Can Amritdhari Eat Food From co-workers who are Indian

Guest 2meramain13

Its about jootha. You cannot eat jootha and cannot give jootha to somebody for eating.

This is my perception

so how does food become jootha?

someone has ate some and then put it back on the plate.

someone has touched the plate with food with their hands.

someone has been thinking of non-sikh thoughts while preparing the food?

whats makes food jootha?

I myself eat lunch daily with all non-Sikh coworkers. I always politely refuse to eat whatever they bring from home and they're cool with it. One of them is a south Indian pure vegetarian, and another is a Jain who doesn't even have onions or garlic in any food item. Yet I refuse politely. So either your friends are a bit too narrow-minded to take offense when you refuse, or you are a little too paranoid and need to stop eating with them. By the way, do you share with them what you eat, or what you bring from home? If they do consume your food, they will be eager to offer you their stuff too. So either you stop offering them as well (if you do offer), or make sure its not joothhaa. Bottom line, if you're Amritdhari, you got to do what your Panj Pyaare said.

With all due respect bhenji, what makes you say they're manmukh? Did you mean to say that they're non-Amritdhari? Does taking Amrit generate an automated certificate that the person becomes a Gurmukh? Please elaborate. Thanks.

Oh no I don't say taking Amrit automatically makes you a Gursikh. By Manmukh, I referred to the definition Guru Sahib provides for. A person who constantly talks/desires for maya, driven by mind and keeps on trying to fulfill sensory organs. (Forgive me, by no means I mean I am better than anybody.)

I meant if we keep the sangat of these people, what good are we taking from them for our own soul? Rather, take sangat of Gursikhs who talk about Guru, act as Guru says and live by Guru so that by associating with them, we might also get carried across! :)

Guest Guest

I personally don't see any issue with eating from other vegetarian HUMAN BEINGS. We are all human. Where is the evidence that a Sikh can't eat food prepared by other humans? And I don't mean things written by other humans. Where does Guru Ji say to reject food prepared by non Sikhs? One love.