Elections

Bijla Singh

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many muslims in America have been under scrutiny just because their muslims... even
So this is Bush's fault? You know, maybe I just don't listen closely enough, but I've never heard Bush rally white Americans to committ bigotry against Muslims. Have you heard him say stuff like that? If so, please provide evidence. And what's your point anyway? Will all prejudice against Muslims magically dissappear if Kerry wins?
now there are cases where a woman gets pregnant from her rapist

Bush doesn't mind abortion when it comes to Rape, incest or saving a woman's life, but that's besides the point. That issue is in the hands of the Supreme Court. Kerry voted against the Partial Birth Abortion ban which banned late late-term abortions. How could Kerry ever justify this?

Drink.... who says it's right or wrong....
Well, the Sikh religion expressly forbids it. And

its a scientific fact that it impairs one's judgment and ability to react. If the United States is attacked, I think Americans would prefer a sober person in office. And in my personal opinion, it also refects on the moral nature of a person as well.

Oh and w what's happening in Iraq... I'm not sure if Saddam was a saint or not, but i do no that everyday life there was prolly much better than what they're experiencing now...

Really? I wouldn't be so sure. Remember this:

The anti-war website Iraqbodycount.net estimates that between 11,487 and 13,458 Iraqis have been killed since the start of the war. Added to that are 1049 coalition deaths listed. That is a staggering 14,507 deaths since March 19 last year - a horrendous average of 28.5 people, real human beings, a day for the 509 days.

How could this ever be justified? Wouldn't Iraq have been better off without this?

It is estimated that Saddam killed between 500,000 and 1 million of his own people in the 13 years since the Gulf War, not including the effects of the sanctions. The lower number averages out to be 105 a day.

Assuming Saddam had stayed in power, as the anti-war movement would have had, and assuming his regime did not fundamentally change, Saddam could have killed between 53,445 and 106,890 innocent people in the same 509 days.

In other words, the war probably cost between 38,938 and 92,383 fewer lives than the so-called peace would have cost.

I can't believe that as a sikh ur vouching for separate sikh schools...

How is that such an offensive position? Maintaining Sikh identity is a priority for most Sikhs, maybe not for you, but that's your personal preference, not mines.

And i'm surprised u say that the American economy is strong Japnaam ji

The American economy is the strongest economy in the world?

What good has Bush done for free trade????
Bush tried to re-negotiate NAFTA into a "Free Trade of the Americas" zone. He's said he wants to negotiate a settlement to softwood. I remember hearing the BC forestry minister on TV once, he said that it was mainly protectionists in congress holding up resolutions to these issues.
he has no vocabulary whatsoever

Very good, when you can't make any persuasive arguments resort to insults and name-calling.

Hmmmm if you are focussin on the war of terrorism, how come they're in Iraq?

In order to fight "terror", you can't just kill a few terrorists a

nd expect to win. You'd have to change the societies in which the terrorists are formed. Democracies will be far less likely to support terrorism.

Uhhh dude, i'd respond, but u have failed to refute my facts...

U bring up my views... but we all know what i think, refute my facts dear brother!!!!.....

I'm not going to argue what i've already explicitely stated....

Mods/ Admin

I realize we're debating now, but i think this post is in the wrong section....should be moved to a place where it can be openly looked at

Start a new thread. Purpose of this thread was to know who the sangat supports more. I wanted to see how many people agree with me. I support kerry. Japnaam Singh has his views and you have yours but if you want to debate, start a new thread. Sikhi is pro life. if you want to discuss abortion, morality and religion or bhang then start another thread. Again, please start a new thread. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

3) Should i say gas price  I can't even go back to some places as gas price hurting me a lot..

i could be wrong but aren't gas prices sorta set by OPEC? its over $50 a barrel last week, you can't expect gas stations to sell it to ya cheap. they gotta make some profit, rite?

i don't think the president has any control over that, its a capitalist nation, so gas stations set their prices themselves based on how mcuh they gotta pay per barrel.

as for who would i vote for...i dunno, thats why i ain't gonna vote :wub: . it looks like a lose lose situation to me. vote for bush and we're gonna hear ppl complainin for another 4 years about how hes messing up with war on terror. vote for kerry and well, he juz doesn't seem qualified to me. hes all for raising taxes, juz look at his record! i hate taxes. <_<

Gas price jumped because of war on iraq. and going war on iraq is Mr. Bu$h idea. Mr. Bu$h is oil companies guy.. He only listen to them not to ppls like me .. Why? because he get $$ support by these oil companies.. but major factor is "War in Iraq" which boosted the price to go like a dollar high a gallon since sept 9/11..

America has gone though and is going through several changes since sept. 11, 2001. But we cannot blame President Bush for each and every problem. I think we should blame it on American Life. Two weeks ago I was talking to an Asian American Studies professor who is a single mom and went though alot of hardships to complete his phd. She said we should change our lifestyle. Americans live a totally different life style than rest of the world. Instead of complaining about gas prices, go and ride the bus, get on a train, ride a bike.

I totally agree with her. Blaming the president is not a wise choice, instead we should blame, not blame actually blame, but understand the circumstances and the situations we went though in past 3 years. We were attacked. Very bad. Then we have to defend ourselves and punish the enemy. And in order to do that, we used our resources and our economy went down. So what! Don't Americans see that they were attacked and therefore, it will affect their lives too(economically).

As for the elections, it is sad that some sikhs are willing to vote for someone who calleed them TERRORISTS. (His apology wan't satisfactory!)

So in my opinion, President Bush will be a better choice for American Future.

how about the getting around 10,000 ppls killed just because some guy thought that he will find WMD?? Comeeeeonnn are we joking here?? sorry bijla singh i got speak out at this thread tongue.gif

American lifestyle is nothing.. i been thru it and it SUX big time.. Majority of Americans are in fear for no reason.. They do have independant *selfish* nature and their lifestyle is not that much different as to me or to many others.. It's empty manmat world and "It's all about me me me me & me."

What about you guys with bush ?? Did you know their history? this party is Anti-Immigrant.. if it wasn't other parties we wouldn't be here at all.. Who gave the hard time to MLK for civil right down in Alabama and Lousiana?? (and that was just only 5 decades ago).. Who opposed Lyndon Jhonson signing of Civil right law after MLK speech in Washington?? Take a guess why more than 90% of minority ppls ONLY vote for Democratic party?? Why nature tree loving ppls vote for democratic party?? Supporting some party is not easy.. u got to know their long history and don't jump on conclusion just by some cheap MUTLI million dollar commercial they aired on tv during this campaign or by landing some aircraft on nave fleet.. I speak for myself because i see the difference between clinton's time and the Bush time..

Regarding Gas price increase.. I don't see the damn reason why i should pay a price of $2.60 a gallon while i was paying $1.65 before.. Though i support enviornment but that's another story.. Let say.. If

my computer got broke and i IMPOSE rule that every person in my community pay me so that i buy a new one.. Same thing with bush or whoever mastermind is behind him to go into war by fooling american public and now looting us (not unless you are rich)..

Bush is in fact a nice straight forward guy.. but his whole old "Bush Sr." administration team is in fact danger for me and to the world. I don't only live in America, I also reside in world and i do care for the ppls in Iraq as i care for the people living next to my house and i do not support the candidate just because he is fighting against muslim ppls.. If somebody is supporting just for that reason needs to wake up !!!

I rest my case :TH: