Sikh Panth, Sikh Prisoners, And Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa

acsap

United Sikhs director Mejinderpal Kaur gives a legal perspective of how only 2 of the 7 prisoners have only applied for early release until now and their hearing on this issue is in February and hence none of the Imprisoned 7 can be released at this time on legal basis. She says that ONLY way the release can be accomplished is if Indian PM directs Indian Home Minister to release these prisoners. Hence she has urged everyone to write to Indian PM Narendra Modi on this issue and United Sikhs has created a process for this letter writing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwbGkpDAv8U&feature=youtu.be

Jas Singh Ji,

I find it hard to believe that the the remaining 5 Singh's would not have applied for early release. I will try and contact the Singh's with Bhai Sahib today to find out if this is the case. Did she provide the names?

Jas Singh Ji,

I find it hard to believe that the the remaining 5 Singh's would not have applied for early release. I will try and contact the Singh's with Bhai Sahib today to find out if this is the case. Did she provide the names?

VeerJi, I just copy-pasted from Facebook. I believe you will get some first hand information, so please update us after confirming with your sources.

VeerJi, I just copy-pasted from Facebook. I believe you will get some first hand information, so please update us after confirming with your sources.

I've been unable to get through today.

I'm no expert in Law but from what she says in her video is that the Singh's will have to apply for 'early' release in the High Court before the cases can be heard. This seems illogical as they have served their sentences already and this is not what's being requested. Bhai Sahib recently said cases that have been to the high court are then passed to the supreme court for a decision and another wait of 6 months plus ensues, if this happens obviously they wont survive!

Additionally, they have taken advice from Lawyers in Punjab so their stance that the power to have the Singhs released asap rests in the hands of Badal, the jail authorities have agreed to release the Singh's already. Once he agrees pressure can be applied to Central government.

Writing to Modi as she suggests, a key figure of Gujarat riots and a known fascist won't prove fruitful.

My concern now is that it is looking very likely Bhai Sahib will become shaheed and violence might follow giving the corrupt snakes more reason to call us Atvadhi and the excuse to imprison or murder more Sikhs.

I'm no expert in Law but from what she says in her video is that the Singh's will have to apply for 'early' release in the High Court before the cases can be heard. This seems illogical as they have served their sentences already and this is not what's being requested.

= Inderjit Singh Bhaji i've got a feeling that maybe the extended time beyond our innocent political prisoners' sentences is down to fictitious infringements added by Wardens (de facto added by previous Congress Sarkars) and thus that can be the only possible explanation to tie in with Bibi Menjinder Kaur's legal analysis of the situation perhaps? Irrespective of that via executive decree or presidential pardon the innocent Gursikhs can be released immediately as far as I understand. If Badal can't achieve this now when the NDA alliance is in power at Dehli (of which Badal Dal are a constituent member) then the only political consequence that needs to spelled out to Badal on January 7th is that Badal Dal and the BJP ought not to be left with many MLA's at the next statewide elections in Punjab. When Modi (and Badal Dal) won power in Delhi in May 2014 i never for a minute imagined that Bhai Sahib would even need to go on bhukh hadtaal once more. Even a January 26th release of the innocent political prisoners is virtually no good to us as a Panth if anything should happen to Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa Ji before then.

Bhai Sahib recently said cases that have been to the high court are then passed to the supreme court for a decision and another wait of 6 months plus ensues, if this happens obviously they wont survive!

= Panj Piare and Sadh Sangat simply cannot the bhukh hadtal to continue indefinitely if after January 7th, 8th, 9th there is any critical emergency threat to Bhai Sahib's as the Sikh Panth and humanity will lose whilst our opponents will benefit from the same if that should occur. January 1st having come and gone all hopes now rest with efforts on January 7th to show the political class the level of support Bhai Sahib has in India. Enough Sangat and black flags as Bhai Panthpreet Singh Khalsa Ji rightly said ought to make it clear that the Panth are United in our resolve and support for Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Ji and that we will hold those parties responsible (politically) should anything happen.

Additionally, they have taken advice from Lawyers in Punjab so their stance that the power to have the Singhs released asap rests in the hands of Badal, the jail authorities have agreed to release the Singh's already. Once he agrees pressure can be applied to Central government. Writing to Modi as she suggests, a key figure of Gujarat riots and a known fascist won't prove fruitful.

= Bhai Sahib i don't believe it can hurt as all politicians take into account the level of people power behind an agenda. If Modi thinks diaspora Sikhs will give him more of a break if he sanctions the release of the innocent political prisoners wrongly and falsely interned by Congress then I believe there is mileage in it.

My concern now is that it is looking very likely Bhai Sahib will become shaheed

= We as a Panth simply cannot allow that to happen Bhaji. Guru Panth have to ensure that should our innocent political prisoners not be released this week, then we have to collectively convince Bhai Sahib that we need them alive to continue the fight (for universal human rights and Sarbat Da Bhala) over decades. Looking at this as a war, we cannot fight a war with one dimensional tactics (whereby our enemies know our pre-determined course of action from the outset). We have to adapt our strategy to changing circumstances and we have to carefully weigh up which course brings greater collective long term benefit to the Panth. Should our innocent political prisoners not be released this week then Bhai Sahib actively campaigning to raise funds for those like HS Phoolka Sahib and Advocate Navkiran Singh to continue their efforts whilst Bhai Sahib spearheading our Panth's response in Ambala and Mohali areas to the millions in the Panth affected by drugs, female infanticide, illiteracy, biraderi, alcohol, poverty etc is a no brainer and Bhai Sahib's brave qurbani as seen the last 53 days has to got to be the last bhukh hadtal we utilise. To put Bhai Sahib's faith in Ardas into context ... Ramdev quit after 6 days ... Anna Hazare quit after 12days.

We don't want Bhai Sahib to be a memory of history in 2014 but to play a leading and active role in the recovery and expansion of the Sikh Panth in the next 5 decades plus. They have lead by example and sincerity

and violence might follow giving the corrupt snakes more reason to call us Atvadhi and the excuse to imprison or murder more Sikhs.

= I don't think that will occur from the Sangat Bhaji given Bhai Sahib's repeated calls for shanti (and that only our opponents want to see violence in order to taint us) but it is a possibility that our political opponents may try to present this via their own paid operatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv0vORXc-Ak

Good stuff, everyone please share any more links you find.

= We as a Panth simply cannot allow that to happen Bhaji. Guru Panth have to ensure that should our innocent political prisoners not be released this week, then we have to collectively convince Bhai Sahib that we need them alive to continue the fight (for universal human rights and Sarbat Da Bhala) over decades.

This wont happen not matter how hard you or we try. They will not allow anyone to interfere in their Ardas and do not even entertain the concept of stopping. Long term damage to their organs is already taking place and their father has explicitly stated he wants them to become shaheed if Singhs are not released so that the family name is not tarnished.

Bhai Sahib i don't believe it can hurt as all politicians take into account the level of people power behind an agenda. If Modi thinks diaspora Sikhs will give him more of a break if he sanctions the release of the innocent political prisoners wrongly and falsely interned by Congress then I believe there is mileage in it.

I have written to my local MP already but not to Modi and awaiting a response. Still I do not have much faith in MPs either, they pay lip service and tow the party line.

= I don't think that will occur from the Sangat Bhaji given Bhai Sahib's repeated calls for shanti (and that only our opponents want to see violence in order to taint us) but it is a possibility that our political opponents may try to present this via their own paid operatives.

Yes better if the Singhs keep a shaant mai morcha but some with Bhai Sahib have already suggested things may turn ugly.

Badal Misleading People in the Case of the Release of Bhai Lal Singh Akalgarh

BY SIKH24 EDITORS / IN PUNJAB, WORLD /

JANUARY 5, 2015

2014-12-11-lal-singh-333x500.jpgLUDHIANA, Punjab (January 5, 2015)—The claim of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Badal that he has written to the governor of Gujrat for release of Bhai Lal Singh is highly misleading. The Governor of Gujarat in a letter written to senior Journalist Kuldip Nayar and senior advocate HS Phoolka has informed that the matter pertains to the administrative jurisdiction of Punjab Government and the Gujarat governor cannot interfere in the matters of Punjab Government.

Bhai Lal Singh Akalgarh is imprisoned in Nabha Jail since 24 years. Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa is observing hunger strike for the permanent release of Sikh political prisoners including Bhai Lal Singh who have completed their terms.

The High Court has 3 times recommended the Govt. to consider his case for release but unfortunately he has not been released. Gujarat Govt. is throwing ball into the Court of Punjab Govt. and Punjab Govt. throw back in the Court of Gujarat govt. No one has taken a decision. In its judgment dated 23rd August 2012, Punjab & Haryana High Court stated that there is no allegation against Bhai Lal Singh of committing any murder or any other act and therefore recommended the govt. to consider the case of his release.

A representation sent by Kuldip Nayar, HS Phoolka, senior advocate Colin Gonsalves and N.D. Pancholi secretary, Citizens for Democracy to Governor of Gujarat to release Bhai Lal Singh. A scanned copy is published below. In response to this representation, a reply was received from the office of the governor of Gujarat that the matter pertains to the jurisdiction of Punjab Govt. which means that it is Punjab Govt. which can take the decision to release Bhai Lal Singh.

While the Gujarat governor has taken a categorical decision that the Punjab Govt. is competent to deal with this matter, the Punjab Govt. has not taken any decision till today. Meanwhile, Parkash Badal is misleading the people by not bringing the complete facts to the public.

The High Court has 3 times recommended the Govt. to consider his case for release but unfortunately he has not been released. Gujarat Govt. is throwing ball into the Court of Punjab Govt. and Punjab Govt. throw back in the Court of Gujarat govt. No one has taken a decision.

Mejinderpal Kaur should take note of this.

Singers, politicians and Sikh religious leaders from Punjab and Haryana are making a beeline to Gurdwara Lakhnaur Sahib even amidst bone-chilling wind to meet Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa, a former militant, now into the 52nd day of his indefinite fast, demanding the release of Sikh prisoners across the country who have completed their sentences, but continue to languish in jails.

Even as the VIPs continue to stream in, the man himself is angry at the Punjab government, the Akal Takht jathedar and the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC). The recent SGPC statement that there are 96 prisoners who have completed their terms, but continue to be imprisoned in Punjab’s jails itself has only provided fresh ammunition to Gurbaksh.

“Chief minister Parkash Singh Badal and Akal Takht jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh are misleading the public. The CM says that he has written letters to other state governments, but he must clarify what he has done for the release of Sikh prisoners in Punjab. Over the past year, the state government has not even filed its reply to a writ petition seeking the release of prisoners. Is the CM really serious on the issue?,” questioned Khalsa, who has lost nearly 20 kg since November last year, when he started his fast and has been surviving only on water.

“Instead of writing letters to others, Badal should ask officials to at least submit a written reply in court, stating that Punjab has no problem in releasing prisoners,” he said. “The CM must visit the PM over the issue,” he adds.

Attacking Akal Takht jatehdar Giani Gurbachan Singh, he claimed, “Last time, I ended my hunger strike on his assurance, but the jatehdar failed to keep his word. Now, he should issue a Hukamnana (edict) to the CM and the deputy CM to release the prisoners,” he says.

On whether he was aware that a Supreme Court ruling stopping the release of the accused in PM Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination could be a legal hitch, he said, “The least the Badals can do is to give an undertaking in court that Punjab wants to release these prisoners. Only then does writing to other CMs hold credibility.” Khalsa has already asked his supporters to hold peaceful protest marches on January 7 and submit a memorandum to district authorities for release of seven Sikh prisoners.

Meanwhile, politicians like AAP MP Harinder Singh Khalsa, noted Supreme Court lawyer HS Phoolka, religious leader Sant Baljit Singh Daduwal and others visited Singh on Sunday.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab/chandigarh/gurbaksh-sharpens-attack-on-state-govt-akal-takht/article1-1303354.aspx