Hats

Guest Daas

That seems very extreme.

I'm not sure I like this. What about people who don't keep their hair in the first place, i.e. 99.9999% of the people in this world.

This is only for amritdhari Sikhs.Sache patshah wants only amritdharis.

ਚੌਪਈ Chaupai

ਹੋਇ ਸਿਖ ਸਿਰ ਟੋਪੀ ਧਰੈ । ਸਾਤ ਜਨਮ ਕੁਸ਼ਟੀ ਹੁਇ ਮਰੈ If a Sikh wears a hat, he shall suffer through seven life times as a leper.

ਜੋ ਸਿਖ ਗਲ ਮਹਿ ਤਾਗਾ ਮੇਲੈ । ਚੌਪੜ ਬਾਜ਼ੀ ਗਨਿਕਾ ਖੇਲੈ । ੪ । The Sikh who wears the Hindu thread around his neck, gambles or visits a prostitute,

ਜਨਮ ਸੁਆਨ ਪਾਵੈਗਾ ਕੋਟਿ । ਬੀਜਯੋ ਹਾਥ ਬੁਰਾ ਇਸ ਖੋਟ Shall be born as a dog a hundred thousand times, for the evil seed produces evil fruit.

ਪਾਗ ਉਤਾਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਜੋ ਖਾਵੈ । ਸੋ ਸਿਖ ਕੁੰਭੀ ਨਰਕ ਸਿਧਾਵੈ । ੫ । The Sikh who removes his turban while eating, goes to the worst of hells.

ਚੌਪਈ Chaupai

ਹੋਇ ਸਿਖ ਸਿਰ ਟੋਪੀ ਧਰੈ । ਸਾਤ ਜਨਮ ਕੁਸ਼ਟੀ ਹੁਇ ਮਰੈ If a Sikh wears a hat, he shall suffer through seven life times as a leper.

ਜੋ ਸਿਖ ਗਲ ਮਹਿ ਤਾਗਾ ਮੇਲੈ । ਚੌਪੜ ਬਾਜ਼ੀ ਗਨਿਕਾ ਖੇਲੈ । ੪ । The Sikh who wears the Hindu thread around his neck, gambles or visits a prostitute,

ਜਨਮ ਸੁਆਨ ਪਾਵੈਗਾ ਕੋਟਿ । ਬੀਜਯੋ ਹਾਥ ਬੁਰਾ ਇਸ ਖੋਟ Shall be born as a dog a hundred thousand times, for the evil seed produces evil fruit.

ਪਾਗ ਉਤਾਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਜੋ ਖਾਵੈ । ਸੋ ਸਿਖ ਕੁੰਭੀ ਨਰਕ ਸਿਧਾਵੈ । ੫ । The Sikh who removes his turban while eating, goes to the worst of hells.

Lol nice one Singh123456777 thats telling them ! :lol2:

No he doesn't. What you posted technically isn't gurbani. You do know that some rehatnamea contradict each other so we must follow gurbani and those retinamaea are NOT gurbani.

can you quote exactly which guru's said that and where it is quoted - instead of randomly making stuff up.

The Gurus don't care what you wear or don't wear all they care about is your love towards God. If by wearing a hat makes you love God less or makes you egotistical then don't wear it.

No he doesn't. What you posted technically isn't gurbani. You do know that some rehatnamea contradict each other so we must follow gurbani and those retinamaea are NOT

I am not even gonna argue with you because it gets me nowhere.When I die I am not gonna be applauded and rewarded some points by dharam raja for debating with you.

I totally disagree with you on that, by saying "Sache patshah wants only amritdharis" you're going against one of Guru Nanak's most profound teachings. Naa koi Hindu, naa koi Musalman. God isn't a "man in the sky" who's interested in religious labels. God is within each and every one of us, and it's up to us to take the Guru's advice to discover Waheguru's wonder through meditation, hard work, honest living, truth and serving humanity.

I totally disagree with you on that, by saying "Sache patshah wants only amritdharis" you're going against one of Guru Nanak's most profound teachings. Naa koi Hindu, naa koi Musalman. God isn't a "man in the sky" who's interested in religious labels. God is within each and every one of us, and it's up to us to take the Guru's advice to discover Waheguru's wonder through meditation, hard work, honest living, truth and serving humanity.

There was a sakhi where a Mona wanted guru ji to eat his food.Guru ji said no why should I eat your food when you did not take my Amrit.

So are you saying Amrit is not needed?

I couldn't have said it any better. :biggrin2:

Page 251, Line 4

ਅਨਿਕ ਭੇਖ ਅਰੁ ਙਿਆਨ ਧਿਆਨ ਮਨਹਠਿ ਮਿਲਿਅਉ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥

अनिक भेख अरु ङिआन धिआन मनहठि मिलिअउ न कोइ ॥

Anik bẖekẖ ar ńi▫ān ḏẖi▫ān manhaṯẖ mili▫a▫o na ko▫e.

By all sorts of religious robes, knowledge, meditation and stubborn-mindedness, no one has ever met God.

Guru Arjan Dev

Page 352, Line 1

ਅਧਿਕ ਤਿਆਸ ਭੇਖ ਬਹੁ ਕਰੈ ॥

अधिक तिआस भेख बहु करै ॥

Aḏẖik ṯi▫ās bẖekẖ baho karai.

Excessive thirst for Maya makes people wear all sorts of religious robes.

Guru Nanak Dev

ਸੋਰਠਾ

Sortha

ਕੰਘਾ ਦੋਵੇਂ ਵਕਤ ਕਰ ਪੱਗ ਚੁਣੇ ਕਰ ਬਾਂਧਈ

One should comb their hair and tie their turban twice a day,

ਦਾਤਨ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਤ ਨੀਤ ਨਾ ਦੁਖ ਪਾਵੈ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ ॥ (੨੩)

Should clean the teeth, O Lal Ji, this way one will never suffer.