Most Inspirational Incidents (Ithaas)

SikhKosh

Great to see your posts once again Paji.

My top 5 would be the birth of the Khalsa Panth, Shaheedi (Jagat Qurbani) of Dhan Dhan Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj, Shaheedi (Jagat Qurbani) of Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj, Shaheedian of Bhai Mati Das Ji, Bhai Sati Das Ji and Bhai Dayala Ji and anything from the life of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj such as the Muslim Pir who tried to kill Guru Sahib and Bhai Mardana Ji (as the first Sikh for having renounced Islam) as Guru Sahib explained that ... in stark contradiction to Christian, Muslim and Hindu philosphy (where slaves, dalits and women are oppressed) ... it is the poor, the weak and the oppressed who are in fact more "noble" and closer to God via their righteous actions.

• 8 years later...
On 1/11/2014 at 6:36 PM, SikhKosh said:

We as Sikhs have a rich and beautiful history with many many beautiful Sakhis, historical events that are so inspiring for everyone.

When explaining non Sikhs about Sikh history, one can't go into details about all the good that happened between 1469 and now; we have to select a few Sakhis to 'hold their interest'.

If you had to choose 3 or 5 incidents from all of Sikh ithaas to tell a non Sikh briefly, what would those be?

I would definitely include a brief explanation of Guru Nanak Sahibs Udaasis, Shahadat of 9th Patshah for human rights, Bhai Kanhaiya Jis Sakhi and Jassa Singh rescuing 2200 kidnapped Hindu women.

Great topic @SikhKosh

I think Equality in Sikhi can be exemplified through: Langar, Khalsa Sajna Divas, Maharajah Ranjt Singh's Darbar treating Hindus and Muslims well and appointing them based on their competence rather than Religion alone.

Warrior/Sipahi/Integrity Aspect of Sikhi (too many to mention all) but some that come to mind immediately are : Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji's Shaheedi, various battles fought by Sikh Fauj post Dasam Patshah, rescue of Hindu women from Afghanistan

I think the more someone learns of Sikhi, the more they would be impressed