~~ Individual cultish perception and the khalsa panth ~~

N30S1NGH

Btw N30S1NGH bro I reread my post about ithihaas and in the parenthesis() I didn't mean you by any stretch lol. I'm referring directly to the modern day "nirmales" who are doing this. Old school real Nirmale and the real modern Nirmale who follow Khalsa lifestyle don't do such things and I know you don't either, it's good we're debating about this.

Jots I don't know whether it's wrong or not to be honest, my inside says it's wrong along with explanation by Sant Ji that I remember someone posted a while back. Keeping paani while doing path/simran/bhagti or food is there because the energy from doing that while it's present goes into the food.

The coconuts isn't really a ritual because when Dasam Bani is read so much Bir Rass flows through the Singhs that they have to let it out and to channel that energy they cut open a coconut every chand.

Lighting jot and coconut is part of taksali maryada it's written in gurbani patt darpan as I said I am more aligned with gyan layer of sikhi which is updesh of sri guru gobind singh ji in akaal ustat.. I am also in support of bhai vir singh ji who criticised nihang shastar poja as it was getting too much.. The reason i put physical hom as sargun ritual because event havan performed by puratan singhs is debatable among historians and sri sarbloh granth mentioning havan open to sargun and nirgun interpertation.. again nothing to do with my views.. I did mention because so every one is well aware of all aspects.

Lighting jot and coconut is part of taksali maryada it's written in gurbani patt darpan as I said I am more aligned with gyan layer of sikhi which is updesh of sri guru gobind singh ji in akaal ustat.. I am also in support of bhai vir singh ji who criticised nihang shastar poja as it was getting too much.. The reason i put physical hom as sargun ritual because havan performed by puratan singhs is debatable among historians again nothing to do with my views.. I did mention because so every one is well aware of all aspects.

Nothing but respect for that.

Am I wrong though, because i don't remember where it was written? I could have sworn Sant Ji wrote in very simple and clear-cut Punjabi that lighting a jot goes against Guru Sahib's hukam and that Gurbani does khandan of such rituals.

Nothing but respect for that.

Am I wrong though, because i don't remember where it was written? I could have sworn Sant Ji wrote in very simple and clear-cut Punjabi that lighting a jot goes against Guru Sahib's hukam and that Gurbani does khandan of such rituals.

Not sure..However, i found something from SA which i have not verified yet as i don't have access to my library at the moment....can someone who has access to gurmukh parkash can look into this further?

Having joats, nareeals, flour during patt (Pg. 108, 381 of Gurmukh parkash)

Not sure..However, i found something from SA which i have not verified yet as i don't have access to my library at the moment....can someone who has access to gurmukh parkash can look into this further?

I don't think it's Gurmukh Parkash. I remember it was directly written by Sant Ji. Either you or Only Five paji posted it.

This is so funny it's like we all know each other even though none of us have actually met lol. I bet if we all met in person we would be the same.

I don't think it's Gurmukh Parkash. I remember it was directly written by Sant Ji. Either you or Only Five paji posted it.

This is so funny it's like we all know each other even though none of us have actually met lol. I bet if we all met in person we would be the same.

Here is the link for original un edited version of gurmukh parkash- http://mahapurakh.com/sant-sundar-singh its all scanned..will go through if i can get some time tom.

The diva was probably there due to a lack of electricity and lighting in the past, it's a modern invention. The water probably because indoor plumbing is a new thing aswell, as is the motor vehicle which helps in transporting water in bottles. Perhaps after long prayers for a good time a good drink of water with a slice of coconut helps regain nutrients. What can you do blind rituals enter, but the bigger problem is when people start charging for these services and products it goes cultish over the top. Maybe one day we will have to start buying prasad as they do so in some mandirs already.

The diva was probably there due to a lack of electricity and lighting in the past, it's a modern invention. The water probably because indoor plumbing is a new thing aswell, as is the motor vehicle which helps in transporting water in bottles. Perhaps after long prayers for a good time a good drink of water with a slice of coconut helps regain nutrients. What can you do blind rituals enter, but the bigger problem is when people start charging for these services and products it goes cultish over the top. Maybe one day we will have to start buying prasad as they do so in some mandirs already.

So why still keep Chaur Sahib di seva?

So why still keep Chaur Sahib di seva?

Chaur sahib is a fly whisk it was a culture throughout the world to get rid of flies off a monarch. In india there are loads of flies, it keeps them away from landing on the saroop. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly-whisk

Maybe we could install electric fly killers across gurdwaras don't know how people feel about actually killing the fly as opposed to disturbing their fly patterns, we already kill rats and mice in gurdwaras as it is.

In the nanak prakash earlier on in the suraj prakash granth it says the pandit who came to visit guru nanak saw the symbol of a fly whisk on one of his palms and a tambo on the other.