The Third Eye? What Is It? What Does It Do?

Seems to me you have been spending some time watching 3HO videos. All this about sitting in a certain position, holding a hand certain way, having fingers in a certain way, breathing techniques, focusing eyes on this point that point........to simply put it is a bunch of rabbit out of a hat. You are wasting your time on things that lead you no where.

Satguru says focus your eyes on Gurbani and see the darshan of Vaheguru. Sitting or standing keep your focus on the Shabad and let the Prakash of Vaheguru come before your eyes with dedication and contemplation.

That was just a huge assumption you just made.

I was only asking what a third eye actually is and what it supposedly does. I had no idea it even existed prior to asking the question.

the third eye is one of the energy centres in the body. as one progresses along the spiritual path these centres begin to open up. you don't even have to think about it or focus on them for this to happen. however, it does take time and for someone to have an open third eye is quite rare. once open, it allows you to see into the spiritual world. however, in the grand scheme of things, it is not considered to be an advanced stage.