Need correct translation of Shabad.

Singh559

I wouldn't go as far to say that one teeka is the best !!

We should respect both these scholars!

I only like to criticise, if I knew I could do better, but sadly I am nowhere near to the work they have both contributed.

Yes, many do claim that Faridkot wala's can be biased and more inclined towards stories and references from vedas..etc...

But for us common people, it is worthwhile to use both and then make our personal conclusion,

IMHO...

Talking about the individuals criticizing faridkot teeka.

Prof. Sahib Sing, Sardar Kahn Singh Nabha they are not individuals my dear they r institution which gave the true meaning of sikhism to sikhs and that too nishkaam(Selfless).

I wouldn't go as far to say that one teeka is the best !!

We should respect both these scholars!

I only like to criticise, if I knew I could do better, but sadly I am nowhere near to the work they have both contributed.

Yes, many do claim that Faridkot wala's can be biased and more inclined towards stories and references from vedas..etc...

But for us common people, it is worthwhile to use both and then make our personal conclusion,

IMHO...

I am not judging it by myself but scholars agree on this issue.

I am not judging it by myself but scholars agree on this issue.

You are suggesting it is a majority when that is certainly not the case. Recently Sant Hari Singhji Randhawa wale talked about family having Bhai Mani Singh ji's teekas from when Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj did katha at Sri Damdama Sahib. He said they resembled closely to faridkote teeka. I will just leave it that, to each there own.

Waheguru.

There is nothing wrong with using teekas (be it faridkot teeka, sato gali wala teka or prof sahib sing teeka among others etc) to help us understand gurbani but the real profound experience of gurbani comes from nirgun paratma via one own's spiritual growth in stages...defining agami gurbani exactly in its pure original total form is like defining Nirgun all prevading Vahiguroo which our own guru sahiban didn't put any defining limit or end to it !!..

Agami Gurbani speaks to every human consciousness at different stage or avastha. Hence rightly so, no sampardaie (faridkot teeka) nor regular teekas among others, claim that their arths of gurbani are sampooran(complete). Claiming to have full interpretation of agami gurbani is like individual claiming that they have found end of nirgun chaitan bhram Vahiguroo..!!..All though bhramgyani interpretation of gurbani is pretty much gives you tat gyan of gurbani but they themselves don't claim- this is it as their own consciousness is experiencing Agami Gurbani in its own unique and diverse way as there are many endless aspects (eg-sargun nirgun) of Vahiguroo.!!

It's usually people who idiolizes one teek over another misses the big picture or plot and confine themselves to their mahapursh or bhramgyani interpretation/their favourite teeka of gurbani which is also somewhat an road block in one's spiritual growth, the real message of bhramgyani to an student is to focus on message or work towards your own spirituality to actually experience gurbani yourself. No bhramgyani or sampardaaie teekakar will claim, follow my teeka. They have made attempts to present agami gurbani in most profound manner but at the end, all their work- teeka, interpretation etc along with themselves looses themselves in Agami Gurbani..!!

However with that being said, here is Gurmat traditional approach when it comes to translating or interpertating gurbani:

Gurmat traditional approach: This approach lays three basic framework in interpretating gurbani to under gurbani depth/ensure translating accuracy- a) uthanka-historical contex of shabad- sankalap(thought) behind guru sahib reciting an respective shabad b) bhav arth- provided outer layer of shabad where some level of vikayaran is used c) antriv arth- inner layer of shabad which could be interpretating both from sargun and nirgun aspect of Vahiguroo. Hence you will find multiple meanings of same shabad. This is no way to be seen as contradictory quite the opposite rather because gurbani connects to our human consciousness which all have different perceptions and sitting on different stages.

At the end, one must come to terms and all bhramgyanis/samparda's teekakars naturally have a understanding, that its not about defining gurbani so much so in teeka or steek form but rather loosing your self in agami Gurbani and becoming part of ~~ IK ONGKAR ~~..!!!!!!!!!