Sign in to follow this  
Simran9

What is this Teeyan da Mela all about?

who here has been to a 'teeyan da mela" before?

I wanna know what that is about. Seems to be some cultural thing with no religious connection, but then again I know absolutely NOTHING about it.

tell me, plz.

thanx

^_^

This is what the famous Muslim poet Babu Razab Ali wrote about this degrading festival of women:

Naach Karvonde Si Blaa Ke Dheaa Je, Sogh Payge Arsh Me,

Oodo deaa lageaa lagan teea ji, Bharat barsh me.

Utam Kull Di Karn Bachatree, Marte Malesh Ji

Hind Te Dharam Di Khalri Chatar, Pitaa Ji Dashmesh Ne.

To give a brief translation, Baba Razab Ali writes that this celebration started when Muslims used to pick up the good looking Indian women and make them dance infront of people.

It must be very disgraceful for women to dance at such places, but now them, especially the Punjabans take great pride in celebrating these things. Guru Sahib clears tells us that indulging in things like dancing is total manmat: nach nach hasse chale se roe..

And then the poet tells us that these things were finally put to stop when Pitaa Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji took a stand against the evil Muslim rulers. But we have again started doing these things again.

damnn!

I can not believe that women would celebrate their own degradation like that!

I think they juz go there to dance and have fun without knowing the history behind the festival. so stupid! good thing my family doesn't bother with those dumb festivals :lol:

thanx jio

^_^

This is what the famous Muslim poet Babu Razab Ali wrote about this degrading festival of women:

Naach Karvonde Si Blaa Ke Dheaa Je, Sogh Payge Arsh Me,

Oodo deaa lageaa lagan teea ji, Bharat barsh me.

Utam Kull Di Karn Bachatree, Marte Malesh Ji

Hind Te Dharam Di Khalri Chatar, Pitaa Ji Dashmesh Ne.

To give a brief translation, Baba Razab Ali writes that this celebration started when Muslims used to pick up the good looking Indian women and make them dance infront of people.

It must be very disgraceful for women to dance at such places, but now them, especially the Punjabans take great pride in celebrating these things. Guru Sahib clears tells us that indulging in things like dancing is total manmat: nach nach hasse chale se roe..

And then the poet tells us that these things were finally put to stop when Pitaa Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji took a stand against the evil Muslim rulers. But we have again started doing these things again.

a link to the source please?

savan chariya "Teeiyan" aiya

pippla de nall peenga paiya

kathiya ho nanda parjaiya

ni ek duje nu kendi

ni ajja pabhi, path kar lai

umar beet di jandi

^ the above song has been sikhified. blush.gif

I am not sure if this kavita is avialable online or not but you can look it up in Babu Razab Ali's 'Chonvee Kavita'. This is the title of the poem and it became really famous when he wrote it. It was basically explanning the brief history of India.

thanks, the reason i asked, is that i don't think the celebration of teeaaan has nething to do with the poem you posted, but i will try to find it to get more info.

Not sure how you could think that way when the word teeaa is clearly mentioned in the kavita.

i don't see how the poem you posted could be related to the teeaan in punjab. I mean if something so gravely dishonorable was being done and the people just don't know about it so out of their ignorence they perform such acts with joy. i didn't say you were wrong veer, i just have a hard time believing that its the same thing...thas why i said i will get more info on it. :TH: