Singh And Kaur As Surename

I was just thinking about what the percentages of Sikhs who use Singh and Kaur in their surnames and how this differs within the various Sikh communities.

ie I Have noticed that The Bhatra Sikh community in particular nearly always ie in 99% of cases have Singh or Kaur as their official surname. You will rarely see that they keep any other surnames. But Ive noticed That the Jatt community nearly always have their family names and never have Singh or Kaur as their last name. They will not even have Singh or Kaur as a middle name.

Is this not going against the Sikh faith by not keeping Singh or Kaur as the main Sure-name?

well...That's why we assume today...This world is full of sikh hypocrites.. what we have been ordered we can't follow but what has not been ordered...we are ready to follow...(eagerly) ..

Now see..those who call themselves as sikh from jatt and khatri background..They are being disgrace to sikhism today(actually)... because these two backgrounds have ripped off the sikhi to great extent...

our surnames

help us identify the ancestral roots

they help us snot marrying with our long last relatives

other then that there is no use of surnames.

yes we should keep surnames but not to make caste differences

WJKK WJKF

Surnames may help for sikhs not to intermarriage, however in my opinion after the hukam of Shiri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, it should be used as knowledge and not a surname. Singh and Kaur should only be used. Unfortunately the main reason for surnames is simply to display you belong to a particular caste and nothing more.

WJKK WJKF

lol....you can see now...most of guys favoring caste names...except that "sikhseeker"...

but at last stupidity of sikhs redefined...yes, we form a world of hypocrite sikhs.............

what we have been ordered ..we can't follow...but what has not been ordered ...we are ready to follow...(eagerly)

lol....you can see now...most of guys favoring caste names...except that "sikhseeker"...

but at last stupidity of sikhs redefined...yes, we form a world of hypocrite sikhs.............

what we have been ordered ..we can't follow...but what has not been ordered ...we are ready to follow...(eagerly)

WJKK WJKF

....agreed....100%

The title Singh or Kaur is earned when a person takes Amrit, the required sacrifice is that you have offered your head at the feet of the Akal Purakh I.e: complete submission to the path of Sikhi. Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not Become Gobind Singh until he took Amrit prior to this he was known as Gobind Rai.

Therefore you cannot use the title Singh or Kaur until you take Amrit. The Guru himself did not take the title Singh without taking amrit. Using Singh or Kaue without taking Amrit is Beadbi as you hAve not made the required sacrifice hence have not earned the title. Just as you cannot become a doctor or Lord without earning the neccesary credentials.

The title Singh or Kaur is earned when a person takes Amrit, the required sacrifice is that you have offered your head at the feet of the Akal Purakh I.e: complete submission to the path of Sikhi. Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not Become Gobind Singh until he took Amrit prior to this he was known as Gobind Rai.

Therefore you cannot use the title Singh or Kaur until you take Amrit. The Guru himself did not take the title Singh without taking amrit. Using Singh or Kaue without taking Amrit is Beadbi as you hAve not made the required sacrifice hence have not earned the title. Just as you cannot become a doctor or Lord without earning the neccesary credentials.

I haven't seen a better justification for caste system :D