Gatka in California??

S1ngh

Is there any place where someone can learn gatka in california?? like a normal meeting/classes?? Majority of the cali gatka ppls are in and around Fresno area..

I know some of my friends do play awesome gatka.. ravi,suman phaenjee and so on.. and they all are from bay area.. just wondering are there any classes going on??

thanks

we use to have gatka at manteca Gurudwara Sahib regularly once a week, but uncle ji stopped coming as less people stopped coming, thas why we neeed more kids to come and learn, the more the better!

So now the classes are only held at Stockton Gurudwara Sahib on Saturdays from around 5 30 to 7. Luvla uncles jee is the instructor. Baljeet paaji from fresno also use to come to teach at manteca Guru Ghar, but he doesnt come to stockton. He is away in india right now, but he's a reallly awesome gatka player

But yea the classes are reguarly held on saturdays at stockton Guru Ghar. We need more youth to particpate!! So far only 5 to 6 families attend it.

Uncle ji was also telling us about being in a hollywood movie, and all of us including the fresno gatka team were offered to particpate in it for a 7 day trial, its about a guy who drinks and stuff, and somehow he comes into sikhi,

i need to get full info on it, i will post as soon as i get it.

haha vicky paaji i am still working on it, i am only a beginner :lol: i always hit my bro with the chakar or soti, and he's like wacko.gif oh btw i am from manteca, not bay area :e:

and yess i forgot to tell u that iwent to the sacrame

nto thing, i got there late though when they had already performed gatka :( but neways the displays and everything else was great!

bhul chuk muaaf...Waheguru jee ka khalsa Waheguru jee ki fateh!

Oh thanks for detailed info suman pahenjee :lol: Oh leh if its in stockton on sat. then i can make it up there along with some other lazy singhs and maybe my sis tongue.gif

so if i do come.. i will be learning basic stuff first hana :( i don't even know how to handle the sotey blush.gif hey phaenjee if you can.. can you ask bhai sahib if i can join or something??

and btw satpreet... suman was there during the gatka show at that festival in elk grove and they are the same team who mostly perform in and around bay area.. :wub: