Over Analyzing And Making Sikhi 'complicated'.

Singh559

Prof puran singh was great sikh saint mystic. Here is beautiful quote and very rare picture:

Prof Puran Singh a great Sikh mystic and writer. He writes:

Ever since I have seen Him, the remembrance of the scent of His presence has been my
religion; whatsoever recalls it to my mind is precious; it surpasses all that I have ever valued. I am
good only when my eyes half—close in rapture at the contemplation of His God—personality; to
me nothing else is of virtue. For I know that when I go from Him into the world, full as it is of
learned men with fine clothes and wrinkled faces, I feel no more whole—I am torn asunder, sullied,
weighed down and spent; the formless vapours of my intellect dim the mirror of my heart, and I see
no more what my eyes have so recently beheld. I come back disappointed and disillusioned, a
sadder man. Not in the outer world, only in the heart of God do I find that iridescent lustre, that
absolute rapture which makes me immortal in one flash. Every meeting with Him is an advance of
centuries over my own self.

post-24251-0-65187600-1383574554_thumb.j

He also wrote an article on khalsa brotherhood titles as " Tres-knot fraternity".

THE TRESS-KNOT FRATERNITY

Prof. Puran Singh

The Brotherhood of the Tress-knot was inaugurated by Guru Gobind Singh. It is the Brotherhood of Knights of Honour who live the inward life of Nam and Simrin. They are those whose presence sheds the nectar of peace all around. They desire neither crowns here nor paradise hereafter, they only yearn for His love, His mercy. They desire neither the mystic joys of Yoga, nor the sensual pleasures of Bhoga, they only long to be filled with the Nectar of His Love, their little chalice of heart brimming over with the dew of His psalms. They are full of the philosophic sorrow of life, and they cry and fly as rain-birds to catch the auspicious drop of Heaven with which to quench their thirst, and the thirst of all those who suffer. It is by the repetition of the Beloved's name that they can maintain their spiritual state, and as their thirst for it is infinite, their repetition, like the songs of birds, incessant.
The inspired personality of this Brotherhood is song-struck, love-strung, strong and gentle, fearless, death-despising, even death-courting, seeking no rewards for perpetual self-sacrifice in the name of the Master, dying like moths round the lamps, living like heroes, shining like orbs intoxicated, sweetly exhilarated ever moment of life, elevated above sorry details of things, wishing well to the whole universe of life, and desiring nothing but the lyrical repetition of His Name.

As the Guru says, the modus operandi of realizing such a dynamic personality, all so impersonal like one of God, is by keeping the lamp of Nam burning forever in the shrine of one's heart. "He who has the light of life burning for twenty-four hours in the shrine of the heart is the pure Khalsa."

The symbolic representation of that light is the repetition of the Name. The breath of man is to resound with it, his pores to flow with its nectarian bliss. The eyes go themselves half-upward under the upper lids, the forehead seems to be filled with Nectar as if it were a fountain, and a thousand crystal streams flow down from this Himalaya, fertilizing not one person, but all those who come under the influence of such a one.

He is in union, by the impersonal nature of his holy unselfishness, with the soul of Nature. He is as the mountain, the river, the cloud, the flower. Wherever there is a rose, it must scent the surroundings. The Brother must fill the corner of the earth he is in with the sweetness of his soul, but also with active sympathy. He is always the Prince of Compassion.
In fact, sympathy and compassion are the warp and woof of Sikh life. Guru Amar Das could not bear the weeping of a widow on the death of her husband, nor of a mother on the death of her son. And it so happened that the whole Govindwal, the Master's seat, had no such sorrow during his lifetime. Such a strange uniqueness bespeaks unearthly genius. Guru Teg Bahadur could not endure human suffering; his hymns are full of tears, of infinite renunciation, if thereby the creature man could be happy and free. Guru Gobind Singh's renunciation out of compassion for the miserable slaves of India is infinite. He sacrifices even his God for the amelioration of suffering humanity.
Consistent with the spiritual ancestry of the Ten Gurus and their disciples, the Brother keeps the torch of inspiration burning, not in pursuance of any vows, not for the sake of any gain, but as so ordains Guru Gobind Singh, and so constrains without constraining and so restrains without restraining. The Brother is the vehicle of His Spirit. As the lamps of Simrin burn out, the Sikh dies. As the tree blossoms, so the Sikh blossoms with the joy of Nam and Simrin. As the tree offers its best to the roving winds, so the Sikh offers his all to all.
And so I am the Guru's Sikh- his covenanted soldier and disciple. For my ethical conduct, not I, but He is responsible, who produces the shoots of trees in the spring, who makes the stars shine. I have learnt the secret of life, and I let myself be but as a piece of cloud, raining when He bids me, and flashing lightning when He so desires. My acts are in consonance with my feelings- such is His pleasure. All events to me are also set in the same dreamy rhythm- such is His pleasure.
My Brotherhood is scattered in the history of man enshrined in rare persons. It is scattered in wind and water, in fire and cloud, in the sun and the star. I hear a greeting of this sacred secret Brotherhood from the petals of flowers, from the musical, sculptured shapes of natural scenery. The river is my brother, and the wind my sister. The cloud sympathises with me. And the sun's love for me is limitless and unconditional. There is glory in the crowds of men and women- a rare gleam that is not seen in mere individuals, a flash that like the gathering of clouds comes out of the gathering of men. In all these are the gleams of the shining crest that the Master of this Brotherhood wears, and rides past on His fiery purple steed by the door of the Brothers, by the door of the Faithful.
All those who call themselves Brothers but are not inwardly, spiritually, intentionally, intuitionally, and sub-consciously of the Guru, are struck off the rolls. All those who attain the Khalsa state of the life of the spirit find entrance into the Court of Guru Gobind Singh and they are of us.
Come, then, ye the Sikh youth of the Punjab, hold aloft the Flag of the Guru, renouncing all in His name! Let us be Brothers of the Tress-Knot of Guru Gobind Singh and refuse to belong to any mushroom growth of orders or societies, or clubs of street prophets that are like weeds in this forest of life. The Brothers that have gone before us live on the other side of death. They come to us to aid us if we just turn our face towards them and desire their aid. We are innumerable if we raise our souls and renounce the bodies, keeping them as mere vehicles. As that Great Brother of this Sangha, the Christ, said of his body, it was but the vehicle of the "Spirit of the Father."

When the Guru's Sikh is seen,
I fall down, I fall down at his feet,
Great is the idea of Brotherhood,
Indescribable is the pitch of life in which,
The brothers gather, the brothers gather.

-Guru Nanak

unquote

Another observation of Prof Puran singh ji

"If the Sikh, as he was born, had ever been afforded opportunities of spiritual isolation from the rest of the world, to develop his powers of self-realisation, and his instincts of art and agriculture and colonisation, his would have been by now, one of the best societies of divinely inspired labourers, of saint-soldiers living by the sweat of their brow". "But Brahminism was there to engulf it from within. His political temper, the result of his complete mental liberation and his passionate love of liberty pitched him against the Mughals from the time of its birth. Out of the jaws of death, if the Khalsa has still come out, there is much hope for it yet. All is not yet lost".

Indeed Professor Puran Singh Ji a great GurSikh. I loved hearing about Bhai Sahib's jeevni. Bhai Sukha Singh told about his early life and how he met Bhai Sahib Bhai Vir Singh Ji.

I have it recorded and will upload to YouTube when I get a chance, i know you all will also love it. I got goosebumps hearing it.

Guest dasguruka

Koi kehnda Ji Gurbani nu aiddan paarrho ehda a arth nikalda. Koi kehnda aiddan parro. Gurbani de arth karn di lorrh ni. Eh Jo likheya ohi hai. Apni budhi Na leayo ehde vich. - Sant Waryam Singh Ji Rara Sahib wale

Gurbani is a mantra and has to be meditated upon by naam simran.It is then it will have effect on the seeker.

Our Gurus gave us a simple path.Those who are not able to read and write they can get spiritually elevated

by naam simran of Gurumantra, waheguru.

Jo prani Gobind dhiave

Paria anparia param gatt pave

SGGS ji

Waheguru, is the only mantra that one needs as well.

What is interesting is that the naads and sounds actually hit specific meridian points when we pronounce them correctly.

Below is something I quoted from a Yogi Bhajan lecture in another thread.

The Science of Naad and Gurbani

Naad means "the essence of all sounds." All languages contain sounds which relate to one or more of the

five elements of air, fire, water, earth and ether. Gurbani is a perfect combination and permutation of

sounds relating to all the five elements in complete balance. When Guru Arjan Dev, the fifth Guru Nanak,

compiled Siri Guru Granth Sahib in 1604, he only put in those banis which were in naad. These

compositions were called Gurbani.

When we break up the words, "Siri Guru Granth Sahib," into their naad, the syllables of each word tell the

essence of the meaning of Siri Guru Granth Sahib. Every word has a naad, and every naad has a

combination.

How Naad Works In Recitation of Gurbani

There are eighty-four meridian points on the upper palate of a human's mouth. One can feel that upper

palate with the tongue and experience its different surfaces. There are two rows of meridian points on the

upper palate and on the gum behind the upper teeth. The tongue stimulates those meridian points, and

they in turn stimulate the hypothalamus which makes the pineal gland radiate. When the pineal gland

radiates, it creates an impulse in the pituitary gland. When the pituitary gland gives impulses, the entire

glandular system secretes and a human being obtains bliss. This is the science.

Gurbani is the combination of the tongue with the meridian points. When you read and recite Gurbani, it

stimulates your hypothalamus. It is totally different than any scriptures because Gurbani is made in a

scientific way. One who knows the naad, knows the aad, which is the primal creativity. One who knows

the aad is Parameshwar, the supreme God.

The whole language of Gurbani has the power to make a person divine, just in its recitation, if done

correctly. One need not be concerned with the meaning to experience a change in consciousness. Bani has

to be understood by the heart, not by the head. There is no power in the head; it is in the heart. The lead

is for God and the heart is for you. That is why Guru Gobind Singh asked for the head, and not for the

heart. "Whosoever lives with head to God and heart for self, that prayer is complete." (Siri Singh Sahib

Yogi Bhajan)

I know that we don't have many YB or yoga fans on here for that matter, but let's not go off topic with the usual 3HO business, but just pay attention to some of the science explained.

We know that some people will just parrot paaths and gurbani without understanding anything and they will always feel something just from the recitation alone.

I am not promoting or condemning this, but we can understand why they feel that way and how the correct pronouncing of the naad can invoke these feelings.

I have heard from many Sikhs that they feel anand and inner warmth just from uttering the gurbani with their tongue, even if they don't understand it.

Yogis knew about body science and did yogic practice to awaken kundalini which they consider is

coiled under spine.They did balance energy channels in body to awaken kundalini.When kundalini

is awakened they felt bliss.

But Guru sahib rejected that path.Guru sahibans told us that for a Gursikh to awaken kundalini is

Naam japna in company of sat sangat .hence we need not to follow intricate yogic procedures.

Kundalini surjhi satsangat parmanand guru mukhi macha

Kundalini is awakened in company of satsangat

Through word of Guru they enjoy parmanand (ultimate bliss)

SGGS ji