Sign in to follow this  
Singh97

Origin Of Blue Bana's

VJKK VJKF

When did Khalsa Fauj start wearing blue bana's? I've heard different stories, some say Baba Deep Singh Ji started them and some say Guru Gobind Singh Ji started them. Obviously they weren't there at Guru Nanak Dev Ji's time so does anyone know when exactly they started? Sorry if it's an odd question, I was talking to a few friends and we couldn't figure it out.

VJKK VJKF

I hate to disappoint you but the truth is that ALL forms of clothing have their origins in history not mythology. The reality is that before the Moguls came to India the SiKhs simply didn't exist. It is highly likely that at the time of Guru Hargobind Ji military attire was heavily influenced by the royal courts at the time, of the Moguls and Rajputs in particular. Certainly if you look at the paintings of this period, there is remarcable similarity between the nihang bana and shastars and what the warriors were adorning at the time. One can romaticise as much as one wants, and though there will be some variations in colour and style, and it is perfectly possible that many nihang dals adopted blue, there is no real historical or theological significance in colour. Military attire needs to be fit and foremost for purpose. Much of what passes as Sikhi bana is of little practice significance in modern day warfare, where fireproofs, khakis etc are what is needed. i am not saying that todays Sikh youth should not get dressed up at weekends and romanticise the past, indeed, I have done plenty of that and have all my baba, of every colour, neatly packed away. My argunent is to see this for what itnis, a bit of fun, nothing more. Its like the old english enthusiasts I see at Warwick and Kennilworth castle's enacting old battles and generally having a good time. It is a hobby and nothing more than that. The serious busness of Sikhis is far removed, and it concerns addressing the most pressing issues facinng humanity today, of hunger, illiteracy, poverty, confict, gender violence, racism, greed and most of all saving the planet. i would like to hear what the nihangs in the blue bana's have to say and do about these issues. These are the battled for modern day warriors to fingt.

everything is interconnected , every religion everything

saying one thing is a mythology and ours is concrete is just as stupid as saying that

if we cannot prove god, he doesn't exist.

rise above your ego and intellect rise towards that higher conciousness, learn things with empty cup for you will learn nothing with ego and a cup full of tat gian

Edited by savinderpalsingh

saying one thing is a mythology and ours is concrete is just as stupid as saying that

rise above your ego and intellect rise towards that higher conciousness, learn things with empty cup for you will learn nothing with ego and a cup full of tat gian

Guru Gobind Singh Ji's pluralism allowed him to utilise Hindu Culture despite not professing belief in it.

so don't make misinforming posts to confuse people. The kachera came from Hanuman, Chandi gave us the Sri Sahib. Shiva gave us the kara .....don't hate Hindus so much.

I thought Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave the panj Pyare the 5 Ks... I Didn't realise that some Sikhs think they came from monkey and war gods.

• Like 1

I thought Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave the panj Pyare the 5 Ks... I Didn't realise that some Sikhs think they came from monkey and war gods.

that's just shows your lower level of intellect , we see it ,that guru sahib was so great , king of kings that those deities came to give blessings and offerings to khalsa

Indeed so, I am going through 800 pages long japji sahib teeka pdf by sant gyani gurbachan singh bhindranwale amount of cross platform framework similarities we share with indic/snatan/hindu texts/figures is astounding, teeka is filled with references from shared wider indic/hindu sources ie- textual references be it sakhiya, bravery snatan (ancient) sakhiya of hanuman, sita etc based on gurbani, vedantic-dristha famework, patanjog meditation framework(Yoga chit virthi nirodha), vaishaava bhagti framework avtar metaphysics, atma-paratma framework, three types of reality, three types of gunas-sato, rajo, tamo, turiya, panj tat many more

Edited by N30S1NGH

Funny thing about these Sikhs that love to acknowledge the Hindu origins of Sikh things.

Something happens to their tongue and ability to speak or write when it comes to the Muslim origin of Sikh things.

They go strangely silent.

They use the Hindu origin argument to argue their case that Sikhism begat from Hinduism and is still part of it.

Using their own strange logic then, we must have acknowledged and begat from Islam.

After all, many of our wordsand traditions such as Sardar, Khalsa, Shaheed, nihung, dastar, dastar bandi etc come from Islamic nations to our north rather than Hindu India to our south.

Thats what these 'Hindu' origin fanatics need to understand. If they insist on pressing the Hindu culture case they must understand and accept that others could just as easily press the Islam case.

Both, are equally wrong.

• Like 2

Jab Lag Khalsa Rahe Niara Tab lag tej diyo mai sara

Jab eh gae Bipran ki reet, mai naa karo in ki prateet

As long as Khalsa remains distinct we will have support of Guru Gobind Singh Jee. But when khalsa goes the way of Biparvaad as some members on this thread are doing by trying to Hinduize Sikhi, no wonder we are in the state we are today where Sikhs are confused about the distinctiveness of Sikh Dharm and think it is a part of Hinduism. May Guru Jee do kirpa on Khalsa so we remain distinct.

What ever we got we got from Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Devi Devtas are in no position to give us anything. Far from giving Guru's Khalsa anything, these Devi Devtas are beggars at the doorsteps of Khalsa.

• Like 4

When ram Chander JI became happy at Hanuman after looking at this jat and sat, ram gave him kachera..pointing towards jatta and sat qualities and alluding towards early ancient use of kachera. Gurbani patt darshan page- 62 by sant gurbachan singh bhindranwale

On another note, here is post by khalis

Very good explanation regarding this which was also used for parchar:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/66400-origen-of-the-5ks-hindu-devtas/?p=536494

Many of us look at these topics to literally and immaturely, we don't try and understand the superb psychology and stategy of Guru Gobind Singh bani and the writers and parcharaks of the puratan era (18th C).

How did the Khalsa panth keep getting populated and rejuvinated when it was being systematically removed from the face of the Earth by those who were threatened and in Raj?

Parcharaks drew in large numbers from the Hindu fold, by showing respect to the devtai but at the same time, showing their subservience to the Master of both Worlds - Guru Gobind Singh. Hindus are of many folds, if you take the most popular devtai (many of whose sakhiyan are actually very inspiring) and subtely enjoin/unite them under the hand of the tenth master, you open flood gates to a whole world of potential Khalsai.

Our semetic strategy of removing and insulting all non Sikh elements and proclaiming monopoly on God will never work if we want to grow the Panth and spread Sikhi.

The 'factual' element of these sakhiyan is of lesser importance, all that matters is the artth (underlying philosophy) which many of us sadly miss.

We should quit our phobias and make effort to understand more deeply the wisdom of old. You will find in many cases, it does not contradict Gurbani.

Guru Gobind Singj is said to have always carried a copy of Hanuman natak in his kamarkasa. If we bother to read the story of Hanuman, we may actually Be inspired by it and realise what it means to be a shargrid of the highest calibre - his love and devotion to his Guru/Parmatma, Sri Ramchandar was a masterclass in discipleship. We of course have are own traditions to look at and consider even more importantly like the majestic devotion of Bhai Lena to Guru Nanak Dev Ji, but that does not mean we cannot respect and also be inspired by others too.

Knowledge removes the need for low level insults and phobias of all kinds.

There cannot ever be any panthic ekta if all we do is ridicule the diversity of traditional beliefs, ithihas and traditions that exist. We don't have to agree, but at least 'try' and take something positive from them, and respect that other Guru Pyare hold those beliefs dear.
Edited by N30S1NGH

!! first Sikhs were already addicted of castiesm and now reading above I see They are also desperate to think that 5 k's come from Hindus?? LOL....ae ki ho reha va??

• Like 3