Darbar Hall Seperation

hsingh8963

It's a FACT that women cannot keep from talking. How many times do the Gianis have to tell them to ''CHUP DA DAAN BAKSHO BIBIAN' They shrug their shoulders and walk off to the kitchens to compare suits and who's daughter-in-laws doing what, Imagine if they were allowed to sit with their husbands etc etc!

That wasn't nice to experience. If a family wants to sit together so should be, nobody has right to do that in my opinion. Same with if one spouse is not well then should be allowed to sit together. Understandable if there is no reason to sit together, then separate, but where there are problems sitting together should be allowed, if they are from one family then it's obvious.

A Gurdwaras isn't a social meeting class. You go to the Gurdwara to mediate, absorb Gurbani into the thirsty soul [for most] you can't do this with family surrounding you, they'd be talking about home affairs and so on. Only a true devotee can fathom this. You want to sit with your family, well switch on the numerous Sikh Channels and sit.

A Gurdwaras isn't a social meeting class. You go to the Gurdwara to mediate, absorb Gurbani into the thirsty soul [for most] you can't do this with family surrounding you, they'd be talking about home affairs and so on. Only a true devotee can fathom this. You want to sit with your family, well switch on the numerous Sikh Channels and sit.

I never said it was a social meeting place. Actually I do watch Sikh channels. No u are wrong, as there are people with disabilities who cannot sit on there own, like me now, so I would need somebody to sit with me, and no we would not be talking about home affairs. That's ur thinking only. Why can't a family sit together at the gurdwara. Nowhere does it say they can't unless u prove it. Next u will say if u can't sit on ur own u should not go to the gurdwara.

I'm talking about people who r unable to sit on their own, not those that are able to.

I think you'll find that grisht jiwan is the highest form of bhakti training....Guru ji said so any fool can run for the hills and claim to have conquered his/her indrian ... A single person with three kids under two years cannot physically cope alone if more than one child cries... And what is the problem with where someone sits if they have full dhian in Guru and bani? SUrely the problem is with the man who trundled over to create ruckus in darbar disturbing others more than ourselves, who were sitting right at the back of the hall not in any persons eyeline , sitting in shantmai avaasta taking in amritbani. We were bringing our kids to Guru ji's charan to learn and what our son learnt is you can sit quietly and have random bossey/nosey persons grab up on you just cause they feel they know everything? It's amazing that so far I have heard all the guys be negative about the women but guys you 'push' the family aside to serve your own selfish want , surely you have a duty to share and ensure Guru ji's message lives in the hearts of all your family? Maybe I am naive to believe that your protective role extends that far but honestly it would be wonderful if every Singh and SInghni did that for each other and the new generation

It's a FACT that women cannot keep from talking. How many times do the Gianis have to tell them to ''CHUP DA DAAN BAKSHO BIBIAN' They shrug their shoulders and walk off to the kitchens to compare suits and who's daughter-in-laws doing what, Imagine if they were allowed to sit with their husbands etc etc!

Veer ji

go in any pind any city centre you'll find loads of babey sitting together talking nonstop , oh I'm sorry they are not gossiping, nah just speaking about highly important metaphysical matters while eyeing up the womenfolk going back and forth doing their duties.

You cannot generalise like that it shows your lack of understanding and definitely immaturity.

I think you'll find that grisht jiwan is the highest form of bhakti training....Guru ji said so any fool can run for the hills and claim to have conquered his/her indrian ... A single person with three kids under two years cannot physically cope alone if more than one child cries... And what is the problem with where someone sits if they have full dhian in Guru and bani? SUrely the problem is with the man who trundled over to create ruckus in darbar disturbing others more than ourselves, who were sitting right at the back of the hall not in any persons eyeline , sitting in shantmai avaasta taking in amritbani. We were bringing our kids to Guru ji's charan to learn and what our son learnt is you can sit quietly and have random bossey/nosey persons grab up on you just cause they feel they know everything? It's amazing that so far I have heard all the guys be negative about the women but guys you 'push' the family aside to serve your own selfish want , surely you have a duty to share and ensure Guru ji's message lives in the hearts of all your family? Maybe I am naive to believe that your protective role extends that far but honestly it would be wonderful if every Singh and SInghni did that for each other and the new generation

Penji is right, th more u split up kids to sit on their own, they won't want to go gurdwara.

It's probably coz guys have it easy in our communities that's y women talk so much. I agree u should not talk in darbar sahib, but if somebody comes n greets u, it's very selfish to totally ignore them too. I see nothing wrong in that as long as u don't sit there talking for ages and doing chuglian loudly so it affects others concentration. They can talk in langar hall if they want to. Also men also do it not just women. I guess It is a social meeting place too for th elders, as they have nowhere else to go. Some people go for th social atmosphere as their lives are lonely or don't have families. Better than sitting at home and getting depressed.

If they could sit with their husbands imagine wat. It would be great, they should sit together and pray together, wats so wrong in that.

Wat etc etc, ha ha u don't want families sitting together u don't want husband wife sittin together. Maybe this is why nobody absorbs anything, if they sit with their husbands wouldn't that stop th talking. I can't understand y people opposes to families sitting together, that should a gud thing right if a family prays together.

If they could sit with their husbands imagine wat. It would be great, they should sit together and pray together, wats so wrong in that.

Wat etc etc, ha ha u don't want families sitting together u don't want husband wife sittin together. Maybe this is why nobody absorbs anything, if they sit with their husbands wouldn't that stop th talking. I can't understand y people opposes to families sitting together, that should a gud thing right if a family prays together.

I think also Penji that the guys are scared they would get a chittar for eyeing up the single girls that's the main scary point for them they wouldn't be able to get away with it ... LOL

I think also Penji that the guys are scared they would get a chittar for eyeing up the single girls that's the main scary point for them they wouldn't be able to get away with it ... LOL

Maybe, but I feel only families and those with disabilities or elders that cannot sit on their own should be allowed to sit in their groups if the kids cannot sit on own. All else should sit separate coz then there is risk of sitting next to strangers and can cause problems between males and females sitting together. That would be uncomfortable stranger girls and guys or men and women sitting together. Isn't this normally wat happens when families go together they sit together, but get divided into gender. If a family wants to sit together then why not? If they are to sit in there own group then how does it harmful? Has this always been from the Gurus times or when was it created?

A Gurdwaras isn't a social meeting class.

Traditionaly Sikh Gurdwaras (dharamsalas) were exactly that. A place for Sikhs to meet with each other, sit with each other as a community. Our history here in the west is founded on that very basis, with the Gurdwara acting as a focal point for new arrivas to access help and information. We see that even today with the thousands of Italian Sikh families arriving each year from Italy into the UK. The first place they go for help and guidance is the Gurdwara.

This discussion has lost it's way a little in that most posters do not seem to understand a very simple fact. And that fact is that the sexes sitting together is the taditional way, i.e the way it is in practically every village Gurdwara in Punjab. This separation of the sexes that we find in our Gurdwaras in the UK, Canada and America etc is the relatively modern way of doing things. I think many of you seem to have this fact upside down - the wrong way round, mistakingly thinking separattion is the traditional way. Makes alot of this coversation rather topsy turvy, with people liking the modern 'western' way calling the traditionalists "modern" and 'western" for stressing the traditional way. :stupidme: