The Curse Of Being Related To Pendu's & Punjabi's

It's helpful nor accurate to simply say pendu. The only exception to to this is to those who go around claiming a pendu racial superiority. Just like modern white supremacists they are politically correct and now say it is just about 'heritage'. Not sure what heritage you take pride in learning from papa sounding like a brown neo nazi.

People in pinds are also amongst the hardest working and most oppressed... Some are the laziest and wealthiest... Some are the most amazing sikhs. So broad labels are not helpful. The same goes for people from cities.

We do have a serious backward thinking problem in our culture. It remains prevalent in thought and action despite getting education money and status. If we did not we would not have a few rss trouble makers be able to get dozens of sikhs rattling swords every few months.

This is our problem as a collective. WE have to own it and we have to change something we are doing in order to affect change. It may be start with choosing to SPEAK OUT against cheating sexism casteism tax evasion etc. in every day punjabi life. Punjabis have become part of the bolly lie fantasy in their own unique ways.

If not pendu then let's say village or small town mentality.

Point is even after migrating they are still backward-violent people.

And let's not bring caste into discussion as other links show people from various castes too being involved in such heinous crimes.

There is only one obvious if not two similarity, they all come from Punjab.

This topic should be an Eye Opener for all sisters & daughters.

They must understand psyche of their backward parents, brothers, relatives & in-laws.

Whether girls are born & brought up in west or modern society they still won't get freedom to love & marry.

THE END.

Whether girls are born & brought up in west or modern society they still won't get freedom to love & marry.

what does it mean now???

Sometimes wonder what the background is of folk that like bashing their own kind. Sikhi originated in Punjab, and people who are now living comfortably abroad like criticising their own roots and kind. I love Punjab and Punjabis. The feeling one gets when landing at Amritsar airport and driving through the pinds and jameen cannot for me described.

The decline in the morality of some Punjabis 'not specific to this case' is somewhat driven by the political situation we have endured over the last few decades. They could not kill us through physical means, so have resorted to what the US did to the Black Americans & Australia to the Aborigines. But Guru Sahib will no doubt shine his kirpa on us one day, that is a certain.

I don't think the issue highlighted here is meant to disrespect people from rural India...but it has opened up a serious issue...many people uneducated in their faith follow it as they should and as a result of this many Sikhs are not really Sikhs. They have a doped cultural values that are against sikhi. This is indeed sumthing we need to work on collectively...but the question is how?

I don't think the issue highlighted here is meant to disrespect people from rural India

Why do do you not 'think' that ?

Surely when people from an urban background are labelled 'rural' just because they've done something bad thats being disrespectful to rural folk ?

As another poster above stated, most of Punjab's terrible ills exist predominately amongst it's urban classes.

It is the urban classes that murder most of their daughters just for being female.

It is the urban classes that murder most of their daughter in laws just for not bringing enough money and gifts in dowry.

It is the urban Sikhs that have most dilluted Sikhism with Hinduism.

It is the urban classes that have mostly turned their back on their mother tongue and embraced a foreign language (Hindi).

Contrary to popular belief it is in the urban areas where drug addiction is highest.

So 'think' again.

I don't think the issue highlighted here is meant to disrespect people from rural India...but it has opened up a serious issue...many people uneducated in their faith follow it as they should and as a result of this many Sikhs are not really Sikhs. They have a doped cultural values that are against sikhi. This is indeed sumthing we need to work on collectively...but the question is how?

TjKaur ji summed it very nicely.

I just know that after reading your comments ....most of you people have forgotten your roots.... now I feel when Any indian is discriminated by Gora or other people...Actually they are doing a Right thing..... Bc we people, by our own mentality and how we behave with our own people really deserve to be discriminated... So disgusting... baahr settle ho gye a te apni aukaat bhuli firde....Tusi lokaan ne Gore nai ban jana,,,khoon thavada indian hi hrehna va...Ask your Father when he went to uk Usa from his pind .....idiots. ..and O.P.. tu mile ta main tainu das dava ki pendu kinu kende a....Maar maar jutiyaaa teri akal tikaane lyaa dva...

TG

A few things to keep in mind. The OP was referring to someone from the UK, not from an indian village. I agree with him that we have a cultural problem that is worldwide.The title of this thread is not helpful and should not be on a Sikh forum.

Our issue is not isolated to geography of villages in punjab by any means. There have been gurudwara fights across the world. Around the world there are numerous punjabi's tatooing a caste pride with a khanda as part of a gangster image. Forget villages, we've formed ghettos of idiocy around the world. There is extreme sexism and racism outside of India amongst punjabis. As a punjabi Sikh, there is an assumption that I think the same way so backward attitudes are divulged freely and in plenty supply.

This does not preclude the fact that various forms of issues exist in every society. However, if we want to work on the world and use our home (sikhi sangat) as a base, we must maintain our home.

I'm not sure why you keep referring to blood and goras and becoming goray. There are "goray" Sikhs, blood and race is irrelevant. Per capita goray sikhs are by far the truest followers of Guru Gobind SIngh Ji.

With respect to "becoming goray" large segments of India, punjabis included long ago in attempt to "become gora", surpassed it and became a caricature of gora. I'm not sure if it is an inferiority complex, slave mentality or what. On one hand India insists it is nation of pride second to no gora. Punjabi pride is at the forefront. But on the other hand in an attempt at some awkward western liberalization india got on the dance floor to fit in just a bit and ended up looking like drunks in heat. So chill with the long outdated concept of "becoming gora". The world is a complex mind, simple heart sher and pind in one and we're all in it together. There are beautiful tolerant people from everywhere and all walks of life and the opposite from all walks of life as well.

Lastly, did you just,even if figuratively, challenge OP to a physical encounter and threaten him?

I just know that after reading your comments ....most of you people have forgotten your roots.... now I feel when Any indian is discriminated by Gora or other people...Actually they are doing a Right thing..... Bc we people, by our own mentality and how we behave with our own people really deserve to be discriminated... So disgusting... baahr settle ho gye a te apni aukaat bhuli firde....Tusi lokaan ne Gore nai ban jana,,,khoon thavada indian hi hrehna va...Ask your Father when he went to uk Usa from his pind .....idiots. ..and O.P.. tu mile ta main tainu das dava ki pendu kinu kende a....Maar maar jutiyaaa teri akal tikaane lyaa dva...

I have Pendu relations and they drive me around the bend. Tell them something and they will deny it to death, even if they are wrong. I think this strain, of backwardness, emerged when certain communities became Sikhs for political and societal purposes. Superficially they claimed to be Sikhs, but internally they brought their outdated practices in the panth. Their mentality is rife all over. In the Gurughar your relatives will tell you to decry cast, but they will follow it themselves. Such a mentality, which unfortunately is rife in our community today, is not equipped for advancement in the 21st century.