This singh got attacked in my area

On 26 September, 34 year-old Jagdeesh Singh was walking home with his 10-year-old nephew from Walsgrave Hospital when he was subjected to a barrage of racist abuse. Two White men then launched a physical attack on Mr Singh - punching him some 30 times, while calling him 'Bin Laden' and 'Paki'.

According to Mr Singh, the attack was the seventh violent racist attack on him in the last ten years, and definitely the worst. 'On none of these seven occasions has the culprits been punished. They have either escaped or the police have not felt it appropriate to pursue the matter further.' Mr Singh, who wears a beard and turban, suggested that these visible 'symbols' had been the trigger for the attacks.

The latest attack comes at a time, when incidents against Muslims, Sikhs and other visible ethnic minorities are increasing and in recent months, the city of Coventry has been targeted by British National Party propaganda about Muslims and Asians 'preying on their girls'.

post-2-1096735211.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is sad! :lol: @

How come the singh didn't defend himself, if it came to such an end, use his sri sahib? I'm not sure about the situation, of how it had happened, but I guess he wasn't ready, we have to be ready for anything at all times, in this case it was just two people, singhs fought with many others, even without any shasters at all.

Its kalyug, these types of things happen all over the world, so we have to stay ready, and stay tyaar-bar-tyaar as ordered by Guru Gobind Singh ji khalsa.

khalsa ji, its easy to say "why didnt he defend himself", in reality when u are attacked you freeze on the spot, if you dont know how to defend yourself you cannot defend yourself, its simple. even as mentioned above, using your sri sahib, how? again if someone isnt trained then they are more of a danger to themselves, if the sri sahib is disarmed or drops for the attacker to use on them, then what? if the khalsa is akaal purakh ki fauj, shudnt they train for these kinds of situations? but anyway who needs to put in time to train and follow the hukam of maharaj guru gobind singh when we can live off the glory of our ancestors?

Sat Sri Akal:

This seems to be British or incident from the name of the places you are stating. Are any Sikh organizations working on the case? Please tell me as soon as possible by PMing me. The Sikh orgnanizations need to be campaigning to bring to justice this victim of what seems to be a potential bias crime.

We can discuss the dynamics of defending yourself afterwards, let's get this Singh Sahib some help first!!!

Well said Gurbar Akaal ji, agree, you should prepare yourself for these situations, join a martial arts training institute, or something.

what if he did defend himself and ended up going to federal prison? Its easy to say "he should have defended himself", but you should put yourself in his shoes.

lol, its called "self-defence", in most cases you don't end up in federal prison, if you don't have a record, and can provide witnesses/proof (his cousins), study some law bro.

I can understand if the singh wasn't given a chance to recover, or anything, and got knocked cold, again it all boils down to being ready to defend yourself in that situation. Be aware of your surroundings, and any potential threats.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This is very bad. As mentioned above, it is very easy and very natural to freeze at the moment of attack (adenalin pumps in). Maybe Jagdeesh Singh may have defended himself in other ways if his 10 year old nephew wasnt with him? As his top priority was his nephews safety?

One point I would like to make is that before using sri sahib, everyone MUST learn to use their fists and legs first, then learn to use sri sahib. Waheguru Ji has blessed nearly all of us with two arms and two legs! So it makes sense to use our arms and legs first.

One sakhi i remember is when Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji was fighting an oppressor with weapons, but some how Maharaj took the weapon away from the oppressor. Maharaj then put his weapon down, and wrestled the oppresor (sorry, really bad at telling sakhis, bhul chuk maf) The point is that if anyone attacking us with fists, we defend with fists, but if they attack with weapons, we use use weopns to defend.

My knowledge of Shaster Vidya isnt very good, but im sure this beutiful art also trains armed combat aswell as un armed combat (or the other way round :lol: )

Sorry for going off the subject a little!

May Maharaj keep Jagdeesh Singh and his family chardi kalaa. Hope he gets well soon.

Bhul chuk mafi.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!