Mental Health

Wingz23

Lot of this is carried from previous lives. Also lot of it is picked up in this life by accepting impressions of others about us on how our family, peers etc value us. On the other hand its all in our minds. So fill your mind with positives that you are son/daughter of Whaeguru himself. He doesn't need to prove itself to anybody neither should you. Leave all your negative judgements about yourself. Make a routine to have bani, simran as part of your life. The only person you should listen to is your Guru. As time passes you will notice the new ideas sink in and your worries should leave you. If they get worst seek medical help. Know that meds are only a short term (temp) fix. Long term happiness lies with the Guru.

Fateh

I was just wondering if anyone has had first hand experiance of dealing with anxiety or depression or any kind of mental health problem? And how did you deal with it?

Thankyou guys

It depends exactly what kind of problem and what stage it has progressed to.

But most can be dealt with by addressing the underlying root cause in the majority of cases.

Medication actually masks the root cause and just deals with symptoms, so most patients end up tangled in a corkscrew effect.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:):(:(:(:( :(

Whats the matter Wingz23?

Aww LOL! I just wanted to know if anyone had experianced this... Theres alot more awarness about mental health these days... I just wanted to know how people dealth with this... Especially depression and anxiety

There is over labelling with anxiety and depression in the western world which does not help.

I disagree, the western world have spent much time and effort researching mental heath.

The issue we have is, most people will deal with mental health problems by boxing them up. But we all know, problems this can cause, majority of all health problems are related to depression or stress.

So, is it not correct to tackle these health problems by finding the root cause? Hence, tackle the mental health problems before they become physical.

I've worked in mental health and I know first hand that most 'depressed' or 'anxious' people just need to man up

Really ??

Try telling that to someone who wakes up every morning and just thinks about suicide and questions ''will today be the day?''

This person tries to sleep every night hoping never to wake up !

Yeh,, we should just say man up you fool ?