Simran or paath?

simmal tree

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

kandola je, i have to disagree wit u

maharaj je gave hukam of panj banis, sampooran rehraas sahib, and kirtan sohilla

that was their hukam that all sikhs have to do no matter wat

any thing else is great, but that wass the absolute minimum

dont now patt?

listen

cant?

do at least mimumum 2.5 hours simran

but thats if u live in the jungle, these days internet has paath on it, in english also, so its all gud

read the sakhi of Sant baba harnam singh je rampur khere wale

they read sukhmani sahib instead of jaap sahib, wernt they remebering god then?

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

cant?

do at least mimumum 2.5 hours simran

but thats if u live in the jungle, these days internet has paath on it, in english also, so its all gud

i agree with u veerji but wut if lets say im on a bus going from edmonton to b.c, the trip takes about 12 hours, i kant do my nitnem then, so in that case simran is alrite, rite?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

You should take a Gutka with you on your way. Or maybe a PDA :lol: But much better, try to memorize as much bani as possible.

Kandola, very excellent post but I have to disagree with you here. Reading BANI is NOT the same as doing naam abhiyaas. I already stated my point before by posting from Bhai Rama Singh Ji's book.

and this is what Guru Sahib says: Gur Ki 'Baani' 'Naam' Vaajaaey

So how can action and reaction be the same?

Dear Sangat,

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Nitnem is important I think it is suggested to be done daily so that its message may become infused within us, to guide us in our Naam Simran, yeh that means we MUST not just stop at - 'doing panj bani', we gotta look beyond that - Naam Simran!!

The message of Guru ji is pointing to realising the purity that exists within, that is blossomed forth with "Sat, Santokh, and Vichaar".

So lets try NOT to use our manmukh thinking and start latching onto one and forget the other.

A Gurmukh wannabe

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif 5 Nitnem bani's are essential you can not replace these with simran, if you do miss nitnem for what ever reason one should do ardass to Guru mahraj and try and still try and read them later in the day. Alot of the youth don't get up at amritvela if we did then you would get lahaa of simran abyaas and abel to do your nitnem on time. in this modern age theres no real excsues as we have PDA , internet , etc.... Also we shoudl all strive to learn paat of by heart so that no matter where you are you can allways do your nitnem.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!