What Happened To Sikhs In Indian Army Who Attacked Golden Temple In 1984

singh135

The army which attacked in 1984 had Sikhs in it who killed innocent women and children Sikhs.

Some were given medals, etc. They are now mostly retired on Government. What is their status in the Panth? Shouldn't they be ex-communicated by Akaal Takht?

What are your thoughts? Any info

The akal takht at this moment is another government building when it is freed we can talk these things. Many Sikhs deserted and went to nandred sahib and are still there, know a few..

Look at Punjab Police force same thing happened with army, 65% were Sikhs. I wouldn't doubt if a sizeable minority did attack but tbh nothing will happen until our rule.

KPS Gill hasn't been excommunicated others are a small thing.

Sikh soldiers were brought in for the clean-up, this was told to me by a Sikh soldier who served in the Indian Army at the time. Other than that do you really think the present SGPC, Akali Dal and pro-government jathebandis will allow any such excommunication????

Has anyone ever bothered questioning these soldiers and querying what they were told, ordered to do and explained???? Might tie up a few lose ends. I remember reading a few years ago about a few soldiers who went public with statements citing the deliberate disrespect expressed towards the Khalsa ethos, including but not limited to smoking, wearing of shoes inside the sanctum sanctorum, defecation etc. Secondly from sevadaars and eyewitnesses they constructed records depicting the drama enacted by Brar and his contemporaries (I have posted one such picture in the pics section of him and Sundaji with no shoes outside Darbar Sahib. This picture was later waved by Brar as being evidence of the respect given by the army towards Darbar Sahib, pretty contradictory compared to his prior images), to give the impression that nothing was wrong.

Psychologically we can diagonise these soldiers as being dual minded.

1.) They are aware that what they have done is wrong but eschew their conscience by pertaining to the fact that they did it for their country.

2.) Or two they are hiding and with coaxing will reveal what happened.