Life After Death

Guest questions questions

Yes by Satguru nanak dev nirankar..satguru maharaj are both nirgun and sargun roop...aad sach, jugad sach, hai bhi sach nanak hosi bhi sach.!!!!!!!!!

I was referring from the body mind perspective where there is duality what you say is also correct but from the nirgun perspective but from that perspective you are also satguru and so is everybody else. As everyones nirgun saroop is the same - the same one behind 'me', 'you' and everyone also including guru nanak dev ji is one and the same.

I was referring from the body mind perspective where there is duality what you say is also correct but from the nirgun perspective but from that perspective you are also satguru and so is everybody else. As everyones nirgun saroop is the same - the same one behind 'me', 'you' and everyone also including guru nanak dev ji is one and the same.

Haan ji what you saying its true from gyan aspect but from bhagti aspect there is always distinction like fish (sikh/bhagat) in ocean (sri guru nanak dev nirankar), depends on person perception, if someone wants to live like a fish in ocean (sri guru nanak dev nirankar) thats beautiful too..sikhi path is beautiful both bhagti and gyan are blended with each other..sometimes while living in this body we play and enjoy as fish (sikh) bhagat in a ocean (sri guru nanak dev ji), sometimes there is no fish there is no ocean- nirgun akaal moorat sat chit anand saroop...everything is sewned in together in sikhi there is no duality just pure advait - sargun nirgun nirankar sun samadhi aap, apan kiya nanaka apa fer jaap ||

The sargun nature of God is known and fairly familiar to everyone because people are used to experiencing and perceiving the world (waheguru) but one to know the nirgun nature is what make one realised of God hence bhagat (be it through the gyan or bhagat side). So a bhagat needs to know both nirgun(you can not know nirgun you can only be nirgun) and sargun aspects (even though you cannot know all of them but you can experience millions of them in your lifetime) of whaeguru. Also you can't choose the hukam of akal purakh that makes one distinguish between fish and sea or if akal purakh chooses in that moment of time cause the perception of no fish or see its all in his hukam. Neither is lower or higher sargun and nirgun is one and the same. But to say we have choice to enjoy waheguru's sargun perception or at times switch to nirgun perception is incorrect it happens automatically before 'you' can even consciously perceive this.

Who we are is immortal - we are the entire manifest and at the same time the non manifest. In gurbani this is known as sargun and nirgun. So to answer how we look like you can say aspects of our 'body' consists of the entire universe. The stars, oceans, land, people, animals (basically anything perceivable or conceivable) etc are parts of our sargun 'body' but our nirgun body cannot be described because here the perceiver known as 'I' disappears hence if there is no one left then the nirgun can never be described.

In your questions you imply that the body is us but yet this is not incorrect however it is only a small aspect of what we are as I have written above. When you die what will happen is similar to what happens when you sleep at night. When death occurs there may be pain or not but you will lose consciousness and with this all your memories, thoughts, mind and emotions will disappear - there will be no you hence the question of will there be a waiting room is invalid as the individual/ego gets destroyed at death so how can you wait in a room... I(mind) have tried to trace how long this perceivable disappearance lasts for but it is impossible to state as my true self (nirgun) is beyond time therefore my mind can not pinpoint a time as time itself is not linear. Anyway since I have stated above what then happens is that our nirgun, which is always sargun as well seems to project (according to the mind as mind sees events in a linear way) a new world where the ego is born again. This cycle occurs again and again and always has been. So answering your question what ever physical body the ego takes it will appear that we are it and 'we' are feeling through our physical body.

There is no certain judgement day the laws of cause and effect are always in play this is judgement in a way for the ego - getting rich, fame or on the other hand being murdered, getting raped is one's 'judgement day'.

You are back!!!!!Yay!!!

I m gonna explain in simple terms as i have come to understand

Sikhism says heaven n earth are on this planet itself...it's a result of your past n present actions..

It's an ongoing process

If a child is born in a family having abundance, love, health, food, shelter, contentment, righteousness, peace n harmony, its heaven

Vis a vis a child born in a beggars family n starts begging as soon as can, its hell

Sikhism says one gets a human form after 84lakhs of different life forms(stones, reptiles, plant forms,etc) n humans being the most evolved beings its only in this birth that one can be in unison with God n free from life n death as well as heaven n hell.

Stones? I'm confused.

How would a stone die and the soul pass on? Or does the soul just get pulled out and another one replaces it?!

If a child is born in a family having abundance, love, health, food, shelter, contentment, righteousness, peace n harmony, its heaven

Vis a vis a child born in a beggars family n starts begging as soon as can, its hell

In wordly language yes.....

to elaborate it's the attributes like selfless love, sacrifice, voluntary service of handicap/old/poor/weak/gurudwaras (seeing GOD in them), sabar, santokh, khima, forgiveness, cotentment, satisfaction etc that makes a person feel like living in heaven

Same way, stuff like ninda, jhooth, chugli, nafrat, moh, lobh, laalch, hankaar, pride, greed, worldly attachment, jealousy, revenge etc means one is living in hell.....

I go to a Catholic School; and we had a topic on what happens after death.

They believe that everyone will rise from the dead and maybe all be transformed to the age of 34 because that is when Jesus Christ was crucified.

My questions are:

What do we 'look' like? Do we feel things through our physical body? Some believe there will be a waiting room. What happens?

They are waiting for judgement day when God will return to earth and all the good people, the sheep, will be with God on His right hand side and the others, the goats, will go to hell?

i don't understand this...what does Sikhi say?

Thank you

reicarnation based on one's good bad deed...........if one becomes pure from soul and becomes spiritually high he can be one with GOD and never have to come back....but may come back as a saint or soldier to preach or protect the weak with God's will.....but they are free from the circle of death and birth as they are the special souls with certain jobs asigned to them.......

no judgement day or rising of dead.....

Stones? I'm confused.

How would a stone die and the soul pass on? Or does the soul just get pulled out and another one replaces it?!

Nothing is dead if one looks at a stone microscopically its made of atoms, atoms further made of electrons, protons and neutrons. Electrons are spinning in the orbits. It does not stay stone for ever. Consciousness move from nothing to everything. That's the play of consciousness. Also As I said before its a process of forward evolution not backward. The beauty of being a human is that you can be aware that you are aware, meaning that you are not your thoughts which most people think they are. You can make a conscious choice to choose and act.