Bhagat Kabeer's shabad

Can you point to which words in Gurmukhi are saying that Bhagat ji is bringing a new pot and where Bhagat ji discards it?

It talks about a kori gagar and not it's contents.

Seems to be that just the gaggar is acquired and this process is repeated every morning

Nit uth= getting up continuously...again and again...etc..

The question posed was does he discard it,only to come back with a new one the next day ??

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Very Beautiful Veechar Gurmukho. I am learning a lot from your discussion. It's amazing how little Gurmat Veechar we do even when we have the ability to communicate with international Sangat throught direct communication such as forums.

Please share any shabad which you like people should have a vichaar on it. Its learning platform and so we develop a habit of doing shabad veechar.

It talks about a kori gagar and not it's contents.

Seems to be that just the gaggar is acquired and this process is repeated every morning

Nit uth= getting up continuously...again and again...etc..

The question posed was does he discard it,only to come back with a new one the next day ??

Do you understand the question I asked you?

Yes, i can see the point you are making with reference to my mention of Prf Sahib saying about the different pots coming home everyday.

But you should understand the answer I gave, which was that the shabad refers to the pot and not it's contents of water. Otherwise you would say that fresh water is bought every morning in the karrah.

This is what I gather after read-think-read-think-read.....repeating

However, you may see it and think slightly differently to another 3rd person, and they may in turn go slightly different to the 4th and so on...

But that doesn't matter because the core and essence of the shabad will still remain, that is the importance !

Yes, i can see the point you are making with reference to my mention of Prf Sahib saying about the different pots coming home everyday.

But you should understand the answer I gave, which was that the shabad refers to the pot and not it's contents of water. Otherwise you would say that fresh water is bought every morning in the karrah.

This is what I gather after read-think-read-think-read.....repeating

However, you may see it and think slightly differently to another 3rd person, and they may in turn go slightly different to the 4th and so on...

But that doesn't matter because the core and essence of the shabad will still remain, that is the importance !

So you can't point to which word in Gurmukhi is saying that a new pot is brought everyday? My whole point is that such a word does not exist in the tuk, but you or someone else are adding words into the tuk.

I think it would be a good idea to give your own interpretations and then look into the katha later.

I did request 'in your own words'.

Were you using your own words when bringing in what prof sahib Singh had to say about the pot? What did you post on the other post about judging? Be kind and post that tuk here. :biggrin2:

Hey look, this shabad alone has been a huge learning curve for me thanks to your input and suggestions.

I would hope that it has been likewise for yourself.

The point you make is entirely valid about no such word in the shabad. :biggrin2:

But, my point was to bear this in mind and think what else could it be then ?

Anyway, bearing this in mind and with what I quoted about the possibility of the pot being a metaphor with reference to the next shabad, It makes me believe this a little stronger.

This is the whole point of doing vichaar and I appreciate that you allocated the time unlike others that just shy away.

Hopefully, it is has not only been beneficial to us, but to future readers that may end up reading this.

It just shows that a single shabad can give you so much to contemplate about.

Personally, I would rather that there was more focus on this aspect of sikhism and these threads instead of the slandering and ego-busting that goes on other threads.

Sat Kartar

Hey look, this shabad alone has been a huge learning curve for me thanks to your input and suggestions.

I would hope that it has been likewise for yourself.

The point you make is entirely valid about no such word in the shabad. :biggrin2:

But, my point was to bear this in mind and think what else could it be then ?

Anyway, bearing this in mind and with what I quoted about the possibility of the pot being a metaphor with reference to the next shabad, It makes me believe this a little stronger.

This is the whole point of doing vichaar and I appreciate that you allocated the time unlike others that just shy away.

Hopefully, it is has not only been beneficial to us, but to future readers that may end up reading this.

It just shows that a single shabad can give you so much to contemplate about.

Personally, I would rather that there was more focus on this aspect of sikhism and these threads instead of the slandering and ego-busting that goes on other threads.

Sat Kartar

I'm glad you learned from this thread as I have as well. However for the future or going further with this shabad, it is only correct to learn in what historical context the Shabad was written in. Without this a person can make up whatever they want from THEIR OWN historical context as they learn from their envirnoments. We need to step in Bhagat Kabir Ji Maharaj's historical context and then move forward in intrepreting and understanding the Shabad literally and spiritually. Especially for this Shabad as the historical reference is mentioned in the shabad.

I'm glad you learned from this thread as I have as well. However for the future or going further with this shabad, it is only correct to learn in what historical context the Shabad was written in. Without this a person can make up whatever they want from THEIR OWN historical context as they learn from their envirnoments. We need to step in Bhagat Kabir Ji Maharaj's historical context and then move forward in intrepreting and understanding the Shabad literally and spiritually. Especially for this Shabad as the historical reference is mentioned in the shabad.

A very valid point and I agree totally.

Infact I have only realised just how much influence Kabir ji had towards gurmat after looking into the shabads he contributed.

I don't think many of us sikhs realise that he was born over half a century before Guru Nanak ji !!!!

Background learning and contexts is somewhat essential for certain shabads in my opinion but I know that some disagree with this especially when it comes to hindu deities and ancient hindu stories.

But if they can get the message without the background, then good for them.

However, a slowie like me has to get the necessities in order to retain and fully understand.