WHy some Sikhs are so superstitious

singhmankaran

PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES DO EXIST....

BHAI ISHER SINGH HIMSELF PERFORMED EXORCISM ONCE....

WE CAN'T DEBATE ON THESE TOPICS...SUPERSTITIONS ARE ANOTHER THING BUT PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES ARE OTHER

It's no use brother. Trust me, I've tried. In this case it's best to follow the Gurbani tukh where it says Moorkhe naal na lujhiye

WE CAN'T DEBATE ON THESE TOPICS...SUPERSTITIONS ARE ANOTHER THING BUT PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES ARE OTHER

I dont understand, what is a paranormal activity? How would it affect somebody, would it include illness too, or just hearing voices, and things like that etc?

I dont understand, what is a paranormal activity? How would it affect somebody, would it include illness too, or just hearing voices, and things like that etc?

I think it would include the above...

They do exist, no one is saying that they don't.

I am sure that people can get posessed and I'm sure that I've had tunha done to me and my family- you only have to see the suffering encountered !

However, this is the BIG however, - I firmly believe that if we were more gurmat then it would have had LESS effect on us.

At the time I was too engrossed and submerged in myself, all that mattered to me was how I looked, where I went, what I drove, how much money I had....etc..etc..

So what I'm trying to say is that the closer you are to being GURMUKH, then the minimum affects of such voodoo/tuna/ nazars will happen to you.

Thus, a TRUE sikh who becomes GURMUKH will be ABSOLUTELY UNTOUCHABLE by any such paranormal activity !!

SO, when a person has bad happening and suffering, then you should look back and think of the wrong you have done, -NOTE-sometimes we do wrong without even realisinf until we suffer !!

Because if you start blaming tunha/voodoo, then you are just passing the buck and doing nothing to admit your own faults and weaknesses.

Realistically, if you had been gurmat and done no wrong, then the tunha/voodoo would not have touched you.

A sikh should blame themselves for any suffering and NOT blame others, because this is what helps a sikh in his/her own self development.

Blaming and judging external things is our own weakness for which we end up suffering even more- it's like a 'corkscrew' effect.

YES, it is any activity outside of our normal living and conduct.

So, some evil people out there can curse a weak person and it comes true. This is why they say you should not bad mouth or kick aside a beggar, because they can curse you and it can be bad.

The way it affects varies in strengths.- it can start with simple bad luck..ie loss of job, money, all your appliances breaking down therefore your costs increase and income decreases..etc.... (ths is most common and the easiest to do)

Then they can also inflict physical suffering on you so that you get illness and disease.

The ultimate is 'DEATH', where they can cause physical and mental suffering so bad that it leads to death by suicide or otherwise.

BUT, I will say BIG BUT again, the stronger a sikh and more gurmat you are, then the LESS likely you will be affected.

Also, if a person starts believing that they are a victim of tunha jadoo, then they are infact SUBMITTING and giving in to these evil forces, this results in more weakness(less gurmat) and more further affects.

-----corkscrew affect again!!!

A sikh should ONLY SUBMIT to the WILL OF HUKAM and our GURU, this is the ONLY way you will be saved !

There is no need for exorcism, since gurbani is the biggest power, but yes if the victim is suffering so bad that they can't do paath, simran , bani... then someone else has to do it for them !

The way it affects varies in strengths.- it can start with simple bad

luck..ie loss of job, money, all your appliances breaking down therefore

your costs increase and income decreases..etc.... (ths is most common

and the easiest to do)

hilarious ... thanks for the laughs lucky singh jee ..... :biggrin2:

I think these ones are sponsored by appliance repair companies

SO, when a person has bad happening and suffering, then you should look back and think of the wrong you have done, -NOTE-sometimes we do wrong without even realisinf until we suffer !!

Because if you start blaming tunha/voodoo, then you are just passing the buck and doing nothing to admit your own faults and weaknesses.

Realistically, if you had been gurmat and done no wrong, then the tunha/voodoo would not have touched you.

A sikh should blame themselves for any suffering and NOT blame others, because this is what helps a sikh in his/her own self development.

Blaming and judging external things is our own weakness for which we end up suffering even more- it's like a 'corkscrew' effect.

In Gurbani what luckysingh99 said is defined this tuk I repeat

ਦਦੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੇਊ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਕਰੰਮਾ ਆਪਣਿਆ ॥

Dhadhai Dhos N Dhaeoo Kisai Dhos Karanmaa Aapaniaa ||

Dadda: Do not blame anyone else; blame instead your own actions.

ਜੋ ਮੈ ਕੀਆ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੀਜੈ ਅਵਰ ਜਨਾ ॥੨੧॥

Jo Mai Keeaa So Mai Paaeiaa Dhos N Dheejai Avar Janaa ||21||

Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else. ||21|| pg 433

But high spiritual Gurmukh can say this, rest lot can blame tuna jado :biggrin2:

In Gurbani what luckysingh99 said is defined this tuk I repeat

ਦਦੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੇਊ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਕਰੰਮਾ ਆਪਣਿਆ ॥

Dhadhai Dhos N Dhaeoo Kisai Dhos Karanmaa Aapaniaa ||

Dadda: Do not blame anyone else; blame instead your own actions.

ਜੋ ਮੈ ਕੀਆ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੀਜੈ ਅਵਰ ਜਨਾ ॥੨੧॥

Jo Mai Keeaa So Mai Paaeiaa Dhos N Dheejai Avar Janaa ||21||

Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else. ||21|| pg 433

But high spiritual Gurmukh can say this, rest lot can blame tuna jado :biggrin2:

That's the perfect tuk !

I can't remember coming across or noticing that one, but i have taken notice of the ones that suggest we shouldn't judge others but only judge ourselves...etc...

This gurbani tuk is the key and core of dealing with our own suffereings.

The problem is we get 2 sides of this tunha/jadhu argument-

A) We get the sufferers who are adamant and persistent and they tell us that we would NOT know unless it happened to us,

and then we get

B) the other side that insist it's all rubbish and all in your head !!

The point I was trying to make was that a sikh doesn't have to be A or B. You can be a little of each if it pleases you :blink2: ?

But, you should just base your attitude on simple bani 'commandments' (like the ten commandments :biggrin2: he..hehe )

First, you should NOT judge and second, you should NOT blame.

The CURE and PREVENTITIVE is Gurbani and Guru.

So , if you are armed with these as much as possible, then you shall be untouchable.

I am also pretty sure that our family had some major tunha directed at us, but I am also sure that the harm we suffered was due to our own weaknesses of not being gurmat enough, not having faith in Guruji, not doing any extra bhagti and paath from the heart to overpower it.

Thereofore, I only blame myself for my own suffering. Not the a**ole that directed it at us because they shall have their day when God sees to it !

I know there's some nasty apne bhandey out there that enjoy doing this and enjoy seeing a successful family fall and break. But I say let them be....let them carry on, because God will take care of them when their time comes.

Don't let them make you the victim even if they are directing something evil at you.

Let them be VICTIMS at God's hands.

A true GURMUKH is NEVER a VICTIM, no matter how hard someone tries. :respect:

This tuk is hard to find but when we started with topic jadu tona the topic was in my mind when I was doing paath(sahaj paath) two shabads I read in baani was inline with the topic so I noted down.

One was about Grah(panet of horoscope) which was termed as "You are trying to mix apple and oranges" by Jony101 and this was bang on"ਦਦੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੇਊ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਕਰੰਮਾ ਆਪਣਿਆ ॥".