Shere Punjab vs Panthers - 1988 video

Mehtab Singh

Nothing has changed except for a little more awareness.

I was on the scene during that time and all I can say is that there were numbers and numbers of cases of pakistani men raping sikh girls, and nearly all of these went unreported or chased up due to the simple fact of shame.

A classic eg. would be a sikh girl that has sneaked out to the park or somewhere else with her friends during the day when she should be at college.

She then gets raped by the pakistanis in a place where she should not have been in the first place.

Too much explaining for her parents to understand, never mind going to the police.

This just gets brushed under the carpet and forgotten about.!!

Some of the good guys from shere punjab even started to make sure that a gurdwara langar was on during college lunch times, so that girls and youth would not need to go to take-aways and food courts where these pakistanis would be waiting and hanging about to 'check ou't the girls!

This was only possible where gurdwaras were in the nearby vicinity.

Popular example was warley/sandwell college students going to smethwick gurdwara for lunch, instead of back Cape hill hight streets...etc..

I can ssume that these cases of classic rape have declined, since girls are much more likely to approach the authorities.

But then we have these cases of grooming which are on the rise and instigated by the same groups of pakistanis.

Theres one question that this biased programme didnt ask, "how would the muslims feel if Sikh boys were doing this to Muslim girls"

Sikhs wouldn't because we're taught to look upon even our enemy's sister/daughter as our own sister/daughter. Muslim girls are either too scared to have a relationship before marriage or they would prefer a Muslim to have such relationships with as they may not like Sikhs thanks to Bollywood culture. Its shameful to see Sikh girls openly saying that no one can stop them if they want to date Muslims. Lets admit it, the problem is at the grass roots level. The parents are the ones who need to inculcate these values in their kids at an early age. Muslims do it without fail, Sikhs have, very sorry to say, failed to do it in many cases.

The Muslims in the video pretend to be so innocent. And look at the Sikh girls shamelessly saying how they want to go out with Muslims and Sikhs have no right to tell them not to. And 25 years later some things still have not changed.

That is exactly why secular upbringing of our youth is so wrong. Sikh children need to grow up knowing and understanding their religion and doing paath etc. That is the only way to save our future generations in the west or else secularism will eventually dilute and finish our future. A street gang like shere punjab can only go so far. Until we change the mindset of our girls(and boys) from childhood the next 25 years will pass off with further weakening of our people.

It's not even a secular upbringing, as there's non-Sikhs who aren't raised in a religious environment who don't do some of the stuff our lot do (and that goes for males as well as females. I'm not knocking our sisters!). These problems occur because there's a complete void of anything spiritual in such houses where the children go awry.

You know what I find sinister, and something I've recently heard from Hindus and Muslims? Sikhs being shamed into NOT telling their young about what happened to us in India at the times of the Gurus, i.e. the Islamic "problem". Sikhs are being guilted into not telling their kids how things were back then as some folk think it fills our kid's heads with prejudice about Muslims. Absolute nonsense. Obviously there's a fine line, I mean you don't tell your kids that Muslims are evil and should be avoided at all costs, but there's nothing wrong with informing the younger generations about our past and the causes behind our bloodied and tragic history.