rouge group dal ''khalsa'' (nothing close to khalsa)

ladli-fauj

No Dal Khalsa isnt a rogue group lol my assessment of it is its a Sikh nationalist political group and has more interest in azaadi for Sikhs than scholarly religious affairs topics appart from fighting RSS and other hindu extremist groups attempts to "hindunize" Sikhs. As johnny has said Dal Khalsa's scope, mission and remit is more political than religious so really shouldn't get involved in these scholarly religious sensitive issues. Having said that how pathetic it is to see taksali and other similar jatha type Sikhs who cant let other scholars with different points of views have their say without resorting to threats of violence, protests or intimidation. How the hell are we going to solve the controversies regarding dasam granth bani if people are not allowed to have their say? I see islamic sectarian fundamentalists having more tolerance and intellectual debates more than I do of our Sikh sects and jatha's.

These debates will have to take place sooner or later and sgpc drawn up rehit maryada along with everything else will be examined in detail and questioned and people who dont like it without getting all emotional and neanderthal can either accept it or go behind bars as in any civilised society you have to be able to tolerate people questioning your beliefs and you being able to respond in a calm rational way.

No Dal Khalsa isnt a rogue group lol my assessment of it is its a Sikh nationalist political group and has more interest in azaadi for Sikhs than scholarly religious affairs topics appart from fighting RSS and other hindu extremist groups attempts to "hindunize" Sikhs. As johnny has said Dal Khalsa's scope, mission and remit is more political than religious so really shouldn't get involved in these scholarly religious sensitive issues. Having said that how pathetic it is to see taksali and other similar jatha type Sikhs who cant let other scholars with different points of views have their say without resorting to threats of violence, protests or intimidation. How the hell are we going to solve the controversies regarding dasam granth bani if people are not allowed to have their say? I see islamic sectarian fundamentalists having more tolerance and intellectual debates more than I do of our Sikh sects and jatha's.

These debates will have to take place sooner or later and sgpc drawn up rehit maryada along with everything else will be examined in detail and questioned and people who dont like it without getting all emotional and neanderthal can either accept it or go behind bars as in any civilised society you have to be able to tolerate people questioning your beliefs and you being able to respond in a calm rational way.

I agree..what exactly is the point of not discussing topics openly..and only discussing them behind closed doors ? What is their to hide let everyone get their viewpoint across.. If certain jathebandis dont like it...then tough it has to accepted that people will have different viewpoints and the viewpoints of a particular jathebandi may not be accpeted by others it may not even be correct..

It is a fact that dal khalsa was formed at the residence of congress chief minister Giani zail singh. The strategy was to

sideline akalis and act agents of congress.

Dasam Granth is not a controversial issue at all. All sikhs consider it as a sacred scripture of Guru Gobind singh ji.It has

been analysed by a committe in 1897 and accepted in totality. Only a handful people who have not even seen it

propagate against it.Likes of darshan ragi who sang its bani all his life turned against it in his old age at behest of elements

inimical to sikhs.

If dal khalsa has no clue of sikh religion and its traditions they should stop meddling in its affairs. These people have paper

presence only.

As some of you have pointed out, the Dal Khalsa was created by the congress but I don't think they are any longer part of the congress. The congress created and encouraged them as a counter balance to the Akalis. They were mostly remnents of former Naxalites of Punjab which explains why they are so faithless and communistic in their beliefs. As mentioned earlier they need to stick to their political theories and stop putting their nose in religiuos affairs.