Why It Is Adviced By Gurmukhs To Keep Dhyan Not At Forehead For Ghristis?

Interpreting Gurbani takes hours. So please for next time be mindful of just copying and pasting Shabads without understanding them and jumping to nit picking interpretations. I could have jumped through the jumped to your interpretations but I didn't because the shabad needs to be explained from the beginning.

I believe you skipped over the most important part of the Shabad; the Bani upto the first rahaa-o. The whole Shabad is based on what Bhagat Kabir ji says up to the first rahaa-o. To correctly interpret this Shabad the rahaa-o must be addressed.

Starting from Ang 971

Raamkalee, Second House, The Word Of Kabeer Jee:

raamkalee ghar 2 banee kabeer jee kee

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ik-oNkaar satgur parsaad.

Maya, the Trapper, has sprung her trap.

banDhach banDhan paa-i-aa.

Translator has said maya, but bandhach means, stuck in relationship. We are stuck in creational ties (relationships). Correct translation is, Creational relationships have trapped us in her trap.

The Guru, the Liberated One, has put out the fire.

muktai gur anal bujhaa-i-aa.

What fire is Bhagat Kabir ji speaking of above? It is the fire of ignorance. The Brahmin said the women are evil due to their ignorance and did not allow her into the Holy Hindu temple. Women do not allow us to become liberated. The Yogis ran away from the world due to ignorance thinking normal everyday life was evil (attached to us to bondage). Yogis further ran away from the function of eating, drinking nourishing the body and like the todayKundalini practisers, ran to the aid of the breath. The Yogis lived for thousands of years, but still could not take the darkness, the fire of ignorance away. The Pandits study for many years they still could not stop the burning fire of ignorance. Many ways, methods, and techniques are tried, but none brought the fire of ignorance to a halt. Through these other methods the fire keeps on burning. What did Bhagat Kabir ji do as this Shabad says? Bhagat ji sat at the feet of Satguru Guru Nanak and said you are my protector.

When I came to understand this mind, from the tips of my toes to the crown of my head,

jab nakh sikh ih man cheenHaa.

What mind is Bhagat Kabir ji speaking of that controls the body from head to all the way to the feets toe nail? Bhagat ji is speaking of Vaheguru here. With Satgurus kirpa I, Bhagat Kabir ji have understood Vaheguru. It will be explained later why Kabir ji is talking about Vaheguru here and not just the human body. Bhagat ji also says here that I have understood the creation of Vaheguru. Once I understood Vaheguru, then in the next line Bhagat ji says the following happened.

then I took my cleansing bath, deep within my self.

tab antar majan keenHaa.

The fire, the filth, the maya of ignorance has gone and now I have become pure after realizing Vaheguru. To get rid of the ignorance this is the cleanse bath deep within. Bhagat ji has achieved this highest exalted state.

The mind, the master of the breath, abides in the state of supreme bliss.

pavanpat unman rahan kharaa.

The mind (controller) Vaheguru is supreme bliss. The human mind is not the controller (master) of the breath. By controlling the breath, which the Kudanalini practisers try to do, the mind is not controlled or the fire is not burnt out. The breath is materialistic, a part of creation (5 elements) and its control amounts not to the ultimate state, not even a glimpse. Neither does one have to control the breath to achieve the supreme bliss Bhagat ji says above. Those that control the breath are in ignorance, maya and have not escaped the Dharm Raj (Death).

There is no death, no re-birth, and no aging for me now. ||1||Pause||

nahee mirat na janam jaraa. ||1|| rahaa-o.

This is where it becomes perfectly clear that Bhagat ji is not speaking about the body, but speaking of Vaheguru as the body, mind, and supreme bliss. Bhagat Ji says above there is no old age for him after become mukht (liberated). If he was talking about the body then Bhagat ji is kidding himself. Bhagat jis body and human mind (physical brain) got old and grey. However Bhagat ji, his true essence, true self after receiving the kirpa of Satguru was released from death, re-birth and old age.

After understanding the above we can go further and interpret the Shabad. The above is the most crucial part as you can see above. Those attached to Yoga (Kundalini yoga, Hatha Yoga, etc) are told to stop their acts in ignorance of third eye and everything. Bhagat ji gives the instructions of taking Satguru Nanak as their protector and then walk.

Turning away from materialism, I have found intuitive support.

ultee lay sakat sahaaraN.

Bhagat ji is saying I have turned away from maya and received release from ignorance.

I have entered into the sky of the mind, and opened the Tenth Gate.

paiseelay gagan majhaaraN.

The chakras of the coiled Kundalini energy have been opened,

bayDhee-alay chakar bhuangaa.

and I have met my Sovereign Lord King without fear. ||2||

bhaytee-alay raa-ay nisangaa. ||2||

Everything has to be kept into context. I know those that practice Kundalini yoga will want to say Kundalini yoga opens the tenth gate, Kundalini energy and we can meet Vaheguru. But this is nit picking at Gurbani and not taking the Bani up to the Rahaao line as relevant to what Bhagat Kabir ji is saying above. Taking in the Bani up to the Rahaao line Bhagat Kabir ji is saying:

ਮੁਕਤੈ ਗੁਰਿ ਅਨਲੁ ਬੁਝਾਇਆ ॥

मुकतै गुरि अनलु बुझाइआ ॥

Mukṯai gur anal bujẖā▫i▫ā.

The Guru, the Liberated One, has put out the fire.

I understood Vaheguru and everything said above has happened for me. I did not take your ignorant path (Kundalini yoga, hatha yoga, controlling breath, etc) to accomplish the ultimate goal of meeting Vaheguru.

quote]My attachment to Maya has been eradicated;

chookee-alay moh ma-i-aasaa.

the moon energy has devoured the sun energy.

sas keeno soor giraasaa.

In the context of the Rahaao Bani this is saying that the fire of ignorance (maya) has been dispelled by spiritual knowledge (cooling energy, what is described above as moon energy).

When I was focused and merged into the all-pervading Lord,

jab kumbhak bharipur leenaa.

then the unstruck sound current began to vibrate. ||3||

tah baajay anhad beenaa. ||3||

Bhagat ji says in the Rahaao he dwelled on Vaheguru and in that context this has to be understood. Has nothing to do with focusing on the third eye point, moon energy or sun energy. These are used to give understanding for the people (yogis) who practiced hatha yoga, trying to open up Kundalini energy, tenth gate, and trying to attain liberation.

The Speaker has spoken, and proclaimed the Word of the Shabad.

baktai bak sabad sunaa-i-aa.

Bhagat ji is referring to Guru Sahib here as Bhagat ji received Gurbani from Guru Sahib.

The hearer has heard, and enshrined it in the mind.

suntai sun man basaa-i-aa.

Bhagat ji refers to himself as hearing the Guru Sahib and then dedicating himself to Gurbani.

Chanting to the Creator, one crosses over.

kar kartaa utras paaraN.

Says Kabeer, this is the essence.

kahai kabeeraa saaraN.

Now Bhagat ji tells us what Gurbani says to do. Chant, sing, listen, read to Vaheguru and you will uplift the ignorance.

The moon and the sun are both the embodiment of light.

chand sooraj du-ay jot saroop.

(I believe these are references to the two eyes. Chand/Moon left eye & Sooraj/Sun right eye)

Bhagat Kabir ji just told us two tuks above what is the essence of realizing Vaheguru, which is chanting to Vaheguru. Also he told us Vaheguru is everywhere, within the whole body not one point. Gurbani flows, so please stay in that flow. The Sun and Moon are said to have two different forms of energy. Bhagat ji is saying these two forms of energy are the light of Vaheguru. Within both of these energies is Vaheguru.

With your interpretation you are saying Vaheguru is the left eye and right eye. You are better off saying the source the power of both eyes is the light of Vaheguru. Still in the next tuk the meaning of antar does not change to mean "between". Antar still is defined as inside/within.

Within their light, is God, the incomparable.

jotee antar barahm anoop.

(This is hinting that between the light of of the eyes is God)

No where in the tuk does the word between come in Gurmukhi. Even the translators did not make this huge mistake. The word antar in Gurmukhi means inside. Inside both of these energies is Vaheguru.

O spiritual teacher, contemplate God.

kar ray gi-aanee barahm beechaar.

Here you fail to explain how Bhagat Kabir ji is still telling us to focus on Vaheguru (Shabad). If Bhagat ji was talking about the third eye point, then why didnt he say in this tuk to focus on third eye point. Also it says Brahm Veechar and Brahm is contained in his creation. How can you stop such mistakes from being made when you are following the schools of thought that do not take the ignorance away. Maybe you do not know this but third eye technique is from the yoga school of thought. If a Hindu was reading this he would say Bhagat Kabir ji is saying to contemplate on the Devta Brahm. The kundalini yoga practisers understand Gurbani from their teachings, Hindus understand Gurbani from their teaching, Muslims understand from their teachings. All come in ego (my knowledge, which is ultimately know as ignorance) and do not understand the true essence.

In this light is contained the expanse of the created universe. ||1||Pause||

jotee antar Dhari-aa pasaar. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Chalo, now i have to say Brahm is contained in his creation. Now im stuck worshipping Brahm. Brother Gurbani flows and we need to stay in this flow when it comes to interpreting Gurbani. Sorry if I used harsh language above. Just trying to deliver the point home.

Gazing upon the diamond, I humbly salute this diamond.

heeraa daykh heeray kara-o aadays.

(Bhagat Kabir Ji internally sees a bright diamond like light which he mentally bows down to)

Your interpretation is colored with yoga thought. Read the Rahaao line. The diamond in this line is none other than Vaheguru. There is no Anhad and Naad sound greater than Gurbani and no diamond greater than Gurbani. Guru Sahib gave us the Anhad and Naad sound, which is Gurbani. Also gave us the diamond. Nothing is a mystery where we have to search for it.

Says Kabeer, the Immaculate Lord is indescribable.

kahai kabeer niranjan alaykh.

Gurbani is self-explanatory. Bhagat ji tells us the diamond he was talking about is Vaheguru.

People of the world, remain awake and aware. Even though you are awake, you are being robbed, O Siblings of Destiny.

dunee-aa husee-aar baydaar jaagat musee-at ha-o ray bhaa-ee.

(Robbed of what? Precious Swas which we should be using to jap and absorb into his name. Instead we are being lead astray in worldly thoughts of hopes, wishes, desires and other negative actions)

Brother stay in context. Bhagat ji just finished talking about how we are being robbed. Yes, the things that you listed are robbing us, but again stay in the context of the Shabad. Bhagat ji here is speaking about all the different schools of thoughts that take away a persons attention from doing simran of Vaheguru and into all this ignorant stuff like third eye, kundalini, breath control hearing sounds of Anhad, Naad, seeing lights and diamonds, etc. Its all pakhand. One reason why Gurbani is universal is because it corrects all the mistakes made by every school of thought. Everyone is told the correct way.

While the Vedas stand guard watching, the Messenger of Death carries you away. ||1||Pause||

nigam husee-aar pahroo-aa daykhat jam lay jaa-ee. ||1|| rahaa-o.

He thinks that the bitter nimm fruit is a mango, and the mango is a bitter nimm. He imagines the ripe banana on the thorny bush.

neemb bha-i-o aaNb aaNb bha-i-o neembaa kaylaa paakaa jhaar.

He thinks that the ripe coconut hangs on the barren simmal tree; what a stupid, idiotic fool he is! ||1||

naalee-ayr fal saybar paakaa moorakh mugaDh gavaar. ||1||

The Lord is like sugar, spilled onto the sand; the elephant cannot pick it up.

har bha-i-o khaaNd rayt meh bikhri-o hasteeN chuni-o na jaa-ee.

Says Kabeer, give up your ancestry, social status and honor; be like the tiny ant - pick up and eat the sugar. ||2||3||12||

kahi kameer kul jaat paaNt taj cheetee ho-ay chun khaa-ee. ||2||3||12||

(Make your elephant mind so small like an ant by beating it with the shabad/gurmantar so it becomes still, stationary and thoughtless)