Higher Studies in Sikhism

Gurpreet14

Satsriakal g saareya nu :)

I m thinking to go for higher studies...but I dont want to keep on mugging up all technical stuffs.....

I have enough of knowledge to use any technical stuff around the world...as I have done engineering.....

Can anyone let me know if there r masters programme/courses in Sikhism....

Can I go for studies related to Sikhism.... If any part time course is available that would b great.....

which institutes offer these courses....?? I have searched alot on internet...but I m not getting things correct...coz whatever I have learnt... N what I want to is totally different....

Satsriakal g saareya nu :)

I m thinking to go for higher studies...but I dont want to keep on mugging up all technical stuffs.....

I have enough of knowledge to use any technical stuff around the world...as I have done engineering.....

Can anyone let me know if there r masters programme/courses in Sikhism....

Can I go for studies related to Sikhism.... If any part time course is available that would b great.....

which institutes offer these courses....?? I have searched alot on internet...but I m not getting things correct...coz whatever I have learnt... N what I want to is totally different....

Ask a real gyani- the one that has done all his years of studies.

I know that there are so many who use the title 'Gyani' but you will know if they are for real and not a self-proclaimed Gurdwara pardaan from the way they talk.

If they can come up with simple dates and facts, then they may be for real.

If you want some questions to ask, then I can give you a list of scholarly questions that any rightful Gyani who has done his studies and kamayee will know !!

Below is a link of over 550 questions and answers that have been continuously updated and verified from many sources over time.

http://www.cyber-link.net/history.htm

Thanks for response but I need to know about a degree program in sikhism....like there r few courses offered in mythology....I m asking first that...means can I have my masters in subject like religion/ spirituality/sikhsim etc.....

Any college/institute/university offering these courses in India or abroad?

Go to a mahapurash my child. U might end up like that man Sarbjit D***** if u go to an institute.

Means who's this person?

Ask a real gyani- the one that has done all his years of studies.I know that there are so many who use the title 'Gyani' but you will know if they are for real and not a self-proclaimed Gurdwara pardaan from the way they talk.If they can come up with simple dates and facts, then they may be for real. If you want some questions to ask, then I can give you a list of scholarly questions that any rightful Gyani who has done his studies and kamayee will know !!Below is a link of over 550 questions and answers that have been continuously updated and verified from many sources over time. http://www.cyber-link.net/history.htm

I dont need to have answer for few of my questions

I want to study sikhism in form if a degree because if u opt anything in form of ur degree program u will put ur 100% effort to study it.....

I luv to read about Sikhism so it wouldb interesting to learn through regular classes

What I meant to say was- ask a gyani who is learned and has done the studies. They should be able to advise you and recommend somewhere they know of or would have heard of.

From what I know, the SIkh Missionary Colleges like one in Ludhiana are approved and recommended by Akaal takht.

You could do the 2-year SGPC correspondence course in Sikh studies. Have a look on here: http://sgpc.net/patter-vihar.html

Although personally I feel the best, most fruitful way to study would be to begin a Sehaj Path, you can even do it online, and slowly read and contemplate on one ang a day or a few angs a day. As you read one ang, then you can read the translations and then you can search online or read books or listen to katha of that ang or shabad to develop a deeper understanding.

And keep a notebook and then you can keep track of your progress and write down important points and shabads that stand out to you. Then eventually when you conclude the Sehaj Path you will have notes to look back and read through. I think you will learn the most this way, even if it take a long time. Sikhi is all about lifelong learning. Gurbani is an endless ocean of wisdom and knowledge, and as time goes by and you do more and more Sehaj Paths, each time you will learn countless new things that you didn't realise before.

Ur suggestion is great :) but I want to do it through classes to build a routine....... N to stict to it.......

Thats y....I m asking for university... U know last year in the month of oct there was a short term course offered at Bangla sahib, @delhi....,

I even registered for it but didn't went to take single class.,.. I hate myself for this.... Now there is a urge in me to learn again....I want to enroll in it....... I want to study seriously...the max I can.... Thanks for suggesting sgpc option..