to accept people of other religions as equal human beings. I a Sikh am referred as a kafir, non-believer of Allah by the Koran. Who created others like atheist and agnostics and Sikhs, surely not Allah, since kafirs are not accepted by the Koran. We must have been created by the devil. But who created the devil? When an individual doesn't have the knowledge to understand a topic and they are insecure about others finding out they might be seen as not holy without a explanation. Then they come up with some theory out of the blue and condemn those who don't follow their story. Allah didn't create no evil as the Muslims say, well for Muslims Sikhs are evil because we were/are the block in their way to make the whole world Muslim. If Muslims have truly submitted to Allah, then Allah will do your work, why use oppression to convert others into Islam? All humans physical body is dust and comes from the one dust, yet people of the book are pure and Sikhs are impure?