Sikh Woman On Interfaith Wedding Issue

this whole group of topics this week have been that way, maybe it's just the time of year when we think about the future of the panth that much more ...anyway I'm seriously down now and going to spend time doing paat, nothing else matters or helps.

I lose brain cells when I read silly comments by these so called Sikhs. Makes me wonder how bleak the future is.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I will oppose all of you and say the following words:

I am in full support of two people from different religious backgrounds getting married. Absolutely!!!!

:omg:

Just not through the Anand Karaj cermony which is reserved for practicing Sikhs.

I don't get the issue. You can get married through civil ceremonies everywhere. If you are marrying outside of the Sikh faith, you are not really a Sikh, are you (unless the definition recently changed and invalidated the Guru's Hukam and the Rehat Maryada, which states that a Sikh should marry a Sikh)? What't the issue? NOBODY here cares if you want to marry a person of another faith/species/alien life form/rocks/trees - it's just that the Anand Karaj is not for you. Go report to the nearest registrar or whatever agency is used in your country and get married. Or if the other spouse to be's faith supports "inter-faith marriages", go get married there.

You inter-faith marriage type people make no sense. You don't practice the faith, you don't do what the Gurus and the Panth say to do, and yet you insist on getting married in front of the Guru...why? What's the point? Tell you what - why not do everything that is involved in the Punjabi weddings EXCEPT the Anand Karaj - that only takes like 15 minutes and you can have the same experience more or less. If you think that doing four rounds around Guru Sahib (which you don't seem to believe in) is vital to your being considered married, then ask yourself why? Do you read Gurbani, do you follow Gurbani, are you following the faith? What are you doing? Why would you want to be a hypocrite in front of Guru Sahib? What are you hoping to achieve? Or what you are REALLY doing is a blind ritual with no meaning or consequence to your life and your new life as a married couple - frankly, every practicing Sikh should be positively offended that you would do this mockery in front of Guru Sahib and is absolutely justified in his/her outrage.

I lose brain cells when I read silly comments by these so called Sikhs. Makes me wonder how bleak the future is.

why because I turn my Guru for solace/rebalance instead of getting depressed, reading so many antigurmat things can make you temporarily think 'how is Sikhi gonna survive' when I know my Guru's bachan tells Khalsa Raj will come?

why because I turn my Guru for solace/rebalance instead of getting depressed, reading so many antigurmat things can make you temporarily think 'how is Sikhi gonna survive' when I know my Guru's bachan tells Khalsa Raj will come?

Whats more depressing to know is that we definitely know that Khalsa Raj won't happen during our lifetimes unless things change dramatically fast all we can do is unite and start the foundation for the future Sikhs after us. Also work on our own jeevans too of course.