Vote - November 2nd - Elections

Diljot Kaur

He wanted to go in there, exploit the resources, and come out.
If you provide even a shred of evidence of war profiteering on Bush's part, I promise to completely re-evaluate my position on the war.

Your central claim rests in the picture of George W. Bush being an angry, heartless monster who thought risking the lives of thousands of people was less important than fattening his pocketbook.

Do you think any rational person believes that? Because only the world of conspiracy theorists would buy something like that.

If you can't provide any evidence of war profiteering, then your entire argument collapses.

He didn't go and kill anybody, but he put a lot of people in a position where they couldn't decide whether or not they wanted to be involved in the war - and they had to fight or die.

Vaaheguroo! Vaaheguroo! Vaaheguroo!

So Guru Gobind Singh Jee is in the same category then? Anybody who wages war is guilty of bad karms regardless of a) the outcome of the war and b) the justification behind the war?

That's very solid logic Kulpreet Singh.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's possible that GWB is just stupid and didn't mean for all these people die and for his top government executives to make so much money in Iraq.

And it's totally possible that GWB really just wanted to see Iraqi women letting their hair down and Iraqi kids eating McDonalds...

who knows what his bhaavnaa was

Like I said - judging him is not my job and I'm not saying he wanted to cause death like Hitler. I'm not comparing him to Hitler and previously that was not my intent either.

But I do think - and all those websites I provided above also further show that he is motivated to look out for the interests of rich, White Americans, and in the pursuit of their happiness he has - irresponsibly - caused a lot of suffering for a lot of less fortunate people in America AND Iraq. And for those reasons he's not suitable as a President of the USA.

Ok, I'll expand my previous question: Provide evidence of anyone in George W. Bush's inner circle profiteering from the war.

Why is it so hard to accept that Bush had well intentioned reasons to go into Iraq? Why is that such a shocking proposition?

The people running against Bush today both thought that Saddam was a "threat", they even called him an "imminent" threat, something Bush never did.

In the months leading up to the war, I followed the news closely and George W. Bush offered at least a half dozen compelling rationales to go to war.

I've seen this guy on TV for over 4 years now, and I honestly do not think that I've been blind to some hidden evil agenda of war profiteering and putting monetary interests above the lives of soldiers and civilians.

I'll accept that you have a reasonable argument to be against the war if you move away from war profiteering accusations and if you move towards other arguments. (You'll still be wrong, just not as outrageously wrong)

He didn't go and kill anybody, but he put a lot of people in a position where they couldn't decide whether or not they wanted to be involved in the war - and they had to fight or die.

Vaaheguroo! Vaaheguroo! Vaaheguroo!

So Guru Gobind Singh Jee is in the same category then? Anybody who wages war is guilty of bad karms regardless of a) the outcome of the war and b) the justification behind the war?

That's very solid logic Kulpreet Singh.

no!

Guru Gobind SIngh jee is NOT in the same category.

Guru Gobind SIngh jee never FORCED anybody to enter into war.

Guru Gobind Singh jee never OBLIGATED the enemy to fight with him, and Guru Gobind SIngh jee never took decisions without consulting the Gursikhs.

1) Guru GObind Singh jee is the king of the universe

2) He fought for righteousness and protection of the ultimate truth

3) His soldiers were uchee avasthaa Gursikhs who wanted to fight and KNEW why they were fighting

1) GWB is a simple manukh

2) He is fighting for the security

of Rich White Americans

3) His soldiers arent' sure why they are in Iraq, besides the rhetoric on American pro-war pamphlets.

please do not ever compare my Guru to GWB again :lol:

thank you

Simple : No one can just go into some country and kill thousands of innocent peoples (not counting their military).. Just because they celebrate the tragic event of 9/11. You can't justify that with the death of thousands of innocent bystanders, family, kids, old ppls and so on.. not mentioning destroying their whole System.. social, national and so on.. Predicting that Suddam will destroy world with Imagenary **Weapons of mass destruction** is currently not strong case !!

GW did huge mistake in sending troops to Iraq !!

Republicans Always mess up !! It's in their history... Reagen messed up the whole Economy decades ago and WE are still paying that load RIGHT now.. Then Bush SR. messed up and now Bush Jr. is messing up everything !!!

Vicky Singh,

So you're saying that Iraq would have been better off with Saddam currently in power?

Think long term. Don't be clouded by the short term attempts of terrorists in their drive to prevent democracy from estabilishing itself.

Long term, as long as the Americans stay the course, Iraq will be a success story, without a doubt.

okay I do not have the time to search for statistical evidence, wire taps from the oval office, and more

i feel it's obvious but it's not fair to Japnaam Singh veerjee that i cannot provide the evidence

therefore I humbly request your permission to excuse myself from this discussion

I think GWB's bhaavnaa was not in accordance with gurmat when he decided to wage war ON iraq

I also think GWB's approach and strategy to waging war IN iraq was not in accordance with gurmat either

Finally I think GWB knows what he did, does not want to admit it, and wants to pretend like his actions were completely justified

Therefore I think GWB is not a reliable, accountable, responsible or trustworthy leader.

That's all I wanted to say in essence.

please forgive any mistakes I made.

meri math thhoree raam thoo(n) samrathh vaddaa

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!!

Kulpreet Singh,

I didn't compare GWB to Guru Gobind Singh Jee. I merely pointed out that your logic of "all war is bad, all of the time, regardless of the outcome or justifications" generalizes anybody who has ever engaged in war in all of history.

The vast majority of the armed forces support GWB for re-election. Like around 70 - 80%. For a group of people who doesn't want to fight, they seem awfully supportive of their president's re-election.

i feel it's obvious but it's not fair to Japnaam Singh veerjee that i cannot provide the evidence

I commend your ability to back down from an argument when you realized that were was absolutely no evidence to back up your claims.

You are entitled to your opinions, however, claims of war profiteering usually have to have at least some basis in reality.

Killed 15, 000 Iraqi Civillians and counting

Went to war for WMD...not one single stash was found

No link whatsoever between al qaeda and Iraq

Cost the american economy billions

Cost the american budget billions

Has created the largest mess, surpassing vietnam war

Denies stem cell research

Wanna really liberate a country from real opression?

Try North Korea...yeah like america would have the balls to step up to them.

ask the soldiers in Iraq if what they feel they are doing is right.