Sikhs and meat

H4RPAL

Quite honestly

Some people just come on this forum to start arguments and preach against Sikhi. It's just a waste of time. If we do enough simran we'll find the right answers, they will come to us naturally.

kabeer khoob khaanaa kheecharee jaa mehi a(n)mrith lon ||

Kabeer, the dinner of beans and rice is excellent, if it is flavored with salt.

haeraa rottee kaaranae galaa kattaavai koun ||188||

Who would cut his throat, to have meat with his bread? ||188||

I know that may be a mean thing to say, but seeing the way people can treat animals and chew on flesh that might just as well be their own, I cannot help but say that. To me, one who eats the meat of an animal is the exact same as one who eats the meat of a human. They look the same to me. Do they not bleed the same blood? sweat the same sweat? cry the same tears?

i agree with that

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo! Network's official view is that meat is against Sikhi. We will not allow any posts twisting history, twisting gurbani, or twisting FACT to support this wrong notion that meat is allowed in Sikhi in any shape or form.

We will however, keep this topic open to make posts about WHY meat is wrong. Any posts straying from this, ie personal attacks, pro-meat posts etc will be deleted without question.

We usually do not take any stand in favor of one controversial side over another, but in this case we only take this stand because of incontrivertable proof that it is against Sikhi.

Maas Muchee Dae Nerae Nehi Avanaa

-Hukamanama Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee

--Daasre

Give me a break moderator, why the intense dictatorship? Can't you fight your own battles using your knowledge instead of deleting people's posts as you will? I provided references to books and all and yet you still delete my post, why not delete posts of your buddies who twist Gurbani to prove their point? MKhalsa sure feels good to have moderators as buddies doesn't it?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

perhaps bhujangan u ave not understoofmy posts

NOT AL MEAT IS A KUREIGHT

only halal is th ebujjar kureight, and if u dont agree, dont, this is the taksal mahapushes stance

i used tot hink all meat was kureight, but after listening to sant kartaar singh jes katha on ikirtan about reight in sikhi, the explained the bujjar kureights and said it was halal, the way muslims kill t heir meat

chatka is not the kureight

so, ure idea of waving kureights doesnt make sence

perhaps u need to read my posts again

vaheguru

but taksal also says u cant go eating meat anyimte u want

just like msasturbation is not a bujjar krueight, it is still not allowed, it messes up your bhagti

just like even eating chatka is not rto be done, unless, u are fighting a dharm yudh, etc. etc.

and this is if u want, not u have to

bhula chuka maf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

perhaps bhujangan u ave not understoofmy posts

NOT AL MEAT IS A KUREIGHT

only halal is th ebujjar kureight, and if u dont agree, dont, this is the taksal mahapushes stance

i used tot hink all meat was kureight, but after listening to sant kartaar singh jes katha on ikirtan about reight in sikhi, the explained the bujjar kureights and said it was halal, the way muslims kill t heir meat

chatka is not the kureight

so, ure idea of waving kureights doesnt make sence

perhaps u need to read my posts again

vaheguru

bhula chuka maf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I believe this to be the truth as well.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo! Network's official view is that meat is against Sikhi. We will not allow any posts twisting history, twisting gurbani, or twisting FACT to support this wrong notion that meat is allowed in Sikhi in any shape or form.

We will however, keep this topic open to make posts about WHY meat is wrong. Any posts straying from this, ie personal attacks, pro-meat posts etc will be deleted without question.

We usually do not take any stand in favor of one controversial side over another, but in this case we only take this stand because of incontrivertable proof that it is against Sikhi.

Maas Muchee Dae Nerae Nehi Avanaa

-Hukamanama Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee

--Daasre

I along with most of the users on this site believe meat has no place in sikhi.....keep up the amazing seva waheguroo network ^_^

I agree with khalistani to.

although I have become vegie, I would say my personal view is theres no need for me to eat meat today, theres loads of alternatives.

and another thing is its very hard in this day and age to say wats halal and wats not, so not eating meat is the best option for me.

Guest SikhForLife

khalistani.. i agree with u 100% on this thread........ and mahavir.. i agree with u too

and mods think they know everything. . trying to enfore their definition of sikhi on others.. even threatening to delete pro meat posts.. what happened to ur no-meat discussion stand?? why the change now? AKal takhat is pro meat.. and i ask u.. is this a panthic forum?

i think this forum has truely lost its zest and character..

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

lets lay off that admin post

and as for akal takht, i dunt think we shud bring it into this, consdiering the person giving hukamnamas is a bakaumal and not even a true jathedar

the last propely elected one was baba jasbir singh je rode

and after them the only safe jathedar was baba ranjit singh je

bhula chuka maf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!