Pav 'singh' On Tv - Big Brother 2014

ikisingh

'Rehat bina na Sikh kahavee''. Guru Gobind Singh Ji wouldn't call him Sikh so what gives us the right to call him a Sikh? He's NOT Sikh.

Why isnt he a sikh?

There are 400-500,000 Sikhs in the UK, less than 1% of the world's population are Sikhs. The turban helps us to identify Sikhs. Upon establishing turban as a Sikh identity Guru Gobind Singh Ji said, “My Sikh will be recognised among millions”.

Since Sikhs believe God to be present everywhere, they cover their head not just in church but everywhere else as well.

We should look at the wisdom ,knowledge and the education and experience of the person rather than his beard or what show his on.

You are Sikh if you follow the teaching of our Gurus. Guru Nanak did not set any example of keeping hair and so on. Most important is to help family, neighbours, no killing, no stealing and earn a living by right way of working and stay away from drugs, do not hurt anyone, be a friend etc, and you will be on the right path to being a good man.

Isn't this what all human beings strive for, regardless of how you look?

Pav is a western Sikh boy that represents many modern Sikh boys living in the UK. I'm for one am very proud that he is on the show, it takes courage, it takes something special than just words to put yourself out there without any fear of what people may think or say.

I dare my fellow Sikhs to do the same.... In fact I hope you do I will back you just the same.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Surely those who follow the teachings of Sikhi are Sikhs, dont't drink, don't smoke dont cut hair, Wake up at Amrit Veyla. There are those of course who are aspiring hard to get to this point, then there are those who are Cultural Sikhs ie are Sikhs as far as tradition and cultural identities. Sikhism isnt like Christianity in that you just profess faith, it requires commitment and a true desire to be with Guru ji. Sorry if you want to follow other definitions such as SPGC thats up to you, who am I to argue. I think you should measure if you are a Sikh of your Guru though and not if you wrap it around whats convenient for you.

There are 400-500,000 Sikhs in the UK, less than 1% of the world's population are Sikhs. The turban helps us to identify Sikhs. Upon establishing turban as a Sikh identity Guru Gobind Singh Ji said, “My Sikh will be recognised among millions”.

Since Sikhs believe God to be present everywhere, they cover their head not just in church but everywhere else as well.

We should look at the wisdom ,knowledge and the education and experience of the person rather than his beard or what show his on.

You are Sikh if you follow the teaching of our Gurus. Guru Nanak did not set any example of keeping hair and so on. Most important is to help family, neighbours, no killing, no stealing and earn a living by right way of working and stay away from drugs, do not hurt anyone, be a friend etc, and you will be on the right path to being a good man.

We must not forget Pav is a western Sikh boy that represents many modern Sikh boys living in the UK, Now amongst 68 Million people in the UK, with diverse cultures at play, we are all constantly adapting to our environment he still stands for many of qualities that are present in the modern Sikh man of today.

I'm for one am very proud that he is on the show, it takes courage, it takes something special than just words to put yourself out there without any fear of what people may think or say.

I urge all the committed Gursikhs who we look up to, to come from compassion and love, Pav will only bring out either the good in us or the bad in us, the ultimate question is who are you being in reaction to it.

We must not forget Pav is a western Sikh boy that represents many modern Sikh boys living in the UK, Now amongst 68 Million people in the UK, with diverse cultures at play, we are all constantly adapting to our environment he still stands for many of qualities that are present in the modern Sikh man of today.

I'm for one am very proud that he is on the show, it takes courage, it takes something special than just words to put yourself out there without any fear of what people may think or say.

I urge all the committed Gursikhs who we look up to, to come from compassion and love, Pav will only bring out either the good in us or the bad in us, the ultimate question is who are you being in reaction to it.

Pav is a western Sikh boy that represents many modern Sikh boys living in the UK. I'm for one am very proud that he is on the show, it takes courage, it takes something special than just words to put yourself out there without any fear of what people may think or say.

I dare my fellow Sikhs to do the same.... In fact I hope you do I will back you just the same.

Guru Nanak ji told Bhai Mardana Ji not to cut his hair as it was in direct keeping with the hukam of Akaal purkh ji who is sabit surat themselves as is revealed in Gurbani also Guru ji told babar not to drink alcohol

ਸੋਹਣੇ ਨਕ ਜਿਨ ਲੰਮੜੇ ਵਾਲਾ ॥

Sohanae Nak Jin Lanmarrae Vaalaa ||

सोहणे नक जिन लमड़े वाला ॥

Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long.

25037 ਵਡਹੰਸ (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੬੭ ਪੰ. ੯

Raag Vadhans Guru Nanak Dev

SGGS JI ANG 567

ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤ ਰੱਬ ਦੀ, ਭੰਨੇ ਬੇਈਮਾਨ । ਦਰਗਹਿ ਢੋਈ ਨਾ ਮਿਲੇ, ਕਾਫ਼ਰ, ਕੁੱਤਾ, ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ ।

“God has made the human perfect, but the dishonourable destroy it.

They will find no place in the Court of God, like the unbeliever, dog and Satanist.”

(Guru Nanak Janam Sakhi)

anyway are you trying to say that Guru Nanak did not say it (which he did), so its ok then what about Guru Gobind Singh ji's hukam and rehat (cutting hair bujjer kurehat which applies to all who call themselves the sikh of the ten gurus to sggs ji amritdhari or not) or are you one of those people who only believe in Guru Nanak if so then you are totally mistaken

Nanak Gobind Singh leen ju pani sang pani, i believe this is how the verse goes they are one of the same !!

hope this helps, i am not out to hurt anyone but my feelings are hurt when people try to distort my Guru ji's teachings to accommodate their worldy lifestyles.