Gym at your Gurdwara

Jaspaul Singh

Do you have a gym at your gurdwara, either a workout gym, or a separate ground for sports activities?

In toronto, there's a gym at Dixie Gurdwara Sahib, which is a open ground to play soccer, hockey, basketball, etc. It brings the youth out, especially in the winter times.

There's also a small work-out gym at Malton Gurdwara sahib, to lift weights, etc.

I think we need a work-out facility at every gurdwara. :lol:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how the Gym at Malton works but if there was one to be installed in Gurudwaras in general, the biggest issue would be that the men would probably use it more, and the bibian would not feel comfortable or would not be allowed to use it.

Are there other gyms out there (in Gurudwaray) where bibian are welcome and use it too?

I wanna learn gatka  ....

Come down to mississauga gurdwara, every saturday, 5:00pm to 7:00pm, its proper shaster vidya, singhs teach grappling, wrestling counters, build strength/endurance, a total workout, plus you learn proper gatka. (For intermediate to experts)

Or, Dixie Gurdwara - Sunday - 6:00 to 8:00pm. This is more for newbies, and there's not alot of discipline as saturday class, but alot of sangat comes out. :lol: