If Sikhs Are Vegetarian Because We Respect Life, Then Should We Also Be Vegan?

Moogle1542

PLEASE, I HUMBLY REQUEST THAT WE KEEP THE TOPIC OF MEAT OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION AS IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY QUESTION.

IF I MAY REPEAT MYSELF, I AM ASKING THE VEGETARIAN COMMUNITY AS TO WHETHER THE TREATMENT OF CATTLE IN THE INDUSTRIALIZED WEST VIA DAIRY FARMING IS ACCEPTABLE, AND IF NOT, SHOULD WE BECOME VEGAN? OR IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE ANSWER?

THANK YOU.

I agree the standards of piare and compassion the average singhni or singh show their dairy cattle nobody here could match that's why I will only buy milk from Yeo valley as I know they get organic green fodder only, not cowcake (which is often adulterated with non food elements to bulk it out) , they are treated with medicines only when absolutely necessary not for growth modulation, even with these methods I'm trying to cut down on consumption.

I will make 'almond and sesame milk' in my blender as a substitute for cereals as I have found that cow's milk seems to increase mucus production in the body. I went pure raw vegan for about six months and I can honestly say I felt so much better and dropped loads of unwanted weight, my throat seemed less croaky when trying to sing kirtan so that's a big plus, slept less but deeper, had loads of energy, the mind was calm and emotions mellow after the initial toxic offload :biggrin2:

If we go by Guru ji's advise to NOT eat/consume things which cause pain discomfort to the body/mind I would say going vegan would be OK but got to keep an eye on B12 supplementation if not consuming much raw veggies or fruits.

The question of protein people keep bringing up is a bit of a misunderstanding when we have had the most growth bodywise within the first year of life we only consume breastmilk which has max 6% protein yet we double weight in the space of a few months which is flesh, blood and bone not just fat, so we don't need huge amounts to maintain or grow. Our bodies also dismantle ingested proteins to amino acids and reassemble to the required protein structure in the body , if one has a variety of amino acids in diet the body can produce flesh no matter where they come from . If we cook protein it denatures a large proportion of it , so if we can eat sources of protein in raw form the body'd processing of the proteins will be easier....that where leafy greens, especially cruciferous vegetables help loads . There are plenty of healthy MMA athletes, ultramarathoners and Bodybuilders who use this diet knowledge and are blasting away the competition.