Singh Converts To Christianity

Guest MrHSinghK

someone should ask that jasvinder oven ...What is he doing over here now? has he come to tell the other sikh people that he is now christian ..... and he may be a fake person who has nothing in his mind but has anti sikh propaganda ... leave this loser here and don't give him any lesson...I m really wondering how do you guys start explaining the things when this forum only requires email id and nothing else....no any Id proof or document ............ had ho gyi..pta nai kedhe pablpusse wich pe jande ho sheti sheti....

My True Story...

Dear Friends,

With great sadness I wish to inform you that on 22nd of April 2014, I was arrested by the Bangalore police on the complaint of one of the local sangat members that I had defamed him and other members of the Gurdwara committee with my derogatory remarks. Those who have read my previous posts must be aware with the Gurdwara committee with regard to some Panthic issues. No one from the local or online sangat of this forum came forward to help me or even find find out how I was.

Last night my family somehow managed to bail me out after borrowing money from here and there and now the result is that we are left penniless with even no food to eat.

I am extremely saddened by the indifference of my Sikh brothers and sisters and and their selfishness which prevented them from helping their brother in such great trouble.

My 21 day ordeal in the Bangalore central jail as quite traumatic as I landed up there virtually penniless and contrary to popular belief, stay in the prison is not free. Firstly you have to buy your own toiletries and next there are two warders for every barrack who need to be paid fifty rupees each by each prisoner per week if you dont want to put to labour job such as sweeping the jail, cleaning toilets etc. Next you every prisoner has to pay 50 rupees per month to the jail electrician failing which the fans of the barrick will be stitched off and the mosquitoes will kill you in no time. The same goes for water supply as well. Finally each prisoner has to pay rupees fifty per week to the police men of the barrack to keep out of trouble with them.

Since I had no money with me, I was tortured emotionally and morally for the first two days and I collapsed from the hard labour and spent the third day in jail hospital and got back to the barrack on the fourth day.

One warder from the next barrack suggested me that he could help me if I cooperated with me. The deal was that he ran a small shop in the jail selling bidis, cigarettes, tobacco, ganja, gutka and other drugs and if I agreed to man that shop every day, he would bear all my expenses till such time that I was in jail. The Sikh in me flatly refused to even agree to such a ridiculous proposition but having known that I had been shunned by my whole community either on its own accord or by held to ransom by the bullying tactics of one individual or several individuals, it was time to seek my survival first. The Sikh in me died a little bit of painful death every day and it became more painful with the realisation that my own brothers and sisters had done this to me. As if this was not enough I had to live in the smoke of bidis, cigarettes and ganja 24 hours a day. This was the reward given to me by my community from being born as a Sikh and having been a god fearing Sikh till my arrest.

For once I could forgive those responsible for 1984 because non Sikhs were responsible for the carnage were non Sikhs but how could forgive my own people who killed the Sikh inside me and refused to help me out? I now understand why our sisters and daughter seek to marry non Sikhs because if this is the example we set before them, they will hardly consider any Sikh male to be suitable as their life partner.

Since the entire Sikh community has united against me and shunned me, I to have taken the very painful decision of renouncing Sikhism and embracing Christianity as my religion and my faith. I have chosen Christianity as it is a religion based on love and forgiveness and will help me forgive those who wronged me so terribly.

I am sorry if I have hurt anyone's feelings and I pray to god to give me the courage to forgive every one who hurt me knowingly or unknowingly and also give me the courage to spend the rest of my life as a god fearing Christian.

Thanks,

Jasvinder Obhan.

jasvinderstar@gmail.com

that's such a sad story pa ji! And i'm really sorry on behalf of our Sikh brothers and sisters.

I don't blame you for converting because times like that are very ahrd to get through but I personally feel that this may have been your test!

We have had so many example set for us by saheed Siinghs and Kaurs who have been tortured to death but not changed religion!

I thoughts sikhs became saheeds rather than lose their sikhi, at least that's what Bhai Taru Singh JI, Bhai Mati Dass ji etc etc and the 4 Sahibzadeh etc did, or should they have accepted the alternatives offered and the blamed the sangat etc etc. ??

In all fairness, above sikh khalsa shaheeds were poran bhramgyanis- bedah mukht/turiya avastha wale so excepting all sikhs (learners) to be like them is not fair as faith bulding, tests, adapting santokh virtues, avastha building takes time, its sehaj spiritual development process of one's sikhi.

I think if most of us walk in his shoes or overall victim shoes and go through real test of faith then very few handful-extremely fortunate ones will survive full kusati of sikhi. Thats why we ask maharaj to keep bless us with santokh and daulan tu bachayo maharaj . Every single breath is a test for a sikh, ever single moment is a test for sikh to wake up from advidya(maya/ignorance) or keep sleeping endless sleep of avidya-ignorance/maya. Sometimes sikh pass and sometimes sikh fail , its ok its slowly spiritual development process- acknowledge shortcoming, learn from it and move on.

We need to acknowledge, It isn't easy to apply the teachings of sikhi fully one literally has to die before one phsyically die- satguru angad dev ji, satguru amar das maharaj went through rigirous test to show test of faith/love, baba farid took out his full eye out for test of his murshid give it, panj pyares gave full five heads not just phsycially but gave their tan and surrender their mind - kam, krodh, lob, moh, ahankar and in return they got amrit immortality.

So i don't think we should undermine what he went through but instead do ardas for him, apply some sort of compassion what he went through try to walk a mile in his shoes and we should look at overall issues to handle this problem affecting the sikh community, its not a strech to say punjabi sikh community overall is suffering from serious issues like ostracization, defamation, vilification, stigmatization, ghetto ism, segregation, exclusiveness, self entitled,self absorbed,self righteous with ego/fake pride, parnioaism within the community so much so it will probably require teachers in school to register - humantarian/egalitarianism course for punjabi community if community or 2nd/3rd generation kids don't adapt normal humantarian/egalitarian values , sri akaal ustat gurbani pristine values- see sikhi from humantarian/egalitarianism- sri akaal ustat eyes than from tribal eyes and I m not being racist as i am punjabi as well with jatt last name (not that it matters) I just happen to extremely lucky with sangat of many mahapursh to see thing as is from eagle eyes with 360 degree world view perception.

To make it simple, the issue is many sikhs who have taken amrit they bring their punjabi samosa tribal community poltics with them and have super imposed themselves on sikh dharma. instead of adapting gurmat virtues - sat-truth-honesty/integrity, santokh, dya, dharam, advait, ek dristhi etc.

In all fairness, above sikh khalsa shaheeds were poran bhramgyanis- bedah mukht/turiya avastha wale so excepting all sikhs (learners) to be like them is not fair as faith bulding, tests, adapting santokh virtues, avastha building takes time, its sehaj spiritual development process of one's sikhi.
I think if most of us walk in his shoes or overall victim shoes and go through real test of faith then very few handful-extremely fortunate ones will survive full kusati of sikhi. Thats why we ask maharaj to keep bless us with santokh and daulan tu bachayo maharaj . Every single breath is a test for a sikh, ever single moment is a test for sikh to wake up from advidya(maya/ignorance) or keep sleeping endless sleep of avidya-ignorance/maya. Sometimes sikh pass and sometimes sikh fail , its ok its slowly spiritual development process- acknowledge shortcoming, learn from it and move on.
We need to acknowledge, It isn't easy to apply the teachings of sikhi fully one literally has to die before one phsyically die- satguru angad dev ji, satguru amar das maharaj went through rigirous test to show test of faith/love, baba farid took out his full eye out for test of his murshid give it, panj pyares gave full five heads not just phsycially but gave their tan and surrender their mind - kam, krodh, lob, moh, ahankar and in return they got amrit immortality.
So i don't think we should undermine what he went through but instead do ardas for him, apply some sort of compassion what he went through try to walk a mile in his shoes and we should look at overall issues to handle this problem affecting the sikh community, its not a strech to say punjabi sikh community overall is suffering from serious ostracization, defamation, vilification, stigmatization, ghetto ism, segregation, exclusiveness, self entitled,self absorbed,self righteous with ego/fake pride, parnioaism issues so much so it will probably require teachers in school to register - humantarian/egalitarianism course for punjabi community if community or 2nd generation kids don't adapt normal humantarian/egalitarian values , sri akaal ustat gurbani pristine values- see sikhi from humantarian/egalitarianism- sri akaal ustat eyes than from tribal eyes and I m not being racist as i am punjabi as well with jatt last name (not that it matters) I just happen to extremely lucky with sangat of many mahapursh to see thing as is from eagle eyes with 360 perception.
To make it simple, the issue is many sikhs who have taken amrit they bring their punjabi samosa tribal community poltics with them and have super imposed themselves on sikh dharma. instead of adapting gurmat virtues - sat-truth-honesty/integrity, santokh, dya, dharam, advait, ek dristhi etc.

oh well that's ok then, as soon as someone wants to convert lets all be very understanding because its not there fault its because they were not a brahmgiani and that the real reason !!! :no:

Its jevoh witness knocking on sikhsangat door. Can we come in.....we are only here to take you away from the true Guru and fill our pockets with your money....can we pretty please come in....im on the clock...

Notice how there is no case number provided for court case. No story why exactly he was arrested. No detail of his remarks that got him in so called jail. This guy needs a desi rehabilitation program. Whoever catches up to this poster should provide with one and ask which faceless master of yours told you to come and post these lies here.

Well its sad he is leaving and i already mentioned the following* to him bro..I don't agree with him converting but its understandable how vulnerable person who are still progressing building up faith in sikhi can revolt back ugly when they get pushed to corner.
*You can still be sikh without tribal sikh community issue baggage. I highly recommend you - take a break - disconnect totally from past and sikh community issue and start fresh as you were new born- read sri guru granth sahib ji as new born naturally learn with sehaj do sehaj patt of gurbani- shabad will itself bring you back in sikhi fold in one point or another.

Sorry to hear your story and it is dissapointing that you had gone through such an ordeal. But veerjee to reject Gurus path because of some bad apples within the community? There are people like that in all communities even within the Christain community. Secondly I am not sure its fair to say 'the entire Sikh panth' rejected you because I dont think everyone knew of your ordeal; I certainly didnt. I am sure had your ordeal been more wider known certainly someone would have assisted. Sikhs world wide are known to give and assist.

Its dissapointing that it took 21 days for you to decide that. You should thank Vaaheguru that you are out of that ordeal now.

Finally, you say after your ordeal you decided to adopt a new faith simply because you feel the Sikh Community (as I said earlier not the entire community) didnt assist you? Although I can understand your disspointment when you feel people to be there for you but they never was; however that doesnt seem logical to have faith in Jesus and the bible after 21 days without even researching it but your reasons are beacuse of the Sikh public. In a sense that means you are not being true to Gurus path and you must not really have faith in the Bible or Jesus because your reason to join them is simply out of anger or bitterness not because you really have faith in it.

Veerjee dont decide on such a thing, no disprespect to Christains but in reality read about the Pagan God Mithra who people believed in a couple hundred years before the story of Christ, its basically the same so in a sense Jesus story is probably the pagan story but mixed and macthed to make it this wonderful charecter who people call Jesus that followed One god because Mithras father was the Sun God. In other words may be he never really exsisted, why choose this out of bitterness when you have such a jewel in your reach.

I would suggest brother to just relax and take time out.. dont blame Guru for peoples actions. Guru Sahib is perfect and loves you no matter what. Look at the saaki of the Chaali Muktae and the Vadhaava they wrote to Guru Sahib but he still lovingly took them as his SIkhs when they realised they made a mistake. Guru Sahib had Bhai Mahaa Singh in his laps; thats how piaara our Guru is. Guru Sahib loves you, us all. Remember what Guru Jee says Ja tau prem khian ka chaao sir dhar tali gali meri aao.

Its at Guru sahibs door where to play the game of unconditional love.

I do ardaas for you veer jeeo

Many thanks.

I have talked about the caste man not about race.....obama became a president of Usa.....it shows how these western white people have high morals and thinking.... will you go out to vote any dalit being a jatt or khatri.... i bet you ll never

Do not treat a few rotten casteist eggs the same as the wider Sikh community.

True Sikhs do not beleive in any caste system.

So i don't think we should undermine what he went through but instead do ardas for him, apply some sort of compassion what he went through try to walk a mile in his shoes and we should look at overall issues to handle this problem affecting the sikh community, its not a strech to say punjabi sikh community overall is suffering from serious issues like ostracization, defamation, vilification, stigmatization, ghetto ism, segregation, exclusiveness, self entitled,self absorbed,self righteous with ego/fake pride, parnioaism within the community so much so it will probably require teachers in school to register - humantarian/egalitarianism course for punjabi community if community or 2nd/3rd generation kids don't adapt normal humantarian/egalitarian values , sri akaal ustat gurbani pristine values- see sikhi from humantarian/egalitarianism- sri akaal ustat eyes than from tribal eyes and I m not being racist as i am punjabi as well with jatt last name (not that it matters) I just happen to extremely lucky with sangat of many mahapursh to see thing as is from eagle eyes with 360 degree world view perception.

So in your opinion only a brahm gyaani should follow the principles of Sikhi?

All other Sikhs are excempt????????

And you stil consider yourself a 360 degree eagle eyed whatever by using your nonsensical tribal name??????

You are truly a genious.