Dasam Granth --- Missionary Exposed By Giani Sher Singh Ji

Pappi9

I've seen the above(painting) happening at my local Gurdwara !!

But I later learned that it was 2 akhand paaths going on simultaneously !

However, some other gurdwaras proudly have a display of over 10 of these happening simultaneously and all of them are Guru Granth Sahib ji birs !

Luckysingh ji

Your post is reproduced above.It refers to the previous post of 559. In the picture posted by 559, it is specifically written at top that two granths namely SGGS ji and Dasam Granth in parkash at harmandir sahib.

You refer to this picture happening in your Gurudwara. What does it mean? Most of us who are resident in western hemisphere know well that Dasam Granth is not in parkash in that part anywhere. I think you live in BC if i am not wrong.

Yes the post was just done in humor in relation to the multi revenue akhand parths held at the western gurdwaras.

Funnily enough, a very young Sikh I came across one weekend happened to mention that there was nothing wrong with the gurdwaras having these multi akhand paths side by side since he had seen an old historic picture where this was done outside !!

It made me realize that he was talking about this very picture from Maharaja Ranjit's time, - I had to try and explain that was not what was in that picture.

Every time I see that picture now, it prompts me to think of what some newer unaware Sikhs may be thinking !

Yes the post was just done in humor in relation to the multi revenue akhand parths held at the western gurdwaras.

Funnily enough, a very young Sikh I came across one weekend happened to mention that there was nothing wrong with the gurdwaras having these multi akhand paths side by side since he had seen an old historic picture where this was done outside !!

It made me realize that he was talking about this very picture from Maharaja Ranjit's time, - I had to try and explain that was not what was in that picture.

Every time I see that picture now, it prompts me to think of what some newer unaware Sikhs may be thinking !

Some Nihang shownis/Dals do multiple parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It's good in a sense that each GurSikh is reading Gurbani, but in my opinion* Akhand Paths shouldn't happen like this.

At some Gurdwaras I see multiple rooms with multiple Akhand Paths going on by families and none of the family members go to sit and listen to Paath. Maybe the practice is not wrong, but perhaps just the fault in the moorakhs who have the Akhand Paths and not go to listen?

Not sure

Some Nihang shownis/Dals do multiple parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It's good in a sense that each GurSikh is reading Gurbani, but in my opinion* Akhand Paths shouldn't happen like this.

At some Gurdwaras I see multiple rooms with multiple Akhand Paths going on by families and none of the family members go to sit and listen to Paath. Maybe the practice is not wrong, but perhaps just the fault in the moorakhs who have the Akhand Paths and not go to listen?

Not sure

Well yeh, it's about the attitudes of the gurdwaras that organize them and the families that request them.

We see only a handful of people sat there and there may be 14-15 birs at any one time. Then it is obvious that no one is listening to their requested parth at all.

SGPC should make some stricter guidelines on this kind of conduction.

Well yeh, it's about the attitudes of the gurdwaras that organize them and the families that request them.

We see only a handful of people sat there and there may be 14-15 birs at any one time. Then it is obvious that no one is listening to their requested parth at all.

SGPC should make some stricter guidelines on this kind of conduction.

Some Nihang Dals do Akhand Path separately though, they do it on their own for their own laha. I don't think this is wrong at all.

Was making a distinction between in the west where some people pay money for Akhand Path (which is right because it's sewa), but not attend at all. It's best to do Sehaj Path on tape and listen very, very slowly than to not attend Akhand Path at all.

ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਮਹਾਰਾਜ ਭੰਗਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਜੁਧ ਜਿੱਤਣ ਸਰ ਹੀ ਖਬਰ ਮਿਲੀ ਕਿ ਬਾਬਾ ਅਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੰਘ ਦਾ ਜਨਮ ਹੋਇਆ, ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਜਾਣ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕਿਹਾ, ਕਿ ਜਿਹੜੇ ਸਿੰਘ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਹੋਏ ਨੇ ਉਂਨ੍ਹਾ ਦਾ ਸਸਕਾਰ ਕਰੋ, ਅਤੇ ਜਿਹੜੇ ਤੁਰਕ ਮਰੇ ਨੇ ਇਹਨਾ ਨੂੰ ਕਬਰ ਪੁੱਟ ਕੇ ਦਫ਼ਨਾ ਦਿਉ।

ਜਦੋਂ ਸਿੰਘ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਪਾਸ ਆਏ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਪੁਛਿਆ ਕਿ ਕੰਮ ਕਰ ਆਏ" ਤਾਂ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ ਕਿ "ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਅਸੀਂ ਸੋਚਿਆ ਇਹਨੀਆਂ ਕਿੰਨੀਆਂ 'ਕ ਕਬਰਾਂ ਪੁੱਟ ਦੇ ਸੋ ਅਸੀਂ ਤੁਰਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਸਸਕਾਰ ਕਰਤਾ।" ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ ਕਿ ਹੁਣ ਏਹੀ ਤੁਰਕ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਘਰਾਂ 'ਚ ਜਨਮ ਲੈਣ ਗੇ, ਸਰੂਪ ਵੀ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਵਰਗਾ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਪਰ ਸੋਚ ਅਤੇ ਕੰਮ ਤੁਰਕਾਂ ਵਾਲੇ। ਅੱਜ ਉਹੀ ਤੁਰਕ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਲਾਲ, ਧੁੰਦੀ, ਘਗੀ, ਕਾਲੀ ਅਫ਼ਗਾਨੀ ਅਤੇ ਇਹਨਾ ਦੇ ਚੇਲਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਰੂਪ ਚ ਸੰਗਤਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਗੁੰਮਰਾਹ ਕਰ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ!