Village marriage

Del1

Where does it say I can't marry someone from the same village as me in India. We are not blood related but different caste. Does it say in the gurbani? She is a Chohan and I am a pooni there is no bloodline plus we different caste.

You have to look at the history and blood line.

Most of the clans settled in particular villages and they all kept their clan surnames for identity. This is what it talks about when you can't marry in village because a direct blood line will exist somwhere although it may be distant.

However, we have people from all sorts of clan backgrounds settled in the pinds and therefore ther isno logical problem of marrying especially of the original clan surname is different.

As per SIKHI it is absolutely fine.

But it is our culture and pindu brahminization that makes the comments or tries to say it is not justified.

Ask a true gyani and they will be happy and willing to do anand karaj.

But our punjabi culture is a different story.

I think the people that have done it have usually moved out and away in to the city because of this 'gossip' by our idiotic pindus!

Respect the laws of the village.

Yes, even though we have long moved away, have changed EVERY aspect of our lifestyle, have NO link to it other than our parents happened to live there once, we should let outdated, and now irrelevant controls regulate our lives. NOT.

Laws are there to help people live happy, good lives, not to control them for no reason. If a law no longer serves a purpose, and is actually hindering people's lives, then that law is no longer a law that needs to be followed. Regardless, they dont even live there so its reduntant to them no matter what.