why sikhism isn't for me....yet?

curioustoknow

You've heard of the word avatar? It comes from the word Avtaar.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Guru Gobind Singh Ji as n30singh beautifully put are the divine nirgun Avtars of Waheguru. For Sikhs who have reached high states of bhagti, they get union with Waheguru and get God-like traits. That does not mean they are Waheguru.

It's similar to say it's a GurSikh (a drop) has dropped back into the ocean.

Again, i'm going to post this here as I know you did not listen to it all. It answers all your questions and mentioned Mohammad Ji and Jesus Ji and the various questions you asked. (Ji is the word for respect in Punjabi)

Question for the person who said Guru Nanaak wasn't born, I am not so sure I follow, he had a mother a father, and a sister, or are you referencing to when he came up out of the river enlightened? Or how about just explain to me what you mean please

We consider born as when moment of soul infusing itself in baby's womb- as normally soul infuse itself in the baby in mother's womb around 120th day onwards (thats rough estimate).

So what we mean when we say- sri guru nanak dev wasn't born is- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Supreme Avtar Soul- didn't infuse itself in the womb as that would indicate cycle of life and death whereas avtar is above from birth or death, they appear and disappear according to need/divine will of God. Birth of avatar occurs in the most divine serene profound way as avtars are most sublime royal physical embodiment of God..!!!!!!!!!

We consider born- moment of soul infusing itself in baby's womb- as normally soul infusing itself in the baby in mother's womb around 120th day onwards (thats rough estimate).

So what we mean when we say- sri guru nanak dev wasn't born is- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Supreme Avtar Soul- didn't infuse itself in the womb as that would indicate cycle of life and death whereas avtar is above from birth or death, they appear and disappear according to need/divine will of God. Birth of avatar occurs in the most divine serene profound way as avtars are most sublime royal physical embodiment of God..!!!!!!!!!

120th day? How did you come up with that figure? Is it in dharma?

Guru Nanak was a mortal, like all other prophets and all other people. This doesn't diminish his greatness. He was a very enlightened mind.

Couldn't it be that Guru Nanak was born, but then freed himself? That's what the whole meditating by the river thing was about. Self-liberation.

As for miracles, I don't think any man that has walked this earth had God-like powers.

You cannot speak of God's will, then go on to describe things that go against all laws of nature and physics. You are describing things that defy God's will. They cannot take place.

The Mughal emperor asked Guru Gobind Singh what his miracle was, and Guru Sahib said it was the Khalsa.

As for miracles, I don't think any man that has walked this earth had God-like powers.

You cannot speak of God's will, then go on to describe things that go against all laws of nature and physics. You are describing things that defy God's will. They cannot take place.

The Mughal emperor asked Guru Gobind Singh what his miracle was, and Guru Sahib said it was the Khalsa.

Devoid of Kam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh Ahankaar is Gold-like traits. Devoid or absolute control of all your senses that your whole body does Simran of Waheguru.

Ridhi Sidhi is avaiable to a GurSikh who has done bhagti, but does not use it as it is not needed and diverts the path and can make someone tread on the dark side.

Devoid of Kam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh Ahankaar is Gold-like traits. Devoid or absolute control of all your senses that your whole body does Simran of Waheguru.

Ridhi Sidhi is avaiable to a GurSikh who has done bhagti, but does not use it as it is not needed and diverts the path and can make someone tread on the dark side.

I'm sorry I didn't understand this

And who says that the laws of nature are so strict? You know science can prove how Egypt suffered during Moses `time, and they say they can explain away everything through nature, but the miracle was the God had planned for those months so far in advance that he used the laws of nature to complete his will...

There its nothing magical about miracles except for the circumstance which shows the greatness of God because we could not imagine planning anything out as elaborately as he doors. And since he is timeless, there its limit!

Imagine if we could travel in time, we could change and manipulate the world to bend to our will...this is only one avenue God uses to carry out his will

Same thing with Guru Nanaak, was it not written before the occurrence that Guru Nanaak was to stop the rock? Maybe events leading up to that very incident had been in play long before Guru Nanaak even existed...the rock was destined to stop there, but the miracle is that he KNEW that! And no one knows the future except through the grace of God

I'm sorry I didn't understand this

And who says that the laws of nature are so strict? You know science can prove how Egypt suffered during Moses `time, and they say they can explain away everything through nature, but the miracle was the God had planned for those months so far in advance that he used the laws of nature to complete his will...

There its nothing magical about miracles except for the circumstance which shows the greatness of God because we could not imagine planning anything out as elaborately as he doors. And since he is timeless, there its limit!

Imagine if we could travel in time, we could change and manipulate the world to bend to our will...this is only one avenue God uses to carry out his will

Same thing with Guru Nanaak, was it not written before the occurrence that Guru Nanaak was to stop the rock? Maybe events leading up to that very incident had been in play long before Guru Nanaak even existed...the rock was destined to stop there, but the miracle is that he KNEW that! And no one knows the future except through the grace of God

God is infinite, omnipotent and without shape and does not have human characteristics. To say that God created man in his own image is limiting God. Sikhs believe through love, devotion and singing the praises of the Divine Nature of Waheguru and becoming Gurmukhs (meditation of God's name - Simran) you are able to cleanse the mind of these five evils:

Kaam = Lust

Krodh = Anger

Lobh = Greed

Moh = Attachment

Ahankaar = Ego

These are the things keeping us from being Enlightened and infitely bliss and realizing Waheguru. Simply becoming a Muslim or calling yourself a Sikh isn't enough.

Truth is Universal and Waheguru isn't bound by Earth, Solar System, Galaxy or any corner of the Universe or anywhere within the infinite nature of time.

Religious dogma has destroyed religion and has blinded many people which is why science laughs at people in religion. I used to be an agnostic semi-atheist, but began to rediscover true Sikhi. No one is born a Sikh, one must live as a Sikh because it's an actual lifestyle.

The path of a Sikh is "Khandeyo tikki, valloun nikki" Sharper than the edge of a double bladed sword and smaller than a strand of hair.

Again, I urge you to listen to the hour long video. All your answers are answered there.

God is infinite, omnipotent and without shape and does not have human characteristics. To say that God created man in his own image is limiting God. Sikhs believe through love, devotion and singing the praises of the Divine Nature of Waheguru and becoming Gurmukhs (meditation of God's name - Simran) you are able to cleanse the mind of these five evils:

Kaam = Lust

Krodh = Anger

Lobh = Greed

Moh = Attachment

Ahankaar = Ego

These are the things keeping us from being Enlightened and infitely bliss and realizing Waheguru. Simply becoming a Muslim or calling yourself a Sikh isn't enough.

Truth is Universal and Waheguru isn't bound by Earth, Solar System, Galaxy or any corner of the Universe or anywhere within the infinite nature of time.

Religious dogma has destroyed religion and has blinded many people which is why science laughs at people in religion. I used to be an agnostic semi-atheist, but began to rediscover true Sikhi. No one is born a Sikh, one must live as a Sikh because it's an actual lifestyle.

The path of a Sikh is "Khandeyo tikki, valloun nikki" Sharper than the edge of a double bladed sword and smaller than a strand of hair.

Again, I urge you to listen to the hour long video. All your answers are answered there.

I tried listen to the video but there is much echo I can't understand it...is there something similar to see?

Maybe Sangat can share, but there is a video channel that mentions the basics of Sikhi, but doesn't go into depth. It's more for educating people what Sikhi is in English.

http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

If you can get some headphones and higher to volume to listen to the other two videos I posted and try to understand, that would be the best as the Singh was what Sikhs call a Mahapursh or Great Human being - Saint. He has done Akaal Chalaana (merging back into Akaal - [the infinite timeless one]).

I know his accent is British so it's hard to understand for us Americans lol, but it's worth trying to listen to.