Milk Nishan Sahib

hsingh8963

Oh yeah sorry. I forgot. My bad.

I forgot the fact there's no hunger in the world and every single man, woman and child within a travelling distance of Amritsar is so well fed he or she is practically obese and could in no way be in need of calcium. No way. My bad. I forgot how stupendously rich every person in India is.

Jagsaw Jee, if someone is going hungry it is not the fault of Sikhs. If someone needs roti and sabji to eat no one is stopping them from having Guru Ka Langar which is available in all Gurdwaras. I have seen people use the same line of argument against the Gold on Sri Darbar Sahib, they say "imagine all the hungry people that Gold can feed". Where do you draw the line.

I doubt the 2 or so baltees of kachee lassi(not milk for your info) which is used in one year will satisfy the hunger for milk of Punjab's numerous poor children. For that they are for than free to come to any SGPC run Gurdwaras all over Punjab/Haryana/Himachal which has langar 24/7

It's just a backwards mentality thing that nobody bothers to challenge or change.

True but the Hindu Mahants + British introduced it as a way of fooling Sikhs to think that Nishan Sahib = a shiv ling.

Why is milk used for cleaning just curious.. Nishan sahib.. Harmandir sahib.

True but the Hindu Mahants + British introduced it as a way of fooling Sikhs into thinking the Nishan Sahib pole is a shiv ling. Obviously all the Sanatan Sant Samaj Samparda's support this idea like Nirmala's, Udasi's, DDT + Nangs.

Bhai Randir Singh Ji said it was pure bahmanwaad.

A lot of Sanatani's denied it on this thread + got peeps like panthicunity put into QC so Jagsaw+Cisco be careful.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/70465-washing-darbar-sahib-floor-with-milk-is-equal-to-shivjis-singh-sabha-canada/page-3?hl=washing

Guru Sahib even would not allow gold on Darbar Sahib as it was only Maharajah Ranjit Singh that did it as Guru Sahib would want the gold melted off to feed the poor. But the Sanatan Samparda's that are in bed with Badal to rape Punjab called the Sant Samaj all encourage all this milk nonsense to copy shiv lingams.

ਕਨਿਕ ਮੰਦਰ ਪਾਟ ਸੇਜ ਸਖੀ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਾਹਿ ਇਨ ਸਿਉ ਤਾਤ ॥੧॥

kanik mandar paat sayj sakhee mohi naahi in si-o taat. ||1||

Mansions of gold, and beds of silk sheets - O sisters, I have no love for these. ||1||

ਮੁਕਤ ਲਾਲ ਅਨਿਕ ਭੋਗ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਮ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਾਤ ॥

mukat laal anik bhog bin naam naanak haat.

Pearls, jewels and countless pleasures, O Nanak, are useless and destructive without the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

AND

ਲੋਹਾ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਸਮ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਨਹਿ ਤੇ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਭਗਵਾਨਾ ॥੧॥

lohaa kanchan sam kar jaaneh tay moorat bhagvaanaa. ||1||

who look alike upon iron and gold - they are the very image of the Lord God. ||1||

A lot of Sanatani's denied it on this thread + got peeps like panthicunity + gurdeepsinghjohal put into QC so Jagsaw+Cisco be careful.

bro, gurdeepsinghjohal was put into QC because he was denying the truthfulness of Gurbani and Vaaraan of Bhai Gurdas Jee. And he was put on QC due to another topic not about the issue of Kachee lassi being used

To be fair Milk is Great to clean the Marble in Darbar Sahib

No it's not..Milk adds no benefit to cleaning marble over plain water. Milk has no cleaning properties or other properties that make it useful for the cleaning, preservation or protection of marble or metal in the case of nishan sahib poles. It's just pure ritualism, because as already mentioned in the eyes of the uneducated milk is seen to be pure and clean because it's white in colour. See the below link to the victoria and albert museum regarding cleaning marble..

http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/articles/c/cleaning-marble/

Using Milk is to be AVOIDED see below from the above link:

Using milk is never appropriate because the residues that will inevitably be left behind are acidic in themselves, will encourage mould growth and attract dirt. Traditional cleaners containing vinegar or lemon juice can have a similar unwanted effect.

By milk I meant the kachi lassi that is is used mostly water a little milk..?

Marble is a crystalline structure formed from lime stone.Detergents that are acidic or alkaline will damage the marble if used for cleaning.;clearning with solvents have residues that result on erosion of surface resulting in damage.Pure milk is acidic and residue left will leave dirt leading to mould. So what they do is dilute milk with water of sarovar and that is the best procedure to wash marble since 19th century.

So what management is doing is the most appropriate method and .when you visit inner area see the softness and smoothness of marble there.It is amazingly soft.

GPS